FFXI Server
    Odin

Farel looks haggard. Can't wait!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Description of the season from ew.com:

A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California. Colin Farrell is Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective in the all-industrial City of Vinci, LA County. Vince Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his life’s work, while his wife and closest ally (Kelly Reilly), struggles with his choices and her own. Rachel McAdams is Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective often at odds with the system she serves, while Taylor Kitsch plays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers a crime scene which triggers an investigation involving three law enforcement groups, multiple criminal collusions, and billions of dollars.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

bruh i am so siked for this season even tho Carey Fookaneega won't be back and Nic Pizzalotto was a plagiarist.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I love Vaughn and Farrel, but I don't know. Part of the reason I enjoyed the first season so much was because of the setting with Woody and Matthew hamming it up on the bayou with inbred hick motherfuckers and Satanic stuff. It made for a super creepy atmosphere at all times. I'll still watch it though.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Better not be a law and order esque show.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

honestly i'm not expecting much. they specifically said it wouldn't be as dark as the first season, which i think was made it so incredible the first time around.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

YOU GUYS STOP

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Reminder that season 2 premiers tonight at 9 EST.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Could care less about most of the characters so far, but Colin Ferrells parenting skills are worth a watch.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Man this looks awful. All these characters already have shit lives, where can they possibly go?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Meh, I felt the same way about season 1 after the first few eps even though everyone was losing their shit

I hope it'll turn me around like that did eventually

true detective without fukanaga/rust/marty/louisiana is not good times although superhyperultramega asshole colin farrel is pretty entertaining

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm. Wasn't particularly enthused about the first episode, although at least the "character introducing" episode is done, and they can start with the actual story next week. The whole "introducing themselves" part at the end was kind of forced, but I understand what they were trying to do. Of course, the real purpose was to actual remind us what these characters' names were.

How is the CHIPS guy going to be on this case, given that he's suspended and all? Yes, he's the original discoverer of the body, but why's he going to continue to be involved?

I do like me some David Morse (the Panticapaeum guru/Rachel McAdams' Dad), so that was a pleasant surprise.

Bad sign: Prior to the last scene, I didn't remember a single character's name after the first episode, other than Rachel McAdams' sister. I spent most of the time trying to figure out which of the three cops was the most screwed up. And although I think Colin Farrell won the first episode, I'm not sure he's going to stay at the top of the "Worst Life Power Rankings."

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I expect a quality drop, which a lot of the media has seemed to confirm after seeing the first 4 episodes. of course everything could change. not surprising though since he plagiarized the first season and lost his amazing director and talent. Hopefully Farrel just keeps beating people up every episode. i'm cool with that.

not gonna lie when he put those brass knucks on i thought he was gonna beat the kid

and i was all in

The Anti Miz

BG Level

haha so was i. Still loved the way he beat the shit out of his father. that scene was great. my wife was appalled but these fucking baby boomers/gen x'ers don't know how to raise a child.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Lovely gender politics too, can't wait to tune in next week to find out whether the only female character with agency will find someone who can properly wreck her anus!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag