+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Preorders now available on AmiAmi and HobbyJapan
    Note that prices will not include shipping.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

That's somewhat strange to reprint a book that in the greater scope of things isn't really relevant anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's an amazing opportunity for people who missed out on it in the first place. I'm just not sure exactly what the motivations are, or if we should be reading into it. We know X is coming for Wii U, but there's no actual connection to the original Xenogears.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Square is probably going to make money off the reprint, and if you read the latest interview with Wada SE is now all about those safe, dependable dollars with minimal effort. Hypothetically speaking, it's possible this is a litmus test for future Squaresoft/Square Enix sourcebook reprints. Something like The Art of Final Fantasy IX similarly would not cost them much to reprint and sell very well even without advertising. People's be hungry for reminders of Squaresoft's glory days!

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Square is probably going to make money off the reprint, and if you read the latest interview with Wada SE is now all about those safe, dependable dollars with minimal effort. Hypothetically speaking, it's possible this is a litmus test for future Squaresoft/Square Enix sourcebook reprints. Something like The Art of Final Fantasy IX similarly would not cost them much to reprint and sell very well even without advertising. People's be hungry for reminders of Squaresoft's glory days!
    Don't forget about The Sky finally being released in English after the original Japanese release came out over a decade ago! I'd be curious if the reason for this reprint wasn't a surge in popularity or something overseas. It certainly seems to be a cult hit at best over on this side.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Arliman View Post
    That's somewhat strange to reprint a book that in the greater scope of things isn't really relevant anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's an amazing opportunity for people who missed out on it in the first place. I'm just not sure exactly what the motivations are, or if we should be reading into it. We know X is coming for Wii U, but there's no actual connection to the original Xenogears.
    Its easy money. Guys like me who fucking loved Xenogears and missed the chance to nab one of these beauties the first time around will fork over cash to have one.

Xenogears... what could have been...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Xenogears... what could have been...
    What X might be...

don't give up hope yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tiny Bump.

So how very ghetto would it be of me to buy this PW Wallscroll and cut off the plastic mounts and frame it?

My other option is to take a HQ scan of it and go to a print shop to have it turned into a poster. Has anyone done that before? Does it turn out well?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Got mine yesterday. It's distinguishable from the original so it's unlikely to lose value.
    Still a gorgeous book.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Tiny Bump.

So how very ghetto would it be of me to buy this PW Wallscroll and cut off the plastic mounts and frame it?

My other option is to take a HQ scan of it and go to a print shop to have it turned into a poster. Has anyone done that before? Does it turn out well?
    Very ghetto. The text-less PW cover scan I mentioned in the last page I had printed in a glossy and matte versions and mailed to my house by Wal-Mart.com for ~$10 bucks. My frame cost more because it was custom cut and matched for a zero border space. I have since had museum glass cut for it so it has extremely low reflective glare. No Sophia print done yet.

My PW book is still in the mail. Then goes on the shelf next to all my highly illegal Xeno paraphernalia.