Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective     submit to reddit submit to twitter

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I wonder why one of marty's kids is on medication?
    Because she went goth and got double-teamed by Beavis and Butt-head in the back of a car. I'd probably self-medicate too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    This episode confirms that Hart's daughter was abused at the hands of the cult. I'm not saying she is the girl in the video...
    She definitely wasn't the girl in the video. Rust said that little girl was Marie Fontenot, who was the first disappearance that they investigated after finding the original body. They found a twig latticework in the playhouse behind her uncle's house.

That being said, the daughter(s) seem to have some connection to the story beyond "troubled family life."

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    So did Rust.

Yeah, he has some scars, but I'm guessing he's got some sort of mask that makes him look scarier and/or more spaghetti-faced when he's doin' his thang.

Speculation:

Spoiler: show
    I still think one or both of them are involved somehow. Rust says he was in Alaska for eight years but we never see him there. Marty's not going to be content with TV dinners and Match dot com. My wife thinks Marty is up to some shit but I pointed out that he wouldn't help Rust dig up possible connections to Tuttle/State police and he certainly wouldn't interrogate a sheriff at gunpoint. So excite for the last episode. I don't want to guess too much or read theories though, I want the last ep to just unfold and then I'll go back and watch them all again I think.
    yea they said most of the ppl involved wore mask right? And can anyone confirm if there were alot of clues dropped in the 1st ep? nevertheless Ill probably watch the 1st ep before the season finale just to get a fix.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Not a lot of clues but it is fishy as shit that it took so long to revisit the sheriff childress thing when they found the Fontenot devil catcher in episode 1.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Not a lot of clues but it is fishy as shit that it took so long to revisit the sheriff childress thing when they found the Fontenot devil catcher in episode 1.
    Also, the guy who Rust was interrogating over a robbery and then told Rust about meeting the Yellow King in 2002, who then committed suicide? Apparently one of the prison guards was named Childress too. Didn't remember that but it was on Slate or something. Have to go back and watch it later.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

The Tuttle-Childress's are just 2 evil

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Incest incoming.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When marty's wife comes into the bar and is talking to Rust, he says something like "it didnt sit well with me then and it doesnt sit well with me now you having me lie to you about him" what was he talking about?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    When marty's wife comes into the bar and is talking to Rust, he says something like "it didnt sit well with me then and it doesnt sit well with me now you having me lie to you about him" what was he talking about?

She lied pretty much 100% to the two black detectives who were interviewing her to try to get info about Marty and Rust.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

She lied pretty much 100% to the two black detectives who were interviewing her to try to get info about Marty and Rust.

True, but the way he worded it made me think he was refering to something else, like her putting him in a position about martys side chicks where he had to lie to her or rat on his partner, and now coming into the bar asking questions that if he told the truth wouldnt be what she wanted to hear. Or maybe something that happened we dont know about yet.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    True, but the way he worded it made me think he was refering to something else, like her putting him in a position about martys side chicks where he had to lie to her or rat on his partner, and now coming into the bar asking questions that if he told the truth wouldnt be what she wanted to hear. Or maybe something that happened we dont know about yet.
    Yeah I get the impression he meant when she was asking about where Marty was late at night back in the old days.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

thats how i see it too. She wanted him to lie that marty wasnt crushing the younger broads and now she wants him to lie that marty gonna be okay when they start kicking in teeth in carcosa

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also got the impression she wanted to ride that Rusty d again for 30 seconds flat, but that's neither here nor there.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

to be fair, who doesnt want 30 seconds on the rusty rod?

GATTACA!

BG Level

In episode 1, Sheriff Tate pulls the Marie Fontenot case file, which is recorded as "report filed in error," and tells the detectives that Ted Childress was the sheriff at the time of that case.

When the woman in episode 7 talks about papa Tuttle's bastards, does she give a first name or just say Childress?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Never has anyone been so hot for the rusty trombone?

I agree, I'm pretty sure Rust was referring to the times she called him wanting to know where Marty was. The answer she wanted wasn't the answer Rust wanted to give her. She wasn't looking for honesty, she was looking for reassurance.

Edit: I think she just says Childress, but I haven't rewatched the episode yet.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    In episode 1, Sheriff Tate pulls the Marie Fontenot case file, which is recorded as "report filed in error," and tells the detectives that Ted Childress was the sheriff at the time of that case.

When the woman in episode 7 talks about papa Tuttle's bastards, does she give a first name or just say Childress?
    She says he's a childress. Leads me to believe a Tuttle woman married a Childress man. I am guessing Scarface is grandson of the Senator and son of Ted?

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what the black woman said it sounded like the senator's uncle or daddy Tuttle (Sam I think) was plying his seed anywhere. Scarface might be a bastard's offspring. Scarface Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Childress was also the last name of one of the cops that talked to the drug store robbery guy before he committed suicide.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    She says he's a childress. Leads me to believe a Tuttle woman married a Childress man. I am guessing Scarface is grandson of the Senator and son of Ted?
    So pappy Tuttle is Reverend Tuttle's father(right?). Governor Edwin Tuttle is Rev. Tuttle's first cousin. Unknown Childress is one of Gov. Tuttle's bastards.

Yeah I'm thinking Ted Childress is the bastard she was talking about and Scarcheek is his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    From what the black woman said it sounded like the senator's uncle or daddy Tuttle (Sam I think) was plying his seed anywhere. Scarface might be a bastard's offspring. Scarface Snow.
    Clearly pappy Tuttle slept around, a lot. She also said after he fucked you once he didn't care about you anymore. It sounds like most of the cult network is under pappy Tuttle's family tree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag