1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Set up the dual trigger redirects, never swap a set again. That addition was seriously amazing for playing Dragoon on a controller.
    Seconded that this addition was godlike.

I used to use KB hotbar muscle memory for SCH nuking because I really don't want to be swapping sets in the middle of an intense battle. The dual trigger redirect solves that problem and allows me to simply hold L~R for my nuking set, then just let go if I need instant heals.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

As a person who has used solely Bard ever since I started playing this game in October, I can tell you that button-mashing is not optimal. That doesn't mean that macros are bad though, the key is to use the macros without button-mashing. The reason for this is if you're just spamming the key you are going to constantly be using skills such as bloodletter right before heavyshot/straightshot/etc are ready again which is just wasting damage. If you're button mashing this will happen a LOT and will significantly decrease your overall damage output. For those of you who think this is negligible consider this: every time you are using Bloodletter to disrupt your GCD (and if you are critting like you should be as a bard you are going to be using bloodletter more than anything), you are losing time due to the animation(~1 second) when you simply could have used it AFTER your GCD skill at no time lost. Over the course of a long PVE fight the difference is tremendous. Ideally you want to only macro bloodletter to heavyshot so that you can spam the other keys without fear of disrupting global cooldown flow. You'll have to pay close attention to your bloodletter to activate it only when it won't disrupt other skills but you will see a good increase in damage over button-mashing. Hope this helps

Edit: Also I can confirm that the best way to maximize damage output as a bard in PVP is attacking from MEDIUM range. There seems to be a certain optimal point at around 10-15 yalms (hard to tell EXACTLY, would be amazing if someone could narrow this down) where you will see diminishing returns on your damage if you are closer or farther away. This is by far the most significant factor in PVP damage as you will quite literally double your damage at the correct medium range compared to min/max distance.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hurts me to have to requote Spider-Dan but

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    The actual speed difference between spammed macro and buffered non-macro (presuming you ride GCD perfectly at all times) is small enough that if you think it's significant, you should be gearing for skillspeed.
    If you're really concerned about GCD delay, don't macro every single thing to do BL/ME. Personally I only have those on Heavy Shot and AoEs now. Everything else is manual, and I just spam that Heavy Shot combo button.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

If you think that the significant loss of total attacks that hindering your GCD's causes is comparable to the hundredths of a second that skillspeed gear adjusts, then it's you who should be gearing for skillspeed Believe what you want the math doesn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    If you're really concerned about GCD delay, don't macro every single thing to do BL/ME. Personally I only have those on Heavy Shot and AoEs now.
    yea i just said that..

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Except it has been parsed both ways and the MATH, showed you and everyone else who thinks there is a dramatic difference, are idiots.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

As someone else in this thread already covered, if your results are the same doing it both ways then the people parsing should try harder . Just because someone else can't find an edge in eliminating animations doesn't mean there isn't one. When I compared my DPS from before when I was just spamming to when I wasnt, I was doing 20-30 dps higher and still continue to so I'll stick with what I know for a fact is better. If you think 20-30 DPS average is negligible then so be it but I'll take it every time. I'm done arguing about this topic though, especially with those who result to calling people idiots because they dont agree with you. Stay classy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm calling you an idiot because it has been tested and found to be a minute increase, not a drastic increase like you and others claim. It was stated multiple times that it is possibly a small increase, if you can do it, but in an ideal environment, with 0 dodging or switching targets or anything, it was a tiny increase. It's pretty fucking annoying to have to tell people it's NOT a drastic increase every couple posts because some guy thinks his skillz are far superior to everyone else, when it has clearly been tested.

If your dps changed by 20-30, you just sucked with macros.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Okay, I'll bite one last time troll and then you won't get a response from me no matter how angry you get. It's absolutely HILARIOUS that you directly contradicted yourself in the same paragraph and don't even realize it because youre so delusional. You use the completely ignorant assumption that Im "some guy who thinks his skillz are far superior to everyone else" while in fact you've proven that you are only talking about yourself. I just TOLD you that I do 20-30 DPS more and your only response is "it has been tested." No shit, I tested it. The results are in. You have automatically assumed that because YOU cant do it, it's not possible. Congratulations, by your logic you quite literally called yourself an annoying idiot. Freudian conflict at its best.

When your argument is that "you just suck with macros" you're clearly grasping at straws. Yes, Im bad at tapping 1 button over and over again? LOL. How the wheels turn in your head must be very entertaining. You're so delusional everything I just said went over your head anyway, otherwise you would probably have a moment of deep self reflection and kill yourself. Keep being a condescending troll on internet forums, I'm sure it's working great for you.

p.s. get fucking owned

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You seem more mad then a Mexican in a job fair.

Fixed to please Seravi Eldaborez

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

wat. Really?

Super skilled dude so trolled me omg. Maybe you just don't understand that you don't simply mash buttons with macros and everything you just stated you do, you can do with macros. Don't want to hit BL just before HS is back up. Don't mash the button and wait for HS, then double tap.

Glad you gave advice in the Ifrit Ex thread, when you haven't killed Titan Ex yet though. GJ dude. I'm also curious as to how you tested it when you posted in the ffxivapp thread saying it doesn't work for you but hey, maybe you got a different parser, I guess it's possible. You just tested what btw? I don't see numbers, which were actually posted before in the BRD thread. I'm sure you tested it perfectly though and didn't pull numbers out of your ass to "prove me wrong".

So trolled, omg. I am so madz yo, I wish I could beatz you up irl while I make the lovez to your mommy.

p.p.s. fucking super saiyan owned yo

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This is BG. Calling someone a troll is a compliment. Only insult worth using in this sub-forum is calling someone as low as Ratatapa.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I don't think this guy is going to last here very long.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Fuck me Judai ill give you credit youre good at what you do, I cant resist responding. Too bad your ignorance is wayyy too easy to expose, you really need to make that more difficult if you want to keep me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris Ashe View Post
            That doesn't mean that macros are bad though, the key is to use the macros without button-mashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeris Ashe View Post
      Ideally you want to only macro bloodletter to heavyshot so that you can spam the other keys without fear of disrupting global cooldown flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Maybe you just don't understand that you don't simply mash buttons with macros and everything you just stated you do, you can do with macros. Don't want to hit BL just before HS is back up. Don't mash the button and wait for HS, then double tap.
    Yes clearly I dont understand despite the fact that I explained the EXACT same thing 2 posts ago.What exactly are you even arguing, you just CONFIRMED that you do the exact thing youve been arguing makes no difference . You really can't be THAT stupid Judai... I refuse to believe it.

Glad you gave advice in the Ifrit Ex thread, when you haven't killed Titan Ex yet though. GJ dude. I'm also curious as to how you tested it when you posted in the ffxivapp thread saying it doesn't work for you but hey, maybe you got a different parser, I guess it's possible.
    ...okay I guess you really are that stupid. Just 1 shotted titan 20 mins ago when i finally got a decent group after trying all of 2 days, geez it was so hard. Still waiting for you "geniuses" to tell me how dotting multiple targets doesnt maximize damage. Cant wait for that. And either youre stalking my posts to the max or cant read(im guessing the latter based on previous evidence), since I clearly edited my post and stated I use FFXIV parser on another PC to clear up any confusion only for you to respond 5 hours later "LOL DOESNT EVEN USE PARSER". It's pretty sad when I go out of my way to clarify something that hasnt even been addressed yet just to avoid moronic comments like yours and you STILL couldnt add 2+2. Reading comprehension is crazy awesome you should try it sometime.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So then if you understand macros and understand you can do the same stuff with macros, then you clearly believe that the DRASTIC difference between macro vs non is pre-loading skills, which has been tested, and no Ksandra I'm not digging through the BRD thread to find it, and shown that it is a tiny difference.

I'm not stalking your posts, you just posted like 20 retarded things in like 5m and I happened to read them while selling Titans.

You don't understand Ifrit btw because the point isn't KILL THE NAILS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. It's kill the Nails in an orderly fashion, so you don't get multiple dmg taken+ debuffs on everyone and give your healers a few seconds in between nails so they can top people off. If you simply dot ALL THE NAILS EVER, you aren't really helping your party.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

If you understood English you would know that I never argued that non-macros vs macros is going to give you a significant DPS increase, which I said AGAIN in my last post and you managed to misread, AGAIN. holy shit you seriously cannot read. I said that BUTTONMASHING is not optimal, THATS IT. Youve seriously been arguing with me this entire time when we AGREE. If only you understood English you could have avoided making yourself look so goddamn dumb.

Yes, properly using macros (not button mashing them) vs non-macros is negligible. Yes, you are an idiot for arguing against that, especially when you think the same thing. Yes, you are braindead.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

, and no Ksandra I'm not digging through the BRD thread to find it, and shown that it is a tiny difference.
    Wait, what?

I have been agreeing it makes little difference. Oo;;;

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He probably read the title and assumed you had done that. They're both acting like brats tbh. Highlights include:

"Real BRD"
    "My test says this, but I'm not showing you"
    * Talking about macros when he technically did say button mashing
    * AOL style taunting (Put Aeris here)
    * Strawman arguments about parser access

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Wait, what?

I have been agreeing it makes little difference. Oo;;;
    I was just poking fun at you over the thread title!

I know you were saying it's no big deal.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I was just poking fun at you over the thread title!
    oh lol, ya that was yugl not me!

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The only test I've seen anyone post was I think Spider-Dan testing it using some rapid fire/hold button to spam setting, which most people probably aren't using so I feel would kind of skew the numbers a little anyway. Realistically a human (even mashing) is going to waste even more time between skills than that test would imply, but no way can I see it amounting to 30 DPS, especially taking active fight mechanics in to account. Regardless I don't know why this shit even gets repeatedly brought up, I hate macros personally because I don't like feeling like the game is playing itself for me but they're not even worth bringing up outside of a preference in playstyle.