1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Striking and Maiming sets are exclusive to MNK and DRG respectively.

They only share gear up to ilvl 55 junk (DRG can wear MNK ilvl 60 but not the other way around).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Striking and Maiming sets are exclusive to MNK and DRG respectively.

They only share gear up to ilvl 55 junk (DRG can wear MNK ilvl 60 but not the other way around).
    Well, kind of, they still share jewelry (ie: Coil/EX jewelry) which isn't the case for BRD, BRD gear only serves BRD because it's the only job with DEX as the main stat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Sorry for interrupting your 'Comments from the devs' moment, but they posted the official translation to the letter:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...64#post1843364
    The economic balance of FFXIV: ARR is set up in such a way that players save up to fill the gap created by the item level cap, or perhaps craft equipment and meld it with materia to raise their item levels faster, gradually procuring equipment until the next patch. At the time of the next patch, players will have procured most of their equipment and the economy will begin declining, but the patch to follow will add a large amount of new items which will revitalize the economy, and the cycle will begin again.
    In the future, we're thinking of adding encounters similar to Turn 4 of the Binding Coil of Bahamut, where players must defeat wave after wave of enemies, figuring out how to effectively defeat them before being overwhelmed. The order in which enemies must be defeated will change with every encounter, so you can expect a fair bit of variety. We'll also be implementing elements where someone will have to operate certain mechanics.
    Since we’ll be adding the second installment of the Binding Coil of Bahamut, which exceeds the difficulty of the first installment, we'll be removing all the limitations on the first five turns of the Binding Coil. The weekly limitation will also be removed, so you can take on the first five turns as often as you like. Also, every week that passes after patch 2.2 is implemented “The Echo” buff will start being applied, and while you are in the dungeon you will become stronger, and since your item levels will also be higher, it will be much easier to win. Ultimately it will be eased to the point where even if you eat Piercing Laser or some member dies while passing Allagan Rot around, you’ll be able to endure. You’ll also be able to remove the buff if you want to challenge the Binding Coil of Bahamut at its original difficulty. Rather than saying the difficulty itself will decrease, I think it's more accurate to say that players will be getting stronger every week. Similar adjustments will be made to the second installment of the Binding Coil further down the line, when the time is right.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually like the dual job system. (I wish they didn't kneecap classes so much, as THM and ACN could be much more useful than they are, but whatevs.) The complaint that you can just level one class and get two complete jobs is pretty silly on two levels:

1) In a game where you can level from 1-50 easily in a week, any benefit from making someone grind two jobs for the same class is... questionable. Grinding itself is primarily a timesink and it's not even an effective one in this game.
    2) It would not really work as the game is currently implemented due to bonus point mechanics. If you have a 50ACN, you can either dump your bonus points in MND or INT, but either way one of your two jobs is screwed. Ultimately, you're better off playing SMN+WHM or SCH+BLM, not SMN+SCH. And unless they change how bonus points work, this would likely be similar for other classes.

As for ARC, it's true that RNG (or another DPS job) would be redundant with BRD's current mechanics. If ARC's second job is to be a DPS, they'll need to revise BRD and make it much more support focused; an easy solution would be to replace the +damage traits with something like +MP regen traits, and to make the LV55/60 job abilities as extra songs (e.g. +DET).

The bonus point mechanics are stupid anyway.

They should either be removed or tied to jobs, not classes.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

But I like my +30 DEX on PLD.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    But I like my +30 DEX on PLD.
    Gimp. +30 MND for self heals ftw

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not gonna lie, I went +30 STR on WAR because I only use it for Hard mode Duty Roulette and that 500 HP or whatever is completely unnecessary for that.

Them crit IBs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Our coil WAR is +30 STR and i90 STR accessories for pretty much everything except Ifrit EX. Fun to compete with his DPS vs mine on SCH.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

As ilvl increases the bonus points will matter less and less so playing both SCH + SMN on same char without reassigning points should become more viable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    As ilvl increases the bonus points will matter less and less so playing both SCH + SMN on same char without reassigning points should become more viable.
    Problem is when they start increasing char level and give us a bonus point per level like 40-50.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Problem is when they start increasing char level and give us a bonus point per level like 40-50.
    Right but endgame gear at the new level cap will have ilvl go up again and have stats that are streets ahead of what we can even imagine now. We'll be able to extrapolate more once we see what 2.2 brings in terms of ilvl and what stat increases happen but based on the jump between i60 and i90, gear stat values almost double. After a certain point in gear ilvl, the % of main stat you get from bonus points becomes trivial enough that you'll be able to spec whatever you want.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Can't wait for the xpac and the ilv to be 200. They are gonna have WoW's problem of ilv inflation pretty soon if every 6 months the ilv is increased by 20

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

and then they item crunch and they fix it all.

I've found them using 5-10 ilvl increments a bit problematic, myself. The only way they could keep people in WP gear from beating Turn 5? Dunno. The thought of them simply nerfing ilvl70+ gear down to ilvl60 or so just irks me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    streets ahead
    http://comediva.com/images/stories/p...ity_041112.jpg