An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Engage in Heated Battles with New High-Tier Mission Battlefields!

Return to Delkfutt’s Tower
    The Celestial Nexus

Rewards
    Players are able to reap two types of spoils in these trials—spoils from besting their foe, and spoils from surviving the battlefield. Below are examples of the former.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/at...9&d=1389690712
    A predetermined amount of special rewards will be given to all those who participate in a successful incursion, including materials for reforging artifact armor to item level 119 and for enhancing relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons.
    Two new BCs.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol recycled Haub dat. I'm starting to sense a fucking theme here.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That might be a good TP and WS piece... looking at the stats I'd think it might be better as a WS piece

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Yeah, I don't see an end to this. SE have realized they got away with reforging AF1, so now they will beat the shit out of that horse for as long as they can. We are going to see every single item pre-TOA used before we see any original armor.

I cannot wait for that full leather/lizard set, BiS gear. Cause everyone knows that's how you keep a 11 year old game fresh and interesting.

Campaign
    BG Level

I don't see the surprise in this.
    SE have been doing this from day 1.
    I don't see anything wrong honestly.

It would be a problem if they kept doing it over and over and over based on a very small number of total models. But since this number is quite large and since they also add new models*** from time to time, I don't see the issue.
    When is the last time you've seen a Haubergeon around? It's been so long ago that such a model will feel pretty "new" and "fresh" for the majority of us.

Most of the times, like 99,9999999%, it's not even new 3D models but just same models with different textures... but yeah, you got what I meant.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They also announced that this was their plan a few months ago.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I welcome it because this is as good as it's gonna get while the game is still held back with beyond ancient tech. Hope to see Eisen and Shade/Noct gear too.
    I also hope they allow reforging of Relic and Empy armor because there's some pieces that would be great at ilvl 109/119.

Yeah this just seems like a really dumb thing to complain about now of all times. Aside from the fact that they already said this was the plan, as someone else already mentioned, they've been doing this since the game freaking began. I can understand wanting more new models but recolors and recycles have never been a new thing to XI.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Yeah I don't have issues with it really, I just ranted a little bit. I do wish they added original artifact armor though, just cause I feel like it's almost a tradition.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wonder what the difference between surviving and besting is here? They seem like the same thing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    I also hope they allow reforging of Relic and Empy armor because there's some pieces that would be great at ilvl 109/119.
    They already said multiple times that's the next step.
    (unless they change their mind, which is unlikely to say the least?)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I wonder what the difference between surviving and besting is here? They seem like the same thing.
    My thoughts as well. Maybe we'll see new battles and enemies, rather than just a buffed version of Kam.

Surprised to see most of the ilvl vomit is missing (eva, meva, MDB, etc). Wonder if they'll keep adding pieces that are worked specifically towards offense/defense rather than the one size fits all system we've seen out of ilvl thus far.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Sounds to me like Kam is at 2% when time expires you get drop(s) from column A. If Kam dies you get drops from Column A and Column B.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    They already said multiple times that's the next step.
    (unless they change their mind, which is unlikely to say the least?)
    Did they? I've seen it hinted or mentioned at not really outright said. I must've missed it. Kinda want it now though lol.

As for new models:
    I'm sure that's coming in SoA endgame.. I get the feeling we're gonna see new models for shared gear, ultimate weapons, and possibly new JSE

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel View Post
    Sounds to me like Kam is at 2% when time expires you get drop(s) from column A. If Kam dies you get drops from Column A and Column B.
    Yeah. or perhaps it is just another way of saying everyone gets an item at the end (ala Rem chapter's from SKC20 and AAs) and then the individual loot pool.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Surprised to see most of the ilvl vomit is missing (eva, meva, MDB, etc)
    Can't say I'm a big fan of the stats-vomit era, but if the stats on that and other items are confirmed, I can see a potentially dangerous incoherence with their approach.

Stats vomit aren't there to fulfill the role they would have fulfilled in the pre-SoA era (and our minds are probably still set that way, after 11 years...).
    Those stats' role is to make your character higher level.
    In the past you would have gained stats naturally by levelling, and being granted more resistances/attack (as a general word, not just the specific "attack" value) thanks to level correction.
    ilevel stats vomit has that goal in mind since they "can't" increase the level past 99.

Getting ilevel gear with good stats but no vomit or partial vomit is... dangerous within this game paradigm, because it would be like a "half level up". Or like levelling up in STR but losing points in MND going from 99 to 100 (just a silly example).
    Giving up this whole idea of the "level through gear" could be a big problem this late into the implementation of such a core concept.

Don't want to whine, but there are some legit concern in here.

As for the interpretation of their description... ungh english is not my Mother Language but I just thought they meant that you're gonna get what already happens with SKBC and AA part 2? i.e. personal loot & treasure pool loot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah. or perhaps it is just another way of saying everyone gets an item at the end (ala Rem chapter's from SKC20 and AAs) and then the individual loot pool.
    Or maybe you only get something from the surviving category if no one dies during the fight!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Giving up this whole idea of the "level through gear" could be a big problem this late into the implementation of such a core concept.
    Agree fully, actually it's why I pointed it out. As it stands, the amount of defensive stats we gain on (previous) ilvl gear really took a lot of jobs a step into a good direction, I felt. Spells weren't suddenly some massive doomsday attack that if you didn't switch into a -MDT set, you were boned (bar VD), non-evasive jobs actually have some degree of survivability on trash, etc. I'm not against the removal of it on some gear (Haub did have that -eva, maybe this is their way of saying this is an offense oriented piece) but if most/all gear going forward lacked it, it'd create a problem with developing ilvl content.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We'll be seeing scorpion harness and errant body soon, assuming they arent already the light dd/mage versions of the armor dropping from the Kam'lanaut fight

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Btw that ilvl haubergeon is really just a karieyh haubert+2 but available to fewer jobs