Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Title : Quieter of Ancient Thoughts
    SAM, SAM, SAM, MNK, WHM, SMN and... 8 mules (1 COR, 2 BRDs, 1 SCH and 4 CORs only for Wild Card).
    Perfect Defense > Yaegasumi > Shock Squall > Perfect Defense > Astral Conduit Shock Squall.

Eight mules and Ten~ 2hours, yeah, that sounds like balanced content.

And all for an item that gets replaced in a week, not really my kinda thing.

(opinions etc)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anomie View Post
    And all for a title that lasts forever
    ftfy

How exactly did the timing on using 2 perfect defenses work out? Use it, drop to a 4 cor party, reset, drop back, enter? Isn't 20-30 seconds of the first wasted (if not more) already at that point?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

SMN 2hr stays active for 3 minutes. You can just keep it on while having the recast already up.

Thanks. Clearly my knowledge of summoner is lacking. So Astral Flow, cor reset, enter, PD, good to go again when it's off. Gotcha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah back in the day a common strat for poor people who couldn't afford meds/juices for the mini tuning fork fights was to use 2hr log out for an hour then go in for double 2hr. Though don't think that would work now

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah back in the day a common strat for poor people who couldn't afford meds/juices for the mini tuning fork fights was to use 2hr log out for an hour then go in for double 2hr. Though don't think that would work now
    thank god, 2 hour locking was bad enough as it was (tabula rasa locking with embrava), now all there is left to do for the Devs is limit brd songs and cor rolls to a max number like 5 songs/2 rolls per party. SE should have wiped out brd rotation when that trend started years ago. This is partially (other ones being later PD and Embrava) the reason why sometimes insane content was released

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I think if the brd drops the songs should drop too.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wont lie, but these strats of "have 5 brd mules sing songs and 3 cor mules put buffs up" is pretty fucking stupid and hope SE finds a way to adjust it.

Cant help but think this is why SE had buffs wear when entering BC's in the past.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The odd part is SE says they design this content with making it difficult but doable without going to extremes like outside buffers or using r/e/m... I think there idea of difficult and ours might differ lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I would completely welcome the end of BRD swaps. I'm sure that fight is doable by conventional methods, it's just a lot more difficult. I think that fight was their attempt at making BLM useful for something based on fetters. Something like PLD PLD RNG RNG BRD SMN might work if both plds can avoid getting hate reset at the same time.

HOLY shit y'all are reading my damn mind, fucking hate this concept of bard rotations. Content being designed around 12 songs is just maximum retardation, loosing more and more interest.

Probably the only time in the entire history of the game you'll actually hear me agree that something should be nerfed.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I wont lie, but these strats of "have 5 brd mules sing songs and 3 cor mules put buffs up" is pretty fucking stupid and hope SE finds a way to adjust it.

Cant help but think this is why SE had buffs wear when entering BC's in the past.
    I thought they always wore for capped and never for uncapped.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That is the case, but many fights were capped to 75, thus killing your buffs/TP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The odd part is SE says they design this content with making it difficult but doable without going to extremes like outside buffers or using r/e/m... I think there idea of difficult and ours might differ lol
    Considering these BCs come with difficulty settings, I'm not sure how one could expect Very Difficult of any of the BCs to not require more top end equipment/buffs. Perhaps this BC's Very Difficult version could use a touch of adjusting, but the other difficulties are doable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    Considering these BCs come with difficulty settings, I'm not sure how one could expect Very Difficult of any of the BCs to not require more top end equipment/buffs. Perhaps this BC's Very Difficult version could use a touch of adjusting, but the other difficulties are doable.
    I think part of it is SE specifically said when designing content they don't use rem and making even the extremely content clearable without it as long as your ilvl is high enough. Basically they say one thing but the content speaks otherwise

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Outside of 4song bard we've done the Eald without any other REMS, outside of Ochain you can do the AAs without any rems on VD. But Kam ... I just don't see how you can do very difficult without some kind of gimmick because he really is a bag of dicks in terms of AI.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just because we happened to have cleared it using 3 mythics, 3 relics, and 3 empys, along with a total of 14 characters for a 6-man event, doesn't mean it's the only way the content can be done.
    It seems there is just a general lack of people trying new strategies at all compared to even several months ago. So yes, our 3+ minutes of gil-fueled invincibility seems ridiculous to clear content, but there is no way that it is necessary. There is an additional 26 minutes to clear the battlefield and I'm sure tons of tweaks that could be made to attempts so far to make it work on VD. People just need to do more attempts on VD, or even SOME attempts on VD before you go crying for content or job nerfs.

Nerf BRD rotations? lol. They aren't hard to do. Play with less sucky players, and that's coming from me.

I know it's been/being beaten to death but your average players can barely comprehend gearswapping, let alone bard rotating.

Someone always screws it up, it's the whole weakest link scenario, one little mistake costs hours of prep/shout/frustration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast