+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 438 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Do they have stuff like godfests in PAD? I have enough for a roll, and was wondering if I should do that or expand my box.

And are there any facilities I should prioritize?
    Not sure exactly what a godfest is, but there are special 1-hour events (3 times a week) where you can do a special vortex stage that awards very high XP (when fused) units. The time is based on the last digit of your user ID (apparently when it was all at once the servers died). Anywho, the chart for that is on the their facebook page and the wiki.

As for facilities, mostly they haven't been a huge factor that I've seen so far, and you can upgrade evenly without problem from what I've seen.

Edit: there are times when your summon is more likely than average to be a specific element, but I don't know where that info comes from. As for having a chance at anything 5-star or unique, I don't believe there is such a thing.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Do they have stuff like godfests in PAD? I have enough for a roll, and was wondering if I should do that or expand my box.

And are there any facilities I should prioritize?
    They had an event last week where you were more likely to get light elements from Honor Summon, but I have not seen anything like God fests on their FB page.

I've been spending all my stones on pulls since you have 50 slots to store stuff which is a lot more than you start with for PAD. So far I haven't had any problems with space other than I have to sell some junk or fuse batches of 5 of the same mob for BB skill ups.

I'm still learning the game too though to be honest.

I've prioritized Synthesis and Sphere upgrades. I've gotten spheres that produce more burst crystals and heart crystals as well as 10% to stats which are nice. I think I'm at level 10 synthesis and the next level is high cures which would be good to have. Also, it helps to have a revive or two for those really important encounters where you need your unit back. They're made from synthesis with Honor Drops.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I got Jamison's leader just now. Holy Knight Will? 50% light damage

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    I got Jamison's leader just now. Holy Knight Will? 50% light damage
    Just wait. I pulled God Blade Mifune (4-star dark) today, and if I can get three more metal gods, I can cap it out.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This is what I'm currently working with. I took it to the arena today and I'm 12-1 so far. Happy about that. I'll sub out the yellow for light eventually, but for now those high levels stay for obvious reasons. Also about to evo the angel and dancer.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Has anyone seen Oboro drop from his vortex events?

I know it's a low chance, but I've been spamming the Lv1 Vortex when I can on work breaks just to see if I can get him. It's decent exp, money, & karma even if he doesn't drop. Oboro is cheap as hell when you fight him though, he hurts quite a bit, has a bit of HP, and can Curse you so you can't use your BB. Bring lots of potions and holy waters and probably a healer unit of some sort if you try.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I've played through it a few times with no drop. He will drop from even the lowest level so just keep trying. I've run out of green drops so now I have to farm for potions. Sucks.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I've run out of green drops so now I have to farm for potions.
    This is a thing that will happen!?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So what's good to sell or feed? From what I've seen, slimes, 1-star humans, 1-star monsters, and even the 2-star humans all give very little exp. The sprites, which are used for evo, happen to give pretty decent exp (at my level), and they seem pretty common. I have 2-4 of each from just running through the dungeons.

I plan on selling the 1-stars, maybe keeping one of each of the 2-stars, and only using extra sprites for exp. Is that a decent plan?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Anakron: In my non-professional opinion you are doing 100% what I am doing right now.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    Has anyone seen Oboro drop from his vortex events?

I know it's a low chance, but I've been spamming the Lv1 Vortex when I can on work breaks just to see if I can get him. It's decent exp, money, & karma even if he doesn't drop. Oboro is cheap as hell when you fight him though, he hurts quite a bit, has a bit of HP, and can Curse you so you can't use your BB. Bring lots of potions and holy waters and probably a healer unit of some sort if you try.
    I've been trying the second tier of that event, and it killed my whole party twice (only times I've ever had a full KO).

Unrelated, I accidentally spent a gem to recharge the arena orbs. I was tired this morning and the prompt was in the same place as for using the orb to enter so I was pretty pissed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wound up getting this guy as a starter: http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Graven. Any good? Also, how the hell do you get more characters anyways (by this I mean the kewl bad-ass looking ones, not the derpy fuse fodder you get after every battle)? Just playing through quests? Alsooooo, I know fusing units causes you to lose the character you used for the fuse, but can you only use crappy characters? I don't want to accidentally fuse some super-rare character and lose it. Aaaand is fusion basically the only way to level up your individual characters? And last question for now... how do I evolve my characters into their stronger forms? Sorry for all the questions, but this game looks legit entertaining, and I don't really like too many phone games.

EDIT: Oh wtf, the free dragoon looking guy they give on FB is only for iOS platforms. Android get some other random looking dude.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    I wound up getting this guy as a starter: http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Graven. Any good?
    Looks to have high defense, but lower attack. His BB hits all enemies though. I'd say it's a decent starter.

Also, how the hell do you get more characters anyways (by this I mean the kewl bad-ass looking ones, not the derpy fuse fodder you get after every battle)? Just playing through quests?
    If you want the bad-ass ones, those are usually through summoning or getting them to drop their spirit when you kill them (however, even if you kill an evolved form, it still might give you it's non-evolved form). If you summon, 1 Rare Summon costs 5 gems. You get 1 gem from completing an entire area the first time (for example, clearing all the fire levels on Mistral map). You can also buy gems from their shop with cash. Also Arena gives them out when you rank up I believe and certain events will reward them.

There's also Honor Summons, which cost 200 Honor points for 1 summon. You get honor points by completing levels with a reinforcement they make you pick before battling. If that reinforcement happens to be a person on your friends list that you haven't used within 24 hours, you get 10 honor points. If the reinforcement is a random person, you get 5 honor points. Friends can also gift each other 10 honor points once every 24 hours, or another gift from a list.

is fusion basically the only way to level up your individual characters? And last question for now... how do I evolve my characters into their stronger forms?
    Yes, fusion is the only way. Once you fuse your characters to their max levels, you can evolve them to their next forms if they have one and if you have the proper material units (ghosts, mimics, idols, etc.). They then start over at lv1 after evolving, but maintain most, if not all, of their stats or even get stronger sometimes. Their stats will have a higher max though even if they do take a minor dip when you evolve them.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I wound up getting this guy as a starter: http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Graven. Any good? Also, how the hell do you get more characters anyways (by this I mean the kewl bad-ass looking ones, not the derpy fuse fodder you get after every battle)? Just playing through quests? Alsooooo, I know fusing units causes you to lose the character you used for the fuse, but can you only use crappy characters? I don't want to accidentally fuse some super-rare character and lose it. Aaaand is fusion basically the only way to level up your individual characters? And last question for now... how do I evolve my characters into their stronger forms? Sorry for all the questions, but this game looks legit entertaining, and I don't really like too many phone games.

EDIT: Oh wtf, the free dragoon looking guy they give on FB is only for iOS platforms. Android get some other random looking dude.
    I believe rare characters (3-star or higher) can come randomly at very, very low rates from boss stages. But normally you are spending 5 gems at a time for a Rare Summon that will always be 3-stars or higher. Some 2-stars can evolve as far as 4-stars and be rather decent characters in their own right.

You'll get one gem for each area you clear (so like 7-8 per map? 3 maps in the game), and each time you rank up in the arena -- so you'll get the chance to add a number of additional good characters over the course of the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Eh, seems fair enough. Two more questions! Is using crafted potions the only way to cure your characters? Aaand whats the maximum level a character can hit (and thus the level needed to be able to evolve)?

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Crafted potions is one way. But there are units that can heal with their Brave Burst attacks as well. Any form of Phoenix, Alneu, or Altro are supposedly the better healers in the game so far. Pheonix heals with his BB over 3 turns, while the trees Alneu and Altro heal instantly and remove all status effects.

Each character has their own max level, you have to look at them individually.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Couple more questions! Is the only use for Karma points to upgrade the different parts of your town? Also, whats the whole point of the little slime looking guys that say Max Level? Got a couple when I opened the little bonus treasure chest thing on the main menu, but no clue what they're for since their stats suck. Alsooo are all Arena fights basically automated? I went 2-1 on a couple earlier, but I didn't have any control over what my characters did.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Couple more questions! Is the only use for Karma points to upgrade the different parts of your town? Also, whats the whole point of the little slime looking guys that say Max Level? Got a couple when I opened the little bonus treasure chest thing on the main menu, but no clue what they're for since their stats suck. Alsooo are all Arena fights basically automated? I went 2-1 on a couple earlier, but I didn't have any control over what my characters did.
    Karma does upgrades, but also making spheres uses it as well.

The "slimes" are purely good XP for fusing. Anything already at 1/1 "max" level is either solely for XP, or an evolution material (which also are rather nice XP).

Arena is all automated, and the AI isn't great. After you see the level and leader of your match-up, you can still back out if you don't like it (but you get less points if you cherry-pick lower levels). I use a different squad for arena with no healers. Mostly it's about hoping you can completely knock out one guy in the first round so that on retaliation there are only 4 guys left.

Edit: I'm not saying this is 100% optimal, but it seems like once you are on the second map the best way to farm anything (zel, xp, karama, zel, fusing or evolution mats) is through the vortex daily quests.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Jiminy Christmas... level 2 of the Golden Vault can be 40k zel per run. That may be the only thing I do all weekend so I have enough to evolve a couple of characters.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Jiminy Christmas... level 2 of the Golden Vault can be 40k zel per run. That may be the only thing I do all weekend so I have enough to evolve a couple of characters.
    Two of my characters seem to be able to up the drop rate if they use a brave attack on the enemy. I've been doing that on the boss + jewel monsters of the lv 2 dungeon and man I am bankrolling...