+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 438 FirstFirst ... 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I sent out a couple more friend requests - my comment has BG Forum Member Kachiko.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

holy shit they made a BF official artbook:

http://imgur.com/kEd4UUU

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

To 10 popular unites got special portraits, the rest were rank 11-30, with their normal portraits. I like how most of them look.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Decided to do michele ggc, beat it! Then i got trolled by duel gx at the end, so i did it again and just threw an angel idol and auto-attacked the troll duel to win. Now for sefia/kkr, i just don't get kkr's bullshit ass instant kill. Does she only do it when leader skills are down? Do i have to guard those phases?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I still haven't beaten the Kikuri and Sefia one >_<

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I know as far as buffs go, the order of importance is Crit > Attack > Spark. Where does BB Attack boost fall into this?

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I sent out a couple more friend requests - my comment has BG Forum Member Kachiko.
    Let me know if you need a healer, I can leave my Ivris as lead for a while

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I know as far as buffs go, the order of importance is Crit > Attack > Spark. Where does BB Attack boost fall into this?
    BB/SBB/UBB function the same as attack buffs, but only apply towards BB and not normal attacks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, Arena is kind of a crap shot, at my level; should I even be bothering with it right now? There's always a daily task, for it, but between refreshing, for a possible opponent, that I barely, if even, squeeze out a win, doesn't seem that worth while. Some of the rewards, look nice, but that's a hell of a grind.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The thing is, to ever get rewarded from Arena, you have to do it whenever available.

Post your best units and maybe people can help you make a decent team. Units vary for viability in Arena based on hit count/BC generation and cost of BB.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

is +crit really the best buff anymore ? could have sworn it was elemental typing and spark before crit especially since so many things are crit resistant anymore anyways ?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just meant if you were using all the buffs to full effect your first SBB would be the crit one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, Arena is kind of a crap shot, at my level; should I even be bothering with it right now? There's always a daily task, for it, but between refreshing, for a possible opponent, that I barely, if even, squeeze out a win, doesn't seem that worth while. Some of the rewards, look nice, but that's a hell of a grind.

It's quite the grind. To get the last rank and award it takes literally 3 years of doing Arena every hour on the hour. Pretty much you HAVE to gem to get the higher ranks in a "timely" manner. But... there are quite a few unique spheres, and lots of gems to be collected from advancing your Arena rank. So it's very much worth it.

Like Tyrath said, Units vary for viability in Arena based on hit count/BC generation and cost of BB. So there's lots of way to build decent arena teams. In a nutshell, you need to have 5 units, bare minimum of 3* level at the low arena ranks, preferably 4*. As you move up in ranks, you want higher level units obviously.

The thing is, to ever get rewarded from Arena, you have to do it whenever available.
    This is what got me hooked on Brave Frontier and destroy my phone's battery. Once I started to win Arena matches, I would be using my orbs every one to two hours. It's addictive.

I just meant if you were using all the buffs to full effect your first SBB would be the crit one.
    Actually I believe you want to fire off elemental buffer first, then crit, then attack/BB mod, then Spark.

I finally got my 4th, and final, Void Chunk from Centurion. Fuck that Raid boss. Just... fuck off forever.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

I'm still trying shit is so bad .....i'm so unlucky with drops so far.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Post your best units and maybe people can help you make a decent team. Units vary for viability in Arena based on hit count/BC generation and cost of BB.
    Ice Queen Selena(4*), Hawkeye Lario(4*), Inventor Elulu(4*), Sunshine Luna(3), and Time Lord Claris (3*). I haven't used any gems, except Tutorial, as I'm waiting on indications that there's a good summon event going on. Seem to go 1-1 and not move the needle much.

Just had a match where I had killed all but one unit, all of mine were up, and then a BB wiped my entire party out. Way too random, and someone 10 levels below me will still wipe my ass in nothing flat, even if it's lead by a starter hero. I'd do better if everyone had Lario and Clair's survivability as those two are usually the last standing, win or lose.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ice Queen Selena(4*), Hawkeye Lario(4*), Inventor Elulu(4*), Sunshine Luna(3), and Time Lord Claris (3*). I haven't used any gems, except Tutorial, as I'm waiting on indications that there's a good summon event going on. Seem to go 1-1 and not move the needle much.

Just had a match where I had killed all but one unit, all of mine were up, and then a BB wiped my entire party out. Way too random, and someone 10 levels below me will still wipe my ass in nothing flat, even if it's lead by a starter hero. I'd do better if everyone had Lario and Clair's survivability as those two are usually the last standing, win or lose.
    Yeah, what I meant was that you should not use gems for Arena Orbs. It's pointless really.

To win, you pretty much want your first turn to generate as much BC as you can so most, if not all your units have a full BB gauge. That way on your next turn, you have a unit hopefully fire off a BB to kill the other team.

There's actual strategy behind how Arena works, every unit has their own type of Arena AI, which will determine what unit they will attack and if they will use their BB or not. This Reddit thread is a great guide to getting a decent Arena team up and running. Check if out if you got some free time to kill.

Sybil Sisters Vortex Dungeons are back up. Farm those elemental buffers if you want! I might try to get Anima versions of the one's I got but of non-Anima typing last time the dungeon was open.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Don't put any Healers or Buffers, just straight DD, attack and crit units that have AOE BBs. You can have maybe one unit that isn't AOE BB. Make sure you equip DD spheres too.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm glad I got lucky with my Void Chunk drops because Centurion is an ass.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I tried to solo Centurion, and ran out of time LOL

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I tried to solo Centurion, and ran out of time LOL
    His AI is compete ass bullshit. He's got threshold attacks, LS lock, and buff wiping. If you plan on opening a room, definitely set the room to allow people to join midrun. Anything to speed it up and usually since you opened the room you'll get more contribution points.

I usually put a Beacon in my battle item set simply to use during the fight to get free contribution points. Also, if no one joins your room and you manage to kill the boss by yourself, using an item automatically gives you two stars which is nice.

Edit: I somehow managed to finish Frontier Hunter at rank 4907 (unofficial). I missed a a few orbs and pretty much OTKO Terminus getting around 1.5mil a run. Not going to complain; Tilith is mine now! Well, once they finish calculating the scores.