1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Have bad lag? Try this.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Works here. Run as admin? Subscription run out?

Mine conflicts with eset somehow and the next time I restart my computer I can't even get a login screen until I uninstall wtfast from safe mode.

It doesn't matter, i don't lag and it by its own metrics it improves my connection 4% lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did anyone notice the montreal servers are missing? I used to use chained servers and can't anymore.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pit Badger
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

They're just grouped into "Eastern Canada" now or something like that I think.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

battleping down?!o.o

Is anyone else unable to login using their proxy systems? Using WTFast I can no longer click on START, it gives me a 2002 lobby error. This started yesterday afternoon, when I got 90k'd out of the game. I haven't been able to login using a proxy since, but logging in without one works just fine.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I've been using pingzapper just fine. Try reinstalling wtfast?

Eh, it picked back up this afternoon without issue. No idea what the problem was, everything looked fine through the network.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've been running WTFast for about 3months now. Today i have tried to log in with it but an error happens that i've never encountered before.
    "Unable to launch the application. Launch using the ffxivboot.exe file."
    This happens after i select the game/area to connect from and hit play. Any ideas?
    The game does work with out it but its just unbearable with Time Warner in SoCal.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Try the instructions located at the OP. You may have accidentally changed the path somehow?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by lexi-con View Post
    I've been running WTFast for about 3months now. Today i have tried to log in with it but an error happens that i've never encountered before.
    This happens after i select the game/area to connect from and hit play. Any ideas?
    The game does work with out it but its just unbearable with Time Warner in SoCal.
    Did you make a custom entry? Sounds like the path isn't pointing to the right spot.

Apart from that, it'll still work even it doesn't launch the game for you. Just start WTFast first then fire up XIV, it'll detect your game connection.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thats the only thing i can think of... (files being moved around somehow)
    I didn't know WTFast worked if you loaded the game seperate from wtfast so thanks a million.

Edit: I also went about re installing xiv because it was driving me insane, still getting error from the default.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by lexi-con View Post
    I had this start to happen to me yesterday too, I was selecting the game listed games section, but I had to create a custom game to get it to work now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

After adjusting my tinfoil, I wonder if SE tweaked something with 2.2 to make these kinds of programs not work anymore? I stopped using WTFast with the update, but it's interesting timing. Knowing SE, it was an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikpik View Post
    I had this start to happen to me yesterday too, I was selecting the game listed games section, but I had to create a custom game to get it to work now.
    Same thing happens to me with WTFast last night. When I try to connect with a custom game profile, I noticed WTFast would log me off due to inactivity. Not sure what the deal is.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I used WTFast for a while after 2.1 but never had to use it after they adjusted whatever-the-heck they adjusted. Get no lag at all now, other than the very rare 90k once in a long while.

Are FiOS people in major cities still having an issue? Coulda sworn this was put to bed for the most part.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

After using WTFast for months without it knowing how to launch the game via the auto-config entry, it's suddenly decided it's able to launch it. Happened right after 2.16 so I'm assuming it was something SE changed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Not able to get it to connect at all. Fresh install of WTFast. Window says "Possible Connection Issue" Using both custom game option and built in default has same message when clicking Play to launch the game launcher.. any ideas?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by nonseq View Post
    Not able to get it to connect at all. Fresh install of WTFast. Window says "Possible Connection Issue" Using both custom game option and built in default has same message when clicking Play to launch the game launcher.. any ideas?
    I always get that. Just start the game manually after clicking [Play] in WTFAST.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It launches the game launcher with no problems, but even after logging in and playing, it doesn't show any connection info. I even had it say it was idle after an hour with no use. I know with using ping zapper it shows the ffxiv.exe on a loopback device on resource monitor. I haven't checked what wtfast does but it doesn't seem to be intercepting the game stream. Even closing the auto launched and starting it manually does the same thing.. I'm stumped since I know ping zapper works..