+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Penny Dreadful - Coming to Showtime, Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton

Been following news about this for a while. It supposed to be a horror series featuring some of the most famous horror figures such as Dracula, Dr. Jekyll, etc. It should be coming out this year.
    http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-...dreadful-2.jpg
    The series is said to feature some of literature’s most frightening and iconic figures as they grapple with alienation in Victorian London.

Timothy Dalton, Reeve Carney, Josh Hartnett, Harry Treadaway, Rory Kinnear, Billie Piper, and Eva Green star. Dalton will be playing African explorer “Sir Malcolm,” while Carney has snapped up Dorian Gray. Hartnett will play the role of “Ethan Chandler,” a charming American who finds himself trapped in the darkest corners of Victorian London. Green will play “Vanessa Ives,” a seductive and formidable beauty full of secrets and danger. Treadaway will be assembled as “Victor Frankenstein.”

Oscar-nominee Logan created and wrote the series with the first two episodes to be helmed by The Orphanage and The Impossible director Juan Antonio Bayona.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Got my interest in this because Billie Piper is going to be in it.
    Feel like the whole "legendary monsters" thing has been done so much in the past few years though, I wonder if this can really be a unique show. Looking forward to watching it when it starts up though.

I am in.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Eva Green? YUS!

So 1st episode is available http://www.sho.com/sho/penny-dreadful/home
    I thought it was great and has lots of potential. Great acting and the sets are pretty amazing so if you like supernatural shit as much as me watch it

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Oh shit time to mute the hoops games

The Anti Miz

BG Level

was pretty good, i'll definitely give it a chance

I like how dark it is and I just remembered that Mina Murray was Draculas lost love. I wonder if that's gonna come into play

I like!

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I like how dark it is and I just remembered that Mina Murray was Draculas lost love. I wonder if that's gonna come into play
    i was looking at the wiki and there are a few more fun characters from fiction they will be introducing. I love this kind of stuff, hope it isn't terrible

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My only complaint about this show so far is that I saw cock before Eva's tits .

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I just remembered that Mina Murray was Draculas lost love.
    I hate to nitpick, but as someone who has read and re-read Dracula more times than I can count over the past 15 years this is false. Mina was not a love interest for Dracula as much as a tool he used to make her his own slave via forcing her to drink from his blood. She was the wife of Jonathan Harker, and once his homes in London were found out by Harker, Van Helsing, and company he began his process of fleeing back to Translyvania. He bragged that causing her to drink from his blood would give him the power to call her at his own beck and that she would not be able to resist his call (which she later backed up this claim through hypnosis sessions with Van Helsing and her bond to him had grown larger and larger as they brought her closer to him through the pursuit to Translyvania).

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I stared at the old guy for days till I had me an "ah ha!" moment... Bond, James Bond. Clearly not a revelation as his name is in this title but aside from a teaser I knew nothing going in.

Pretty good first episode, seems like they can stay fairly open ended with the monsters and characters they bring in.

Now to wait 3 weeks for a new one.

Would Watch Again.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

just watched the first ep, really good, I'd watch this regularly.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I liked it well enough. Needs more boobs and less dick though

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siccmade View Post
    I stared at the old guy for days till I had me an "ah ha!" moment... Bond, James Bond. Clearly not a revelation as his name is in this title but aside from a teaser I knew nothing going in.

Pretty good first episode, seems like they can stay fairly open ended with the monsters and characters they bring in.

Now to wait 3 weeks for a new one.
    Nooo it's not bond it's Mr Pricklepants!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Watched the first episode on demand last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Obviously there is a lot of set up and even more questions, but I think it's a good start.

I really liked the fan service with revealing Victor Frankenstein at the end. If the show has a lot of this, I wouldn't mind downloading it every week. Would expect Jekyll & Hyde to make an appearance or reference at some point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast