1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Have bad lag? Try this.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm a little concerned now, as I'm ditching Comcast for FioS early next week.

Granted, I have 3 months of WTFast paid for, as it made a good impression on me, but that 300+ Ping is horrendous.

Where are you located, and what net service to you have from FiOS (think they offer 15, 50 and 75 mbps)?

I'm in Boston, and pinging the game servers gives me between 55 and 65 ms times... WTFast usually gives me 25-35 ms... sometimes I need to disconnect and reconnect after playing for a while, as the optimal servers seem to switch depending on the time of day.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm in NYC and I use the Boston servers. I have 75/35 from FiOS.

My ping to SE without WTFast is normally like 35, but the problem is the gigantic spikes and ping variance. With WTFast, the ping variance is only like 25, without it it's like 300.

Hi All,

Since I started playing XIV I have little to no connection trouble playing, however these last couple of days I have had terrible time delay on the game, anywhere from people running in the field to DF (especially annoying during EX modes!!)

I play on PS3 and it's definitely not my connection, I have reset it and unplug stuff etc. when I log in FF say my connection is good/excellent which is usual for me, so what the hell is going on?! Anyone else having this issue?!

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ps3 here too, but I don't get it nearly as bad as it sounds like you're getting in. Mine kind of varies, sometimes there's like a 2 second delay on every action I do, sometimes my screen freezes for 5seconds at a time, and then rarely I'll get it where all my actions work fine but when I run to dodge plumes, I'm clearly out of it and still get smashed.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have FIOS and I got so many lag spikes even crafting was a pain in the ass. So I decided to try out the program due to coming across this thread.

http://www.bluegartr.com/I got so ma...in in the ass.http://www.bluegartr.com/I got so ma...in in the ass.

So much better while playing and 91% improvement? Yes, please. I'll probably subscribe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Lol, I think 92% is the highest I've seen so far. Highest I've seen mine go is up to 80%ish on prime time Monday.

There hasn't been a single FiOS user that I've talked to that hasn't had problems with FFXIV.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've had the same rubberbanding issue pretty much since release on Time Warner (Rochester, NY). I recently decided to start VPNing into my work connection before playing and it's made a world of difference. Getting paid for a lag-free connection? I'll take that.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FiOS user on the east coast here. WTFast is fixing all my problems too. 80%~ improvement during primetime.

Kinda annoying that SE can't get their head out of their ass and fix this problem though since this is gonna result in me having to subscribe to a third party to be able to play their damn game.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I guess the shit that pisses me off the most is that they haven't even acknowledged it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    FiOS user on the east coast here. WTFast is fixing all my problems too. 80%~ improvement during primetime.

Kinda annoying that SE can't get their head out of their ass and fix this problem though since this is gonna result in me having to subscribe to a third party to be able to play their damn game.
    The fact that using a VPN service fixes the issue means it is NOT SE's problem. The problem is your (our) ISPs. If I can VPN into my employer's network, which is not even 3 miles from my home, and experience lag-free gameplay, it's pretty clear that Time Warner (and other ISPs) and the route they take is the problem.

Massive problems with the UK people now on Sky and BT broadband - freezeups and then teleport catch ups of the like last seen in dragon's aery circa whenever everyone still camped fafnir. Only happened in the last 3 days or so but is unplayable through.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    The fact that using a VPN service fixes the issue means it is NOT SE's problem. The problem is your (our) ISPs. If I can VPN into my employer's network, which is not even 3 miles from my home, and experience lag-free gameplay, it's pretty clear that Time Warner (and other ISPs) and the route they take is the problem.
    While you might be right in saying that "technically" it's our ISP's fault, the fact that it's only fucking up FFXIV means that it's going to take some action on SE's part to fix this.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

^ This.

And people have contacted Verizon and they basically can't do anything because it's L3's communication towers or something. The only fix for this would be for SE to jump in and contact said parties themselves and tell them that it's fucking up their game and to fix it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

gtfo with this OF response. So sick of hearing it.

1. The isp issue wouldn't have happened if they hadn't piled all the servers in one fucking spot.

2. Other mmos compensate for lag, SE did not.

3. SE has a lot more say in getting it fixed than we do.

On a note guys that are using wtfast, I still say test out battleping and pingzapper's trials as well. wtfast is the most expensive of the three. The premium is like $10 a month, whereas pingzapper is $10 for three months.

Save your money if they all do the same thing.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I plan to cycle through the trial of as many as I can before I have to pay. So will see what ends up being best.

Ideally this won't be an issue that long but it's SE so never know..

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria View Post
    Massive problems with the UK people now on Sky and BT broadband - freezeups and then teleport catch ups of the like last seen in dragon's aery circa whenever everyone still camped fafnir. Only happened in the last 3 days or so but is unplayable through.
    It's interesting you say that. I'm on Sky and I started getting random stops/spikes earlier this week. I rarely saw them before 2.1 but I was on holiday over Christmas so not sure if it really did only begin to be a problem this week.

WTFast has fixed it completely however. That along with Leatrix latency fix and higher FPS has taken Titan fight from miserable (dying to plumes I'm out of, impossible to dodge unless I run before I see it) to playable to the point I don't even need to think about his rotation; if I see a plume I run out of it and don't get hit. My ping is around 110-115 btw.

These things really are the only way to make this game enjoyable. Of course the challenge then becomes finding 7 other people with a stable connection to get through Titan type fights with.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    On a note guys that are using wtfast, I still say test out battleping and pingzapper's trials as well. wtfast is the most expensive of the three. The premium is like $10 a month, whereas pingzapper is $10 for three months.

Save your money if they all do the same thing.
    FiOS user in North NJ here.
    I went with BattlePing because it was the cheapest (~$5/30 days). Have not had one issue and have seen marked improvement in lag. Not one issue in the (many fail) Titans I've done since. I actually watched everyone around me start to d/c in Odin yesterday while I continued to dps/heal without any interruption. :3

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I keep saying this but inb4 Battleping and WTFast and all them are owned by SE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Bullshit. I play this game without a hitch at work (Optimum) and it's a complete shitfest without a VPN at home (FiOS).

Anyone else's ping actually get worse with wtfast? went from 90ish to 150+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast