1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Was using Atomos as an example, I should have noted. I don't do PUG groups for anything but CT.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ever get a reply from SE regarding your APP? It seems that ZAM has re-quoted the SE rep quote about tunneling software as their proof that the FFXIV-APP is sanctioned and ok to use, and has locked the thread on their site about the warning and potential ban given so they can turn a blind eye to the question of whether it's ok or not to use. I don't care whether it's ok to use or not. I will still be using it. Until they say it's ok to use it's not I guess and you can't talk about it or quote any DPS #'s for fear of your account. I can also see that although there was overwhelming support on their site to get an answer about it, they ignored the issue in their Live Letter and didn't address it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    What fkin Forums do you people think you're actually in? OF is here.

I would get irritated too if someone that kept DPSing like Shit, on fkin Atomos of all things, thinking that they are really good at the game while they're not. Monks was a fkin Whino and should have told the guy to fk off like a gamer, not a little bitch, and then spend the next 5 hours on a training dummy figuring out his gd Rotation.
    I hear yah. It's been diluted for quite some time.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Skip 6 minutes in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    If a significant amount of your population is using parsers, maybe your game needs a parser.
    I'd rather SE work on other things then a parser.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Except they already have some form of working parser, proven by the post-game PVP screen.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The main point of the thread is that using parsers is technically a violation of ToS. Admitting to using one, even indirectly, is the only way they can catch and enforce these violations. Don't do it, or if you do, do it at your own risk. I don't see how that's derailing the point at all.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://gamerescape.com/2014/02/12/ps...naoki-yoshida/

GE: Recently, there has been noise from players about parsers, mods and third-party applications being used with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and about people getting warned, suspended or even banned by GMs for using such applications. There was also mention of a plug-in API for the game. We were wondering what the policy was, your stance on it, and how you were approaching these issues. Some players are a bit worried and don’t want to get banned.

Yoshida: This is a very difficult question to answer. We are first and foremost a software company, and as a software company we cannot really approve of anyone modifying our product in any way. We wold prefer it if everyone played within the original design of the software, otherwise we can’t really guarantee the quality of the product itself. Officially, the policy is that any additions or modification to the game are against the rules and privacy policy and when playing our game, everyone has to have gone through the steps to agree to the Terms and Conditions when you sign up.

However, I too am a hardcore PC gamer so I understand that there are a lot of plug-ins and add-ons available to many games. So as a PC gamer, all I can really say is “Please, don’t get caught.” If you are going to use add-ons and plug-ins please be discrete about it. Don’t go around telling your friends you mod the game on chat, or ask a GM if using such an add-on is ok. We can’t really go around and check if add-ons and plug-ins will work with our game and debug it, and check that it doesn’t break anything – its too much. Really what it comes down to is I can’t really say “Yes” to these things, and players have to realize that by using an application that accesses game files that they are the ones that are assuming the risk of viruses and possibly compromising their account.

And as you probably know, Final Fantasy XI had a particularly strict policy on this kind of thing, so there are quite a few players out there who moved from XI to XIV who definitely view any kind of add-on to the game as bad. So please, just be discrete if you will be using tools or add-ons.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Questions asked . . .
    Answers given . . .
    Ksan and Link . . .

SHUT THE FUCK UP