1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    I thought Yoshida mentioned gigas' primal is Shiva. Don't have the source at hand but I remember it was mentioned in an article or live letter.
    They can add another tribe or type of Gigas but the current ones are not worshipping Shiva. Neither the lore or their abilities support this in any way.
    If you fight the other tribes you'll quickly notice that they always use spells/attacks related to their own Primal (Ixali use Aero spells, Enaero, Evasion up and Haste, etc.), the gigas do not. I believe the only ones that use Blizzard/Enblizzard exclusively are imps but I don't think those count as they're voidsent. Most likely in 2.2/2.3 they will expand the Coerthas region and these new beastmen will finally show up. They're probably hiding behind that wall of ice and gathering crystals without any kind of interference.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

tempered ishgardians (heretics) and garleans both exclusively use thunder based spells so while it fits really well for most things, i wouldn't say it precludes the gigas from worshiping shiva

for all we know they don't currently worship her but will later

(fun fact: gigas cast fire spells)

all we really know about the gigas currently is they fucking love the shit out of allagans and they come from north of ishgard in abalathia's spine

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    All 3 types? I mean I could accept that hecatoncheirs don't worship Shiva, but even the blue ones by Boulder Downs don't? If they have any BLM types.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

all we really know about the gigas currently is they fucking love the shit out of allagans and they come from north of ishgard in abalathia's spine
    lol, we're going to find out that the gigas some just some outcast sect of retard allagans that survived whatever killed the rest of 'em.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    I thought Yoshida mentioned gigas' primal is Shiva. Don't have the source at hand but I remember it was mentioned in an article or live letter.
    http://gamerescape.com/2013/09/01/in...n-at-pax-2013/

Yoshida: We have plans for 2.2- new Primals, ones that new players haven’t even imagined. For 2.1 we’re going to bring back Good King Moogle Mog, as well as add a new level of Titan, Garuda and Ifrit battles… super, hard, ultra, hyper… we don’t know what we’ll call them yet.

As for Ramuh, Leviathan and Shiva…one will be appearing in 2.2 but we can’t say anymore right now because it affects the story line.

Shiva will be the Primal of a beast tribe that no one has seen.

As for when the Free Companies will be able to summon the Primals, we’re thinking 2.2 or 2.3. That’s when the Primals will start entering the fields.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

As for when the Free Companies will be able to summon the Primals, we’re thinking 2.2 or 2.3. That’s when the Primals will start entering the fields.
    I'd forgotten all about this. I look forward to seeing the lore explanation. Summoning primals is bad, m'kay? Oh, but you're fine to do it, you have the echo or something.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    All 3 types? I mean I could accept that hecatoncheirs don't worship Shiva, but even the blue ones by Boulder Downs don't? If they have any BLM types.
    As far as I can recall it's only the Gigas near Boulder Downs actually. I should amend that to say "Giants near Boulder Downs" and Gigas (in Mor Dhona) cast Stone, but meh. The Giants very infrequently cast magic.

It's the Giant Readers who cast magic, both Fire and Paralyze.

The giant reader casts Fire.
    Hecatonchiers, well, Moondrip ones anyways, only cast Cure and Stoneskin. I don't remember shit about Copperbell (Hard) cuz I've only done it once.

EDIT: I got distracted by Behemoth pop and literally just hit Alt+S mid thought lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

tempered ishgardians (heretics) and garleans both exclusively use thunder based spells so while it fits really well for most things, i wouldn't say it precludes the gigas from worshiping shiva

for all we know they don't currently worship her but will later

I was talking about beastmen, human characters really don't matter. Either way every single tribe involved with Primals has been new to FFXIV or received a new look for the game (Sahagins, Sylphs) and the Gigas are taken from XI. On top of that Shiva has already been summoned at least once so they should be worshipping her if that was the case. The Gigas really seem to be a generic tribe as they can cast a wide variety of spells (elementally speaking).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Where is your proof Shiva has been summoned? I can't recall any mention of that.

If you're just saying LOL COERTHAS IS SNOWY MUST BE SHIVA. That's a huge assumption on your part because there's no mention by NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Greetings!

In a future patch, we will be making changes to the focus target feature so that when enemies, such as primals, temporarily leave the battlefield the focus target will not disappear.
    http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index...&size=400x1000

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where is your proof Shiva has been summoned? I can't recall any mention of that.

If you're just saying LOL COERTHAS IS SNOWY MUST BE SHIVA. That's a huge assumption on your part because there's no mention by NPCs.
    More like the fact that suddenly a certain settlement was completely frozen and there's now a huge wall of ice blocking the path. It's very similar to how other Primals manifest themselves after being summoned in Eorzea (earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.). I don't think it's ever mentioned because no one has real proof of her existence yet, let alone her beastmen tribe as they're blocked behind that wall of ice. The climate change could also be related but it's not really that important (although Coerthas is the only area in the game where such a drastic change occured after the Calamity).

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The climate change could also be related but it's not really that important (although Coerthas is the only area in the game where such a drastic change occured after the Calamity).
    That's just variability in weather, climate change is over long periods of time and is definitely caused by Elezens.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is Shiva even mentioned in game at all? I really don't remember her being brought up even once. She seems to be unknown to the nations and the scions. Being worshiped by a new beastmen race I wouldn't be surprised if she's more of an invading force everyone gets blindsided by then a long hidden threat. The lore says that the empire first encountered Primals in Othard not Erozea so we know there's primals out in the rest of the world.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    Is Shiva even mentioned in game at all? I really don't remember her being brought up even once. She seems to be unknown to the nations and the scions. Being worshiped by a new beastmen race I wouldn't be surprised if she's more of an invading force everyone gets blindsided by then a long hidden threat. The lore says that the empire first encountered Primals in Othard not Erozea so we know there's primals out in the rest of the world.
    I don't think she is, not directly. What we know comes from interviews and other promotional material.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

HAI

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Musketeer please? ;_;

BG Level

"If not enough players play tanks, we will add mounts so they can use tanks"

Proble mis for lv 50 lol after mounts people will still not play tanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

O, totally forgot about the letter, thank god I just came home and it's still in the early part.

Edit: Ugh, I post this and get a call for a work thing ;;

BG Level

"how can you not fall off titan?"

Y : "Remember the pattern"

lol