BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

THANKS OBAMA

Jesus, how far down this shit hole do we have to keep going before someone does something about it.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If I understand correctly Comcast has offered to basically drop 3 million subscribers who would be in the areas where there's overlap to avoid antitrust...but I'm not sure if that means that those people would just be SOL because Comcast/TWC would not service them and there's no other option in the area.

It's more so a business formality, not that it makes any real world difference. Those 3 million subscribers would just get new "contracts" or service agreements and would have to be reprocessed by the new systems. Possibly at no point in time losing service.

Why are you guys complaining? This is great news. You still have options....on what cable package you buy from the single entity that services most of the US!.......and you can still choose your ISP,

I mean maybe the choices are

A)Comcast B)Comcast C)Comcast D) Nothing

But those are still choices on your part

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    It's more so a business formality, not that it makes any real world difference. Those 3 million subscribers would just get new "contracts" or service agreements and would have to be reprocessed by the new systems. Possibly at no point in time losing service.
    TWC did the same thing when we acquired Insight Communications last year. They 'Dropped' some subscribers, which were then transitioned over to the new billing system without ever seeing any interuption in
    service ( I know this as I was one of the main ones processing the VoIP merger for just about the Commercial Customers ).

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Should be interesting to see if anyone will have to "Re-apply". If anything, I would say the TWC Call Centers would be facing that if anything... besides some management shift and clean up.

I'm glad my tax dollars were put to good use in helping to implement all of the infrastructure for some of these ISPs so that they could turn around and fuck me over. Nothing better.

Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

Wow.

The only positive thing I can think to say is...We get to witness such a clusterfuck happen. The ISP/telecommunications issues and history in this country are incredibly interesting.

If its not CDMA vs' GSM; its monopolies and oligopolies of internet providers charging crazy monies for terribad services.

Maybe in 20 years we'll all be able to look back and be like 'wow wasn't it crazy that that was allowed to happen/ that was how that industry was'.

And to add salt on the wound of this behemoth is that this merger not only provides more of a monopoly on infrastructure, but also even more consolidation of multimedia franchises. I wonder what the tally would be on the number of TV stations owned together would be?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    How is this allowed? When AT&T tried to buy T-mobile courts were like "lolno", right?

There are more phone companies than cable companies so...
    I'm pretty sure this hasn't been approved by the courts yet. It took months before the announced AT&T-TMobile merger got shot down.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Also remember that Time Warner and Time Warner Cable are two separate entities (We split off of from TW in 2009).

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I just read that comcast has data caps? Wtf? Fuckers better not ruin my unlimited TWC data.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure they know these mergers will be shot down and that announcing them is just a way to shore up money to continue providing shitty service.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I just read that comcast has data caps? Wtf? Fuckers better not ruin my unlimited TWC data.
    I believe Comcast 'caps' are a technicality, I have never, ever seen Comcast actually enforce a cap on someone, you have to top 250GB a month for 4 straight months or something

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have also never hit my Comcast data cap, but I mostly use the internet to play a decade old game that could be run on a 28k modem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliron View Post
    Wow.

The only positive thing I can think to say is...We get to witness such a clusterfuck happen. The ISP/telecommunications issues and history in this country are incredibly interesting.

If its not CDMA vs' GSM; its monopolies and oligopolies of internet providers charging crazy monies for terribad services.

Maybe in 20 years we'll all be able to look back and be like 'wow wasn't it crazy that that was allowed to happen/ that was how that industry was'.
    Pretty sure we had that same reaction back during the days of the robber barons and it doesn't seem to have really changed anything since we're back for round two.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I believe Comcast 'caps' are a technicality, I have never, ever seen Comcast actually enforce a cap on someone, you have to top 250GB a month for 4 straight months or something
    Unless things have changed, the last I heard was that Comcast officially stated they would not be enforcing penalties for going over the cap. At least until they came up with new data plans where they could charge if you go over. I go over pretty regularly (probably more than 4 months in a row), and have never seen any penalty.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yeah anything I've heard of penalty-wise has been throttling rather than fees, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Yeah, I havnt hit the cap yet though and I download a lot of data/torrents throughout the months so i'm waiting to see if they enforce it after awhile.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It still amazes me that people can use less than 250 gb a month. I haven't used less than that since at least 2011, probably longer. Last month i used 808 gb, and probably average over 500 gb per month...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast