1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prince Purrcival
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry for the (probably) obvious question but...

if ever Convert is up but Swiftcast is down, is ending your single-target rotation with;
    [Fire>>(Raw 4.0s)Flare>>Convert>Fire>>Blizzard3]
    ... a loss in DPS compared to just continuing the rotation normally and waiting for Swiftcast to be up before doing the Swift+Flare>Convert combo?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Crescendo View Post
    Sorry for the (probably) obvious question but...

if ever Convert is up but Swiftcast is down, is ending your single-target rotation with;
    [Fire>>(Raw 4.0s)Flare>>Convert>Fire>>Blizzard3]
    ... a loss in DPS compared to just continuing the rotation normally and waiting for Swiftcast to be up before doing the Swift+Flare>Convert combo?
    for your normal single target, if swiftcast is down, but convert is up, just ignore flare and get as many more fires as you can in from the convert mp (2 i think) then go to bliz3, the 4sec cast on flare is going to lower overall output on 1 target

Edit: reasoning, while flare is slightly higher dps even with the raw cast, with AF3 on, 117dps (on one target), where fire1 is 108 dps with AF3, the 40% chance of getting Firestarter proc is going to outweigh that over time. AF3 firestarter proc is 158.4dps (220*1.8/2.5sec for gcd)so if you get 2 casts and the 1st one procsit's 108+108(see the firestarter proc from the 1st now)+158.4,= 124.8 avg dps, if it procs on the 2nd fire you'll be into your bliz3 before the proc registers, but you can use transpose to get AF1 up for the firestarter proc for a little bit more dmg, and shorten the length of your next fire rotation by instant casting fire3, i might be wrong here because i don't feel like doing ALL the math right now, feeling a bit disenchanted since i haven't played in a few days because internet at home is down due to what the south calls "winter weather"

For a single target:

Flare is 4s cast 260 potency -> 65 pot/sec
    Fire is 2.5s cast 150 potency -> 60 pot/sec

So it's no real loss in DPS, but that said you may be better off just using Convert and getting in 2 more Fire 1s (with possible FS procs) into your rotation rather than a Flare and a Fire 1.

Considering the DPS difference between the 2 spells is so small for a single target an FS proc could easily tip the scale, if not then you haven't really lost much anyway.

edit: beaten

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    but you can use transpose to get AF1 up for the firestarter proc for a little bit more dmg, and shorten the length of your next fire rotation by instant casting fire3
    I'm wrong there, either way the wait until your next spell is 2.5 seconds, with UI3 the fire3 cast time is shorter than 2.5, and with FS proc you have 2.5 sec to wait on GCD anyway....so I'm going to recant and say, meh, probably going to be really close to even either way you do it, I think the ignore flare method will actually give you less by a very small margin...so it will probably depend more on, what is the target about to do? do you have 4~ seconds to wait on that cast, or is garuda/titan/w/e about to disappear and you will only be able to fit fire1 in.

Edit: if someone is able to parse this out on dummies and post that would be very helpful, I'm sure it's a small margin though.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So is the BiS set items listed in the OP up to date or should I be looking at different items? Was surprised to see BiS head and body being allagan when all I ever see are blms with myth body and head.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

People probably are using Myth Body for the accuracy in coil at least. Allagan Body is a straight DPS upgrade over it for content where accuracy isn't a factor; keep in mind it's also... an Allagan drop so who knows whether they even have it. Using Allagan Head over Myth is again another matter of accuracy and what other gear people have available.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It's my understanding that Allagan body only become BiS when you get Allagan scepter because you now longer need the ACC

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay, so seeing as I don't have a T5 group and don't have Allagan body yet, it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to just get the Myth body right? I do have Allagan Head though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    People probably are using Myth Body for the accuracy in coil at least. Allagan Body is a straight DPS upgrade over it for content where accuracy isn't a factor; keep in mind it's also... an Allagan drop so who knows whether they even have it. Using Allagan Head over Myth is again another matter of accuracy and what other gear people have available.
    Allagan drops man, shit is annoying. Been doing coil every week since mid September and still haven't had a single tank body drop. I can see blm body being the same deal for another group.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, if you can't clear T5 or don't have scepter/ancient shield combo then use mytho body for accuracy. Outside of coil I rock my allagan body. But like people said, allagan is fucking allagan. I've only seen the caster body drop once and I won the lot on it.

Or just manipulate your gear set to hit the acc cap, 432 or 428 I think it was for caster dps.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Definitely higher than 430. I had the most unfortunate miss on a dreadnought on T4 last week while at 430. Though I could squeeze by without refreshing my food but nope! I usually shoot for 434 right now.

I don't think anyone's tested whether direction effects magic attack accuracy the way it does physical.

(I personally doubt it does but it could explain certain observed discrepancies)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How does direction affect physical? Never heard that

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's possible. I'm certain my missed cast was when I was at the rear however.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    How does direction affect physical? Never heard that
    I think he may be refering to directional combos. IE, attacking from flank will bump a move to 100 potency to 150

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

No, there's been some buzz going around that physical accuracy requirements are different at front/side/back. This is why most people report their very occasional misses on Turn 5 snakes, and tank are expected to have higher accuracy.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I figured it was only a matter of time. Facing NE on lightday while singing a french opera song irl will increase your crit hate rate

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    No, there's been some buzz going around that physical accuracy requirements are different at front/side/back. This is why most people report their very occasional misses on Turn 5 snakes, and tank are expected to have higher accuracy.
    ^

Someone did a test and parsed that melee attack accuracy varies based on direction, front is the largest penalty, side is less, rear is least, it explains why tanks have observed higher ACC requirements for BC than melee.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Puro had a fairly large sample size for 432. I can personally attest to never missing with 432 ACC since that's where my current set places me. Pretty sure direction isn't considered for our purposes, at least.

Just curious to the BLMs in this thread: what do your coil drop numbers look like?

Six months of turn 4 and no pants on this end. Nearing the 6th month of turn 5 and no scepter. We've seen the body once maybe.

Anyone else having trouble with a particular piece? I saw the head drop for the first time a week ago as well. However, I've seen the earring/wrists/ring multiple times.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For the months I've been going...

Head, three times
    Ring, two times
    Body, once
    wrist, two times
    feet, once
    belt, twice
    earring, twice
    legs, once

Not amazing to go off of, RNG etc. Past few weeks been shitting out tank drops or pieces I already have :u so can't complain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast