Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

DAT BODY. Good episode too.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

show is a mixed bag for me. some of the writing is silly and it drags at times but it is engrossing at others

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

good episode but i watched it immediately after the game so i wasnt paying attention a lot to the first half. Will prob rewatch again this week.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

"Relax. I got nothin' against hill-billies."

Every time I watch this show I'm reminded of how unreasonably attractive Matthew McConaughey is.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Also, here's the preview for episode 3:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

"What good is cake if you can't eat it?"

I hope this doesn't turn into a Boardwalk where every preview looks amazing as fuck and then the show drags ass each week. So far I've enjoyed it though.

I agree that it does drag a little bit, but it's a very good show.

That theme song fits perfectly too

Pretty cool show, watched the first episode the other day. Hadn't heard about it till I just caught it on HBO and was eating dinner. I enjoyed it, I like these anthology type series like American Horror Story, I feel like the writers have more room to tell things since they don't have to worry about making a single story progress through multiple seasons. They know their time frame.

This was Andy Greenwald's somewhat negative review, but he points out plenty of positives. I'm still gonna check it out.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...true-detective
    Stopped reading after the 1st paragraph, sounded like sexist mongering. Fucking show takes place in the south, and in the 90s...also I didn't notice anything sexist at all in the first episode.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Pretty cool show, watched the first episode the other day. Hadn't heard about it till I just caught it on HBO and was eating dinner. I enjoyed it, I like these anthology type series like American Horror Story, I feel like the writers have more room to tell things since they don't have to worry about making a single story progress through multiple seasons. They know their time frame.

Stopped reading after the 1st paragraph, sounded like sexist mongering. Fucking show takes place in the south, and in the 90s...also I didn't notice anything sexist at all in the first episode.
    Reading one paragraph of something and making a sweeping judgement is usually a good way to read things.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

thought the first episode was kinda boring/slow. but really liking it after the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Reading one paragraph of something and making a sweeping judgement is usually a good way to read things.

When the introductory paragraph is like that, yeah it's a good judgement call.

also tried to watch 2nd episode on demand, but either comcast or HBO on demand is being shitty as fuck. Glitching out every 30 seconds or so.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    When the introductory paragraph is like that, yeah it's a good judgement call.
    no reason to read differing opinions from your own, amirite?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watched the first two episodes tonight, and I'm hooked for the rest of the season. Really enjoyed it. The title does suck, but the star power of McConaughey and Harrelson (and the tits of Alexandra Daddario) drew me in. It's like The Killing without the suck, the rain, and the lack of closure.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gah 2 week wait. Next episode is gonna be crazy.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

This two week wait is gonna be brutal. Episode 4 looks like it's gonna be bananas.

I still have no idea what put that canyon between Hart and Cohle, but I find it pretty interesting that all they ask Rust about is the case; all they ask Marty about is Rust. And the first time (I think?) Rust is seen driving the car is the first time Marty questions himself and his actions. This show is great.

"Who walks that fuckin' slow?"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also love the way the story is told from 2 different timelines. You would think that would just give spoilers but it's written so well that it doesn't. So far they're just sniffin' around the border of this case but when they get into it I expect to see some shit.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian
    I find it pretty interesting that all they ask Rust about is the case; all they ask Marty about is Rust.
    That's a good point, I noticed that early on, but had kind of forgotten about that since then. My take on it was that Rust was a suspect and they are hoping he talks himself into a confession, and Marty's interview was them trying to figure out if he did it or not. I am curious which of the two modern interviews takes place first, that would tell me a lot about the intention, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    I also love the way the story is told from 2 different timelines. You would think that would just give spoilers but it's written so well that it doesn't. So far they're just sniffin' around the border of this case but when they get into it I expect to see some shit.
    Yeah, they've been doing a great job of intertwining the two timelines. It sounds like they might be coming up to the conclusion of the 1995 storyline in the next episode, which would lean towards the second half of the 8-episode season being the more current version.

And that last shot of the episode was just like WTF. Is that comical or terrifying or a mixture of both?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Cohle's interview happens a week before Hart's. (Cohle's starts on April 26, Hart's starts on May 1.)

Pretty sure the guy at the end is cooking meth. No clothes to avoid the stink, gas mask to avoid inhaling the fumes.

I just love the show. It does a good job of making you pay attention. Did anyone else notice...
    Spoiler: show
    Woody isnt wearing a wedding ring in the future interviews

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This show is similar to the killing of season 1 and 3. Just good detective shows. Last character seems nuts. Def meth cook.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag