1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 21 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    This sort of makes sense?
    EMX weightings are done via the Potency Formulae that he derived - since BLM and SMN share most of the same gear and don't have significant mechanics that adjust the value of any of the sub stats (i.e. CRIT procs) I would assume stat weightings for both classes would be very similar.

Compartively MNK/DRG have different gear and there are mechanics which change stat weightings (CRIT/SKS modifiers like GL,Internal Release, and AAs).

I don't think PURO has still formulated his new stat weightings yet after being told his original ones were wrong. Is he still averaging his findings to get a "global" equivalence of stats? i.e. he would average his ilvl10 data with his ilvl110 data even though it was obvious that stats had some kind of scaling.
    I could be completely wrong, but I remember some testing saying that determination is higher weighted on low potency spells. Furthermore, the only testing that EMX did (on his public thread) was literally one dataset. The only other data was from Kenji which was mainly at i90, and with full gearsets. I know recently Puro has done a lot more testing on Det, but EMX hasn't really done specific BLM testing; hell, he doesn't even have a BLM himself which is why he takes all of Kenji's values.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I could be completely wrong, but I remember some testing saying that determination is higher weighted on low potency spells. Furthermore, the only testing that EMX did (on his public thread) was literally one dataset. The only other data was from Kenji which was mainly at i90, and with full gearsets. I know recently Puro has done a lot more testing on Det, but EMX hasn't really done specific BLM testing; hell, he doesn't even have a BLM himself which is why he takes all of Kenji's values.
    Yeh, EMX BLM data was never very extensive, and PURO hasn't formulated any new weightings with his new data (his old data was also actually taken with a base of 0 gear). There's really no good source of BLM theorycrafting.

I remember seeing a new calculator/simulator by the chocobro guy(s), any idea wha tmaths those guys are usign?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeh, EMX BLM data was never very extensive, and PURO hasn't formulated any new weightings with his new data (his old data was also actually taken with a base of 0 gear). There's really no good source of BLM theorycrafting.

I remember seeing a new calculator/simulator by the chocobro guy(s), any idea wha tmaths those guys are usign?
    Absolutely no idea. Hasn't their site been offline for around 3 months?

Puro actually got a lot more data when he re-tested, but he was averaging all the data instead of using an average on each test to account for the +/- 5% damage. However, I remember he was addressing it. I remember he concluded that 1 Int = 5 det, which may or may not have been correct in that relationship, but obviously WD, SS and Crit affect that relationship.

To be honest, though, i'll always have respect for Puro and EMX for trying, because I myself would rather play the game than gather data, i've spent far too much time in another game doing it. Puro seems willing to look at his data to see if there are issues, however EMX doesn't seem to be interested, and has automatically assumed the damage formulae is the same for each class, just swapping in Strength for Int or for Dex.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Absolutely no idea. Hasn't their site been offline for around 3 months?

Puro actually got a lot more data when he re-tested, but he was averaging all the data instead of using an average on each test to account for the +/- 5% damage. However, I remember he was addressing it. I remember he concluded that 1 Int = 5 det, which may or may not have been correct in that relationship, but obviously WD, SS and Crit affect that relationship.

To be honest, though, i'll always have respect for Puro and EMX for trying, because I myself would rather play the game than gather data, i've spent far too much time in another game doing it. Puro seems willing to look at his data to see if there are issues, however EMX doesn't seem to be interested, and has automatically assumed the damage formulae is the same for each class, just swapping in Strength for Int or for Dex.
    Well - I don't think it's a big leap for potency formula for all classes to be the same (all primary stat build into an "attack power" anyway). The potency formula is out there and it would be quite simple for any person to provide data that contradicts if it if was not accurate. I don't think EMX every showed his logic for his rotations to generate his stat weights so it's very possible he could have been mistaken considering he doesn't play BLM.

I'm pretty sure EMX has moved on from FFXIV and was banned from official forums where he did most of his posting anyway.

This is the post regarding re: sim.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ject_chocobro/

May need to ask the author or check his source code to see what formulaes he's using.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Well - I don't think it's a big leap for potency formula for all classes to be the same (all primary stat build into an "attack power" anyway). The potency formula is out there and it would be quite simple for any person to provide data that contradicts if it if was not accurate. I don't think EMX every showed his logic for his rotations to generate his stat weights so it's very possible he could have been mistaken considering he doesn't play BLM.

I'm pretty sure EMX has moved on from FFXIV and was banned from official forums where he did most of his posting anyway.

This is the post regarding re: sim.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ject_chocobro/

May need to ask the author or check his source code to see what formulaes he's using.
    Yeah, EMX moved to League.

IIrc, I remember reading some data that came to the conclusion that lower potency benefits more from determination. However, I can't find that anywhere.

Would be interesting to see what damage formulae that Chocobro uses. At the end of the day though, rotation and skill is far more important. I personally prefer to forgo determination because you just don't get as much of it as Crit or Spellspeed.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I remember reading some data that came to the conclusion that lower potency benefits more from determination. However, I can't find that anywhere.
    Me too, and me too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

just got high allagan body of casting, now trying to run ST for either oil ..or any good piece..? which is good?!?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Iori!

I'll get with you ingame when I get home later and see the rest of your set. Kinda depends what you plan on using BLM for though cuz acc requirements etc. With how much acc is on soldiery and HA it shouldn't be a problem, I just don't know off the top of my head

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    Iori!

I'll get with you ingame when I get home later and see the rest of your set. Kinda depends what you plan on using BLM for though cuz acc requirements etc. With how much acc is on soldiery and HA it shouldn't be a problem, I just don't know off the top of my head
    with my current set i got enough acc for coil up to t9 with food, im i96 with upgraded ring just now

http://i59.tinypic.com/23n1cn.jpg

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

IIrc, I remember reading some data that came to the conclusion that lower potency benefits more from determination. However, I can't find that anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrmanchu View Post
    Me too, and me too.
    Oh, I might be able to corroborate this. Let me update my crit&other stuff thread. This would also explain why AA benefited more, since it's a low potency attack.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    with my current set i got enough acc for coil up to t9 with food, im i96 with upgraded ring just now

http://i59.tinypic.com/23n1cn.jpg
    Sorry dude, had coil yesterday that I was 20mins late too then the gym after. Was completely dead lol. when I get some more free time at work right now I'll review

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sorry dude, had coil yesterday that I was 20mins late too then the gym after. Was completely dead lol. when I get some more free time at work right now I'll review
    im setting on 5 sands, gona keep 2 for tank since i still havent seen legs/feet since ages and the 3 i got will use on blm. most likely im starting with weapon then depends on whats droping next week+

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, weapon is always priority. I would definitely use an oil on a ring since there isn't another i110 one besides High Alla which should be an easy pickup from T6. You may want to use it on the wrist also, iirc HA drops in T9. Those are just easy ones I know off the top

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, weapon is always priority. I would definitely use an oil on a ring since there isn't another i110 one besides High Alla which should be an easy pickup from T6. You may want to use it on the wrist also, iirc HA drops in T9. Those are just easy ones I know off the top
    Personally, I used an oil on the Neck and got a crafted ring. With the weapon, i'm not really having accuracy problems.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

next week i might upgrade ear/wrist, and there is lots on casting gear so its hard to get in my static, especially probably from next week a guy who was out for a while back and he get casting too so its 4 people lol

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Damn, 4 people? lol. My last static in 1st coil had like 4 people on casting, was terrible. Especially with how shit our cast legs drop rate was.

Personally, I used an oil on the Neck and got a crafted ring. With the weapon, i'm not really having accuracy problems.
    that's the thing with a lot of this new gear, so much goddamn accuracy lol. I think I'm rocking like 510 on BLM right now. I'm pretty late to 2nd coil though, dropped my last static after the 5th week and just started back on it with new group a couple weeks ago. Have only seen T6 casting drops

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Oh, I might be able to corroborate this. Let me update my crit&other stuff thread. This would also explain why AA benefited more, since it's a low potency attack.
    Cool please do.. got a link to crit&other thread?

Also @ other guys.. isn't this "advanced theory crafting"? lol

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120...d-other-stuff-) Is his thread.

We generally use this as the ask blm questiosn thread, easier than making a new one in general section

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shen Anigans
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Casting pants and earring drop from T9. Wrists is T7. I finally got mine last night. Yay!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Yeah so 5am is not a good time to look at data. I switched the damage values for misery's end in my head even while looking straight at them .