1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If Phase 1/2 goes your way your DPS can get pretty high. You'll get high spikes in DPS during Requiem w/ Raging + Potion.

For Megaflare see if you can find a way to use AM if you don't have a proc for the run in. Earthshakers I hopefully have Swiftcast up and pray for a proc, though with enough Spellspeed you can cast between puddles (Selene buff makes this really easy).

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks for all the replies. I relayed all the info to her and she's gonna try to take some things into practice and hopefully improve.

On a side note, seeing how good melded Kirimu is makes me wanna get that shit for my blm, even though I don't play it as often/main it anymore since I'm mainly WHM/NIN now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I relayed all the info to her and she's gonna try to take some things into practice and hopefully improve.

On a side note, seeing how good melded Kirimu is makes me wanna get that shit for my blm, even though I don't play it as often/main it anymore since I'm mainly WHM/NIN now.
    Its very good for the Gloves/Belt and Legs and better than their poetry i130 equivalents when melded. The headpiece is a really good accuracy piece, the boots are a good stepping stone until you have upgraded poetry boots.

Not sure about the jewellery just yet.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    How are you getting anywhere near the 600s in T13? Wondering since I'm having issues DPSing when I'm forced to move (megaflare/earthshaker).
    That's just the spike in the first phase. Thought I'd just throw out that range since it was asked pertaining to phase 1 and phase 2 DPS figures.

For the overall fight, I seem to hover around 500-515 DPS but keep in mind that's with an i135 weapon. When I had AMIR, mid 400s seemed to be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I used the gloves, Platinum Circlet, and Arachne Bolero till I replaced them with the BiS equivalent. They're very good! Really pushes you far up in spell speed while satisfying all of the weird accuracy requirements that comes from obtaining new gear.

In fact, I still have to use the Platinum Circlet to satisfy my accuracy requirements. I really need the dreadwyrm neck and dreadwyrm head to be able to drop the circlet since both of them come with quite a bit of accuracy!

This is what I am aiming for: Hito Yu's proposed BLM BiS

I'll probably meld my Kirimu belt this week so I can use another headpiece.

Edit: Or, possibly, just use Lava Toad and go with some non-BiS pieces:

Temp. Gear

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I am returning to the game after stopping around the time 2.35 hit. At the time, I had the Stardust Novus and was keeping it updated. Coming back to the game now, I see I am 2 steps behind (Nexus, and Zodiac), and I also realized I messed up my sphere scroll and need to shift around 4 points. Looking at what is required, it seems to be a fairly steep grind to catch back up, especially if I want to move through Second Coil and into Final Coil. For those that have the Lilith Rod, is it worth my time and cost to continue going for it or would I be better off picking up a different weapon? I have about 2.5M gil in reserve and I am sure prices on Excalibur haven't fallen, how costly is the Nexus->Zodiac phase?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    That's just the spike in the first phase. Thought I'd just throw out that range since it was asked pertaining to phase 1 and phase 2 DPS figures.

For the overall fight, I seem to hover around 500-515 DPS but keep in mind that's with an i135 weapon. When I had AMIR, mid 400s seemed to be reasonable.

I used the gloves, Platinum Circlet, and Arachne Bolero till I replaced them with the BiS equivalent. They're very good! Really pushes you far up in spell speed while satisfying all of the weird accuracy requirements that comes from obtaining new gear.

In fact, I still have to use the Platinum Circlet to satisfy my accuracy requirements. I really need the dreadwyrm neck and dreadwyrm head to be able to drop the circlet since both of them come with quite a bit of accuracy!

This is what I am aiming for: Hito Yu's proposed BLM BiS

I'll probably meld my Kirimu belt this week so I can use another headpiece.

Edit: Or, possibly, just use Lava Toad and go with some non-BiS pieces:

Temp. Gear
    I posted two superior BIS earlier in the thread. And its probably going to change given the i110 crafted jewellery.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Besides the legs, is there any item from WoD of interest for a BLM who has not done Final Coil yet?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd think the head piece is good, looks pretty cool too. Gloves are good too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What gear are you starting from? i120 ironworks?

BIS at the moment is "minimize det" so you can get some mileage from the gloves and the hat, I guess.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BIS at the moment is "minimize det" so you can get some mileage from the gloves and the hat, I guess.
    Wait, what? Last time I checked det had more weight than crit on BLM too (and both less than spell speed, of course).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Wait, what? Last time I checked det had more weight than crit on BLM too (and both less than spell speed, of course).
    Correct, but you end up getting way less det on gear than you do crit/spsp.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Correct, but you end up getting way less det on gear than you do crit/spsp.
    Ah, yes, of course. But that's a consequence of how stats are distributed in gear. When you can actually choose (Novus) SS and det are still superior. So it's not "minimize det", but rather "maximize SS, and as a result, you ned up with less det".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Ah, yes, of course. But that's a consequence of how stats are distributed in gear. When you can actually choose (Novus) SS and det are still superior. So it's not "minimize det", but rather "maximize SS, and as a result, you ned up with less det".
    Sorta? The end of it is that, on Novus, SpSp + Det is your best bet. On everything else, SpSp + acc or crit. Crit+acc is acceptable, but in some BIS lists, they replace those with crafted pieces.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's important to acknowledge is that you're not trying to avoid det in favor or crit or something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I posted two superior BIS earlier in the thread. And its probably going to change given the i110 crafted jewellery.
    Hmm I do like that build save for the low HP and possibly low MDEF for things like rage in T13. I guess if you can just avoid getting two stacks when manaward is down, problem solved. I also wonder if you would die on the double mega circles on the divebomb megas.

Either way, the new jewelry kind of throws us for a loop. Good news is all the problems I mentioned above can probably be alleviated since you're able to stack more non-crafted left side pieces.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You guys have been great I must say. Does anyone know if there is a hard/soft 'cap' on spell speed? I am about 514 and according to THE chart, I am at the highest increment you can get.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

There isn't a hard/soft cap. What chart are you referencing?

I run 600+ usually, if i switch to relic I get 670+

If I ever get chest/gloves/weapon, i'll be above 700

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It might not be possible on BLM but people have reported on WHM with Presence of Mind and loads of SS gear hitting a 1.5s GCD cap.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The lowest i've hit with seleen is 1.98 (thats like 670 spellspeed).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Presence + Fey Glow resulted in our WHMs cure cast time going down to 1.03s, over 1k spell speed at that point. Fairly positive there's no cap. I'll ask him to give me the hard numbers on his gcd later since I took these numbers from our t13 clear video.