1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's a beastly set, but on excal that's gonna run a goddamn huge bill if you bought all the materia

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    That's a beastly set, but on excal that's gonna run a goddamn huge bill if you bought all the materia
    Well, its not hard to make gil if i'm honest, and if you meld stuff in the right order (Expensive first), then its a lot easier. That said, when I did my melding it was on Faerie which at that point was pretty cheap materia wise. 20k a Spellspeed IV

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

SS IV is 80k+ now, not worth it when in a month it will all be obsolete. Though good to keep in mind for future crafted sets I guess, though personally I like seeing big numbers on my booms.

@Serenseven
    Thanks for this, Im gonna try to sit on my cast a little more and wait on RS. I gotta start using A-Manipulation too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    SS IV is 80k+ now, not worth it when in a month it will all be obsolete. Though good to keep in mind for future crafted sets I guess, though personally I like seeing big numbers on my booms.
    I'd argue the materia itself is more valuable to hold onto right now. Since 2.4 will likely give us i100 or i110 crafted to pentameld brainstorm over.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

@Serenseven
    Thanks for this, Im gonna try to sit on my cast a little more and wait on RS. I gotta start using A-Manipulation too.
    Aeth Mani is sex in T6, your dps will raise a good bit from just abusing that. Mine is still relatively low for my liking in there too, Last week I pulled about 330 before leafstorm went off

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

@Serenseven
    Yeah. Not worth it to do now, I agree. I've had it done for a while. I just hope the new gear has more spellspeed on.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Makes me think that come 2.4 (if crafted i110 is a thing) you won't need any 3rd coil gear at all besides weapon. Perhaps that's the main reason they don't seem to be introducing Tier 5 materia any time soon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Makes me think that come 2.4 (if crafted i110 is a thing) you won't need any 3rd coil gear at all besides weapon. Perhaps that's the main reason they don't seem to be introducing Tier 5 materia any time soon.
    To be honest, the only reason its so viable now is because of how poor some of the current pieces plus the lack of variety at i110 currently. It would have been made better if there was i110 ST gear (upgradable with sands for some more variety), but the big kicker is having so much crit on some of the jewelry pieces. Some more Jewellery pieces would help - at least we had more Ex primal at i90 - the only other i110 jewellery will be the rings from Ramuh in 2.38, and possibly something from Shiva in 2.4 but that will be too late. Theres no spellspeed option in a number of slots; the Bracelets, the earrings and only one ring. On top of that, for raw damage, the best combination is having a spellspeed/crit item (like the Neckpiece) - but there is only three of those, two of which are T9 drops. Furthermore, there are no Spellspeed accuracy items (there two acc/ss items though - Ring and Neck).

If they brought in T5 materia and i110 crafted, they are still going to be very expensive, and i'd imagine you would get them from spiritbinding i90 crafted.

tl;dr

Lack of variety in gear especially leads to crafted use for BLM due to how well they scale off all 3 stats.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Now my question is, if those stats and weights are accurate, why is it not spitting that that same set back out when I run the BiS solver when leaving all those melds as-is?

I assume it's a problem on Ariyala's side, since your math seems accurate enough.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Now my question is, if those stats and weights are accurate, why is it not spitting that that same set back out when I run the BiS solver when leaving all those melds as-is?

I assume it's a problem on Ariyala's side, since your math seems accurate enough.
    I love Ariyala's site and all, but I can never get that solver to work. It will stay at 1% for ages.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Your equipment level ranges are too large, then.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Random question, what have people found to be the optimal way for BLM to deal with heavensfall phase while being the LB-user?

I've been doing swiftcast thunder3 on the drop > raging strikes > fire3 > pop x-pot while getting knocked back by heavensfall > fire1 + firestarter spam until out of MP > transpose > LB. Depending on how many FS/TC procs I get and when, I'll usually be out of MP to cast more Fire1s right before/as the ghost comes up, which is why I transpose instead of Bliz3. I don't actually touch the ghost at all directly, only the LB. LB is usually casting before the ghost is actually in position.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

thunder>fire 3 >RS > fire >pot> fire fire fire >flare >Convert >fire >flare >transpose LB

most of time with this im able to hit nael+ add with flare which really nice dps increase

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Has anyone made a new BiS list? Trying to figure out how to spend my poetics.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Has anyone made a new BiS list? Trying to figure out how to spend my poetics.
    I'm not sure if ACC requirements have been pinned down yet, so nope

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Does the element of a spell ever matter? Or are all monsters neutral to every element?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Doesn't matter ever.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmm I request some opinions...

I am a i110 BLM. Should I use my poetics for the sexy i120 pants or instead buy the i120 gloves and 120 bracelet to add roughly 40 more accuracy to my build (boosts my Novum build to 475 or if I ever win a lot on high allagan head, then 500 base with Novus). The pants only add 15 or so more accuracy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What's your current accuracy? T9 acc cap is 470, and numbers being thrown around is that T13 is somewhere around 500ish ballpark.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

445 with high allegan boots and Novus, 480ish with Levy i110. I can break 500 if I ever win the high allagan head lot but that would drop to 460 if I use Novus.