1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Have bad lag? Try this.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I live in Boston, and use Boston (Choose Best). Even though the game is in Montreal, there are 4 or 5 Boston servers, but only one Montreal server.

I've seen the Montreal server be fairly unstable from time to time, so I typically feel like Boston (Choose Best) is a safer bet.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So where I moving out to is about to have FiOS Oh well. Looks like I'll be getting WTFast. I play on PC, but my buddy plays on PS3. He's about to start playing also. Is there anyway to use it via PS3?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Does anyone know how I can test the exact route that WTFast is using to get to SE servers? I'm just more interested in how exactly this is working for me.

I attempted to open an MTR with WTFast but it didn't work.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    So where I moving out to is about to have FiOS Oh well. Looks like I'll be getting WTFast. I play on PC, but my buddy plays on PS3. He's about to start playing also. Is there anyway to use it via PS3?
    FiOS itself is not necessarily the problem. I have FiOS and do not have this issue.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    FiOS itself is not necessarily the problem. I have FiOS and do not have this issue.
    It may be location as well.

I have it in NYC and have started noticing it. Before it seemed to be fine, but doing Dhorme Chimera and not being able to make it outside the Ram Keeper AOE range even with Sprint already on is certainly a problem. Going to try this out tonight maybe and see what happens. I had always noticed a little bit of latency, but never as bad as this weekend.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    somewhere in this thread it was mentoned that to be able to this for the PS3 you would need to buy a nic card and run it through that again or somethin. I'm at work or I'd go look for the post

EDIT: found it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
    Just a side note, I'm currently on Time Warner, waiting for Fios in my neighborhood. But before I moved I had FIOS and I used to get all sorts of odd behavior problems in other areas.
    For months Youtube gave me buffering hell all over the place. I could vnc/teamviewer to a PC at work and see it smooth there.
    Also I used newsgroups/usenet for many of my downloads still, and I would have many issues with that as I use a few netherlands servers from NYC/US that need to use ipv6. Those would crap out often.
    Since on Timewarner, those have been smooth.
    Fios in general has odd issues but they will never own up to them. i think if you check dslreports message board you'll see all sorts of weird issues.

As for going through your pc, I used to do stuff like this a few years ago.
    Offhand I'm going to say you probably need a 2nd NIC/ethernet card for the pc.
    Modem goes to pc, run the software, then should be able to tie up the 2 NICs to use 1 ip address. Then that 2ndary connection goes out to the router/hub.
    From there you may have more issues like DHCP and what not.
    If you have an all in one modem/hub/router, then youll probably need another one to split that up.
    OR 2nd thought, the 2nd NIC card and that you could maybe use with a crossover cable to the PS3 and again, bridge the connections or something like internet connection sharing.

I can't get it to work for me...the "play" button is unclickable in the trial version for some reason.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticlogic View Post
    I can't get it to work for me...the "play" button is unclickable in the trial version for some reason.
    You have to chose a game and a server before the play button lights up. Start typing FFXIV in the game bar and FFXIV + ARR should auto-populate.

I've done that and it still doesn't work Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

strange, anyway did you try www.battleping.com? it works great too but the trial ver D/c every 20min

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

wrong thread!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you previously had the server set to Montreal, you'll need to re-select it. WTFast recently added a second server there, so you now have Montreal 1 and Montreal 2. (Why it didn't just default to one of them, I have no idea.)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

My free wtfast expired but I found that wtfast basic is actually $5 (Varies by subscription plan) instead of $10 as some have stated. The $10 version is for additional features. Just a notice for members who will soon face this issue as well.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pit Badger
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

My free trial will also be up soon so I guess that gives a good opportunity to ask this, I'm assuming the $5 is the same as the free trial where you get to pick one server to go through and the $10 one is where you get to pick two? Has anyone here got the $10 one and can give some insight into how much better it is?

If that insight is specifically from Australia to the NA data centre, then even better! Thanks.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi guys, I'm trying to setup WTFast for FFXIV as the lag in Titan EX is just unbearable. I'm not very good with routing and all so I'm wondering if any of you guys in Australia can share your WTFast settings with me.
    I'm located in Brisbane. Thanks!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been using the Montreal WTFast server for that, although it seems since they added a second server my average ping decreased by 15-20, making it basically the same as the Australian servers...

Did use the California servers for a while, you'd sometimes get an AMAZING ping boost (it was saying 180, down from 300 which is an absurd decrease) however it was basically always accompanied by awful lagspikes which became a real liability so I had to stop using it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My ping went down when I started using the "chained servers" option. I chose one near my house, and one near the FFXIV servers (montreal), and have almost zero problems.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Apparently some people on reddit are claiming they stopped lagging. I've gotten so accustomed to using WTFast to login that I can't check (also at work).

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My WTFast runs out today but I'm going on a trip for a week so maybe I will try without when I get back before I think about subscribing to anything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So WTFast won't open anymore. Click on the .exe and nothing happens. Restarted, reinstalled, nada. Anyone have this happen yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast