1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Have bad lag? Try this.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Some say they've had this issue, but FiOS has definitely become a prevalent victim of SE's rerouting since 2.1 fixes. Pick up FiOS since even paying for wtfast will run you less per month anyways.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Additionally, I'm having some reporting issues with WTFast...

Upon connecting, I'll get a brief, but incomplete look at the improvement. This image says I am getting a 33% performance boost from WTFast. The image below shows what reports about 3-5min after connecting to the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps0d637800.jpg

But soon after, I'll lose the ability to see my performance increase, and will never be able to see any of the statistics for "Internet". The first image will last for about 30 seconds, but then it will permanently switch to the below image.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps871a1e48.jpg

WTFast customer service seemed stumped on it, but noted they'd make changes in a future release based on the Diagnose log I sent them.
    It does this from time to time. You can safely ignore it; your WTFast connection itself doesn't suffer while the "Internet" reporting is on the fritz, although the reported improvement percentage may be less. The reporting usually will eventually come back on its own, although I've had it take up to a hour to do so.

I'm not sure the reported increase is anything more than a marketing number anyway. At least for me, the test that matters is "can I dodge Titan's plumes reliably?"

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

hehe, when I see a plume, I am already hit most of the time. I see other people in Titan on my screen still be in the plume when it blows, then move out of the explosion entirely unscathed. Guess I will give this a try, thanks for answers :D

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was fine, had terrible rubber banding issues after 2.1 hit, downloaded WTFast and it was like night and day. Highly recommend if you are having the same "everything stops for 1-3 seconds then moves at hyperspeed with you typically dead" issues.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't have this issue all that often, but it does happen from time to time. Anyone know if there is a solution similiar to this for ps3? At my apartment when I ping the server in montreal I get like 400ping but when I ping from work though I'm only hitting 90ish . I'm in Yuma, Arizona. Waaaaay towards the bottom of the states.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

We use pingzapper and it works wonders. The other program that was reccomended to us had a 20 minute trial, where pingzapper was 1hr so we could test and make sure it worked. Still grumpy I need it but at least I no longer have lag issues :/

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Tried WTFast, had brutal lag spikes for 45 of the 90'ish minutes I tried it, anyone else have this issue? (only reduced my latency by 10 ms, but reported "flux" (which I am unfamiliar with in this context of up to 374?)

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I didn't try wtfast but it sounds like it works like pinzapper in that you can pick which route to use right?

Did you try changing them to see if that helped?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hmm, will tinker with different servers a little!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure there's a more technical definition, but basically "flux" is measuring how big your lag spikes are. A perfectly stable, consistent connection would have a flux of 0 ms. To have a flux of 374 ms is plain awful.

Have you tried selecting a different WTFast server? Sometimes one server or group of servers is having issues and selecting a different city will stabilize things. For example, Chicago had a snowstorm last week and I got better results going through Texas for a while after that.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Again, you can sort by ping for the optimal route. I'll probably edit in a guide to the OP so this is a bit easier.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Game is unplayable for me without WTFast in Los Angeles. Also note that if you are a subscriber the route you take can make a big difference if you are using the double server hop option. At first I did Atlanta server to NYC (because it's close to Montreal right?) and that gave me about 100 ping. Then I tried Texas to either Atlanta or Chicago and that combination gives me about 50 ping. So mess around with the settings to get something that works.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    I don't have this issue all that often, but it does happen from time to time. Anyone know if there is a solution similiar to this for ps3? At my apartment when I ping the server in montreal I get like 400ping but when I ping from work though I'm only hitting 90ish . I'm in Yuma, Arizona. Waaaaay towards the bottom of the states.
    Missed this post. I have read that there is some way to route your ps3 through the computer, but it didn't seem to work for me so idk what kind of voodoo you need to do for that.

However, some have said adding a solid state drive to their ps3 has helped overall too.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aldo View Post
    Game is unplayable for me without WTFast in Los Angeles. Also note that if you are a subscriber the route you take can make a big difference if you are using the double server hop option. At first I did Atlanta server to NYC (because it's close to Montreal right?) and that gave me about 100 ping. Then I tried Texas to either Atlanta or Chicago and that combination gives me about 50 ping. So mess around with the settings to get something that works.
    They actually have a server in Montreal now. If you're doing the server chain thing, make the second server Montreal itself and you'll probably knock another 10 ms off your ping, plus you'll usually avoid that flaky Level3 router.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

12 days left on my WTFast trial. Also the same amount of days I have until I temp-cancel my sub. I'd pay for WTFast, but I just upgraded to Quantum and my connection is pretty fucking rad for everything else.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Missed this post. I have read that there is some way to route your ps3 through the computer, but it didn't seem to work for me so idk what kind of voodoo you need to do for that.

However, some have said adding a solid state drive to their ps3 has helped overall too.
    I'll have to do some googling when I get time later. I did upgrade to a ssd already though. It helped with animations a bit and random stuff in town loads more/faster but I still catch that retarded lag. It usually seems to happen in coil, which is kinda weird cuz my ps3 seems to play very well in there. Everything is super crisp, but I figure with everyone doing their Monday coils is why.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    12 days left on my WTFast trial. Also the same amount of days I have until I temp-cancel my sub. I'd pay for WTFast, but I just upgraded to Quantum and my connection is pretty fucking rad for everything else.
    How long is the initial trial?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

30 days or so.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just a side note, I'm currently on Time Warner, waiting for Fios in my neighborhood. But before I moved I had FIOS and I used to get all sorts of odd behavior problems in other areas.
    For months Youtube gave me buffering hell all over the place. I could vnc/teamviewer to a PC at work and see it smooth there.
    Also I used newsgroups/usenet for many of my downloads still, and I would have many issues with that as I use a few netherlands servers from NYC/US that need to use ipv6. Those would crap out often.
    Since on Timewarner, those have been smooth.
    Fios in general has odd issues but they will never own up to them. i think if you check dslreports message board you'll see all sorts of weird issues.

As for going through your pc, I used to do stuff like this a few years ago.
    Offhand I'm going to say you probably need a 2nd NIC/ethernet card for the pc.
    Modem goes to pc, run the software, then should be able to tie up the 2 NICs to use 1 ip address. Then that 2ndary connection goes out to the router/hub.
    From there you may have more issues like DHCP and what not.
    If you have an all in one modem/hub/router, then youll probably need another one to split that up.
    OR 2nd thought, the 2nd NIC card and that you could maybe use with a crossover cable to the PS3 and again, bridge the connections or something like internet connection sharing.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    http://puu.sh/6lK3d/66ba2958ea.png

I don't know what it classifies as a "ping spike", but after lagging all over coil last night, I loaded this up and didn't lag once for almost 5 hours. Look at that ping deviation.

Get your fucking shit together SE. I don't give a shit that, "OH IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT IT'S THE ISP". That's a gigantic crock of horse shit. Your game is being throttled/experiencing TERRIBLE routing issues from specific providers, it's your fucking responsibility to contact the providers and get this shit worked out. I shouldn't have to subscribe to another service to pay for a game I'm already subscribing to.
    Cross-post from complaint thread. This shit is literally the only way to play FFXIV on FiOS.