BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It might be them fixing the issue with pets and trust npcs... also iirc there was some talk of jugs not despawning whenever you zone
    also some sort of conserve jug trait

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    replace dead with comatose
    rocl wru monstrosity is not the same

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    replace dead with comatose
    You forget too. She's not comatose, she's recovering. If you go and talk to Gilgamesh he says something to the effect of "I can't believe I get to talk to her again".

Bitch is saved bitches.

I'm sure I'll rile up some fans but aside of her inducing boners in a few of you does anybody actually care about Lion? She really doesn't have much of a character, at least not as memorable as any of the other heroines. I can think of things Prishe/Nash/Lilisette can all say that the other wouldn't, not so much with Lion because she was just more of just a generic partner character they had in the game's early days before they started putting a lot more into the story.

As for "why are we fighting the Zilart brothers again", I know it was probably just a joke, but usually when I see "hard mode" battles in games I kinda figure they're more like retcons of "the fight was actually this tough in the story", otherwise you'd ask that same question for hard mode(s) in just about any game

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I took it as the NPC somehow is able to manipulate your memories and create a mock battle of some sort. I don't think they are the actual enemies we've faced. At least that is my opinion on it. I didn't think much of Lion anyways.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I want Prishe as a Trust. Wonder if that will happen...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i was actually upset because Lion could have gotten a quest acquisition for the alter-ego that could have expanded on her story.. or made it so that, you know.. people who did missions/apoc nigh would be rewarded with having access to another NPC (provided that it was a part of the requirements).
    Instead, they just used it as login bait.. which to me is pretty sad.

I personally feel that it shouldn't be everyones right to own all the alter-egos and if you managed to earn them, then its another tool in your Trust arsenal.. but none of them are actually game breaking to the extent that you HAVE to use them to begin with. And it isn't a valid argument to say that they're putting it in the login campaign so its more accessible to people... because once the campaign is over, its NOT accessible.. but if it were through some quest acquisition, it would be.

But of course, its just a lot easier to put the item in the game without quest dialogue or cutscenes.. Lion isn't just a normal NPC.. she's the heroine of RotZ, she deserves more than a random piece of paper you find off a moogle. I'd reckon the same should apply for the other heroines (Prishe, Nashmeira, Lilisette, Arciela), whom SE has confirmed will all be Trust alter-egos. Lilisette should be an interesting one too if they added her by quest.. because.. you know.. she's not around anymore.

As a side note, a lot of important characters who are regarded as "dead or gone" in FFXI don't actually aren't. Lion is one of those. Phoenix, not too sure about that one, or whether Selh'teus counts. Then I believe theres Luzaf as well. And Lilisette

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i was actually upset because Lion could have gotten a quest acquisition for the alter-ego that could have expanded on her story.. or made it so that, you know.. people who did missions/apoc nigh would be rewarded with having access to another NPC (provided that it was a part of the requirements).
    Instead, they just used it as login bait.. which to me is pretty sad.

I personally feel that it shouldn't be everyones right to own all the alter-egos and if you managed to earn them, then its another tool in your Trust arsenal.. but none of them are actually game breaking to the extent that you HAVE to use them to begin with. And it isn't a valid argument to say that they're putting it in the login campaign so its more accessible to people... because once the campaign is over, its NOT accessible.. but if it were through some quest acquisition, it would be.

But of course, its just a lot easier to put the item in the game without quest dialogue or cutscenes.. Lion isn't just a normal NPC.. she's the heroine of RotZ, she deserves more than a random piece of paper you find off a moogle. I'd reckon the same should apply for the other heroines (Prishe, Nashmeira, Lilisette, Arciela), whom SE has confirmed will all be Trust alter-egos. Lilisette should be an interesting one too if they added her by quest.. because.. you know.. she's not around anymore.

As a side note, a lot of important characters who are regarded as "dead or gone" in FFXI don't actually aren't. Lion is one of those. Phoenix, not too sure about that one, or whether Selh'teus counts. Then I believe theres Luzaf as well. And Lilisette
    I highly doubt they'll go this way, but they could possibly re-include the login egos in the future as actual quests?

Again, I doubt they'll do that, but it is an option. Which they wont do.

If you've done all the extra quests (or I guess I should say quest, except like 12 times), then Luzaf's probably gone for good (not that that stops Trusts since the Trusts arn't the actual person anyway). I agree I really would've liked to see cutscenes for important people like Zeid and Lion, they were basically the main characters in original/Zilart, so it kinda sucks that they're just given a generic item to turn in. At least Volker got a short cutscene.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I want Prishe as a Trust. Wonder if that will happen...
    They said all the main heroines from each expansion will be Trusts. That means we will have Lion, Prishe, Aphmau, Lillisette, and Arciela.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    They said all the main heroines from each expansion will be Trusts. That means we will have Lion, Prishe, Aphmau, Lillisette, and Arciela.
    there is missing some mayakov trust love somewhere!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

LOL mayakov needs to be able to do this

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How is Aphmoo even going to work? Is she going to summon puppets? That seems unfair.

She's probably going to work they way she does in the heroine battle so she'll add up to be as useful as 1 person since she barely does anything herself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LMFAO that video... oh gosh I gotta finish WotG...

I was wondering about Aphmau as well.. I figured she'd either be a PUP with no puppet or PUP that alternates between Ovjang and Mnejing

I hope in the future they allow villian trusts.. I guess they'd be called... distrusts?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    That means we will have Lion, Prishe, Aphmau, Lillisette, and Arciela.
    Fuck all of them. Just give me Naja.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

pretty sure Naja is next

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Fuck all of them. Just give me Naja.
    They also said they were going to try to focus on getting NPCs out that ranked highly in the popularity contest.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Naja isnt even a unique combatant. She's gonna just be a generic WAR with a club that uses hexa and black halo and thats it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Naja isnt even a unique combatant. She's gonna just be a generic WAR with a club that uses hexa and black halo and thats it.
    And Joachim has raised his Harp in battle how many times before the Trust initiative? Did anyone even know Joachim was a bard?!?!?