1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 20 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Have bad lag? Try this.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Anyone else's ping actually get worse with wtfast? went from 90ish to 150+
    did you mess with the server routes? it'll offer you multiple so you should check which is the lowest

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    did you mess with the server routes? it'll offer you multiple so you should check which is the lowest
    I tried a few different ones. None of them were near my ping without the program though

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    I tried a few different ones. None of them were near my ping without the program though
    did you try battleping or pingzapper?

[edit] wrong name

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just as a marginally-relevant data point, I've got FiOS and it works well, but it's a section that was sold to Frontier in the last few years, and I'm on the West Coast, and some combination of those two differences means I'm not being routed through the Level3 bit that seems to be the main issue. Assuming it's basically congestion in the L3 section or on the Verizon<->L3 link in the Northeast, Verizon really has the most leverage to make things un-suck, but in getting leverage on Verizon, Square may have better odds than the customer, heh. The joys of big-boy routing issues...

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll try the other two listed as WTFast is giving my system issues on startup. Endless black screens and loading screens before user password ever comes up. Safe mode -> uninstalling works but that's going to get annoying.

What is an ip address of their servers so we can see what our route is?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Try 190.93.243.228, that's their montreal server. But I get incredibly low ping (3ms from Hong Kong) so I'm not sure you can get reliable information (a tracert shows the last hop before this server at a hk isp...)

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by RKI View Post
    Try 190.93.243.228, that's their montreal server. But I get incredibly low ping (3ms from Hong Kong) so I'm not sure you can get reliable information (a tracert shows the last hop before this server at a hk isp...)
    I don't think that's right...

http://puu.sh/6p9Pl/f734c08247.png

Left is the IP you gave, right is the IP I'm currently connected to at SE.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://puu.sh/6p9Ud/9edcf5a8d5.png

hahaha I left this running for like 2 minutes and look at the stark difference between my MTR to SE and to whatever that other address is.

Even my first hop, which is the same for both routes, reacts differently pinging SE's servers. What the helllllllllllllllllllllll?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not a network expert. This is the line from WTFast log I used:
    [18:28:02] ffxiv.exe (6084) - 199.91.189.74:54994 open through hk3.wtfast.com>mtl1.wtfast.com proxy chain

Left IP is a SE server (maybe lobby) but w/e. Right, you have their two server's names (I use what they call a chain route using their server in hk then their server in montreal but have same perf if I connect directly to mtl1.wtfast.com).
    Then if I ping mtl1.wtfast.com, the IP i gave you was responding to the ping (it's also one of the two IP i get from a ns lookup)

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Oh I see now. I thought you meant that was the SE IP. That's actually the WTFast IP.

Yes, the first IP is the (one of the) lobby servers.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh, yes, I interpreted lilbubbles question as what was a wtfast server ip address.
    still what I gave you can't really be their montreal server despite being the one for mtl1.wtfast.com considering the impossibly low ping i get to this and the short/simple route.
    looking at Resource Monitor, I saw that WTFast maintained connection to this address but also to another one which also looks to be in asia. Ping and route are less good so I suspect this is their actual hk server. I'll retry with a direct connection to their montreal server, maybe that'll give the true address for their server over there.

It's a pain in the neck they can't just show the actual route they take

Edit: looks like their Montreal server is 205.204.85.30

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm experiencing the same issue UK and Italy users are having; constant R0 during prime time which results in time-lag where nothing is happening for 1-15s and everything suddenly speeds up again. Issue is fairly recent, last two weeks, and has gone unnoticed @ SE, it seems. I've used WTFast and the results are the same. Mind you, I'm in Toronto so the route I'm taking, I would hope, is fairly short. Here's hoping this shit actually gets fixed on Monday >_>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i did use Both Wtfast and BattlePing, both to be honest help me greatly and with them i had zero lag issues at all, however i notice the Wtfast had more stable servers than BP but... BP give me way better ping than wtfast.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bottom line is, you'll need to experiment with different servers and perhaps different VPN services until you find what works for you. Even afterwards, be prepared to tinker. For example, I find that WTFast's Chicago servers yield the numerically lowest ping for me, but going through Texas (which is completely counterintuitive given that I'm in St Louis trying to get to Montreal) is the most stable and gives the least rubberbanding and spikes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Isn't there a way to blacklist (for lack of the appropriate term) a route? For instance, shouldn't it be possible for me to tell my network connection to not use that montreal.level3 one that is giving us issues? Swear I read that somewhere once.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Well, my trial for WTFast is coming to an end within a week and the problem still isn't fixed. Looks like I'll be subbing to them until this issue with FiOS is fixed =\

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Well, my trial for WTFast is coming to an end within a week and the problem still isn't fixed. Looks like I'll be subbing to them until this issue with FiOS is fixed =\
    You can always try trials of other services. I know BattlePing is one. Theres a few others.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't the BP trial DC you every 20 minutes? That isn't very useful for a lot of things.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Didn't the BP trial DC you every 20 minutes? That isn't very useful for a lot of things.
    30 minutes, yeah. That's why I was also wary of trying it out thinking 'what if I don't get a pt during that time or I get dc'd mid fight'. But I still ran it and noticed the effect immediately, even while gathering so that was enough for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast