+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4637741.html

“Sex with Google Glass,” a new app for the wearable technology, lets you watch -- and record -- yourself having sex from all angles and even “see what your partner can see,” the app’s website claims. The app operates on command and works like this: Just say, “OK Glass, it’s time,” and Glass will stream to you and your partner what you each can see; when you’re ready to finish just say, “OK Glass, pull out.”
    when you’re ready to finish just say, “OK Glass, pull out.”
    “OK Glass, pull out.”

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Maybe they did that so the app/recording will turn off during many rapes? I dunno about the OK glass part, fine.

Sure is Black Mirror up in here

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Sure is Black Mirror up in here
    this series is a must-watch

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The thing about the FBI and the movie industry that pisses me off is I don't want my tax dollars going to protect private industry. Just another example of corporate America getting the state in their back pocket. I'll expect more scenarios like these to play out in the future. The state has no business playing nanny.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    I read a story a while back about pirates using hearing-impared FM broadcast signals in order to get clean audio for their rips. I don't think it's a commonly offered service however.
    Some theaters offer headphone jacks too, that can be recorded from.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads View Post
    The thing about the FBI and the movie industry that pisses me off is I don't want my tax dollars going to protect private industry. Just another example of corporate America getting the state in their back pocket. I'll expect more scenarios like these to play out in the future. The state has no business playing nanny.
    Wait, you don't want the police to investigate theft?

We can debate how serious a crime it is, but there is no denying its a crime.

lol theft....come on man, this is 2014. How long is that old talking point going to be echoed?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i wonder if people with eidetic memory could be charged with movie piracy

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just wanna say that those that think these google glasses were necessary for the dude because of the prescription, I highly doubt this. Article said he got the prescription only two weeks previously.

It's not like your old pair gets sent into the fiery sun when you get a new pair. Sure he might have been using them full time, but he could also not be a dumbass and bring his old pair for situations like the movie theatre.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Maybe his old pair was an old prescription.

Still let's not pretend it's your constitutional right to wear a video recording device wherever you want.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Maybe his old pair was an old prescription.
    I doubt it would be so old that he couldn't see the movie with them considering he only replaced them two weeks prior.

If he could afford google goggles with a prescription, I think it'd be silly to assume he was previously running around with like 15 year old glasses that he could barely see through.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's fine and dandy to claim that in this case but what happens when someone has had google glass prescription for years and doesn't have an old spare any more?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    It's fine and dandy to claim that in this case but what happens when someone has had google glass prescription for years and doesn't have an old spare any more?
    They're an idiot for not keeping a spare for places google glasses doesn't belong?

I mean, that shit is over $1000, if you can afford that but can't afford $100 bucks for a spare, you probably shouldn't be buying the google glasses in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    They're an idiot for not keeping a spare for places google glasses doesn't belong?

I mean, that shit is over $1000, if you can afford that but can't afford $100 bucks for a spare, you probably shouldn't be buying the google glasses in the first place.
    ^ Gotta agree with that sentiment lol. Fucking people dropping $$ on tech they don't need (looking at you Apple bullshit!)

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Anyone who's buying google glass is not behaving reasonably, so yeah..

Also, how many of you keep an extra pair of glasses? I got my current pair after my last broke and only have an extra because of that free glasses deal that someone posted on here a couple years ago. And those are in a drawer in my nightstand. Let's say I was out with people and they suggested we go see a movie. What then? Do I have to go home and get my glasses because I wasn't thinking and grabbed my google glass, which is my normal pair of glasses which I wear everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post

Also, how many of you keep an extra pair of glasses?
    I have my old pair in my desk, since I got insurance with my new job and went out and got new glasses as the first thing. Then again w/o my glasses i'm legally blind and can't drive..or fucking see 3ft ahead of me, so kind of need a backup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post

Also, how many of you keep an extra pair of glasses? I got my current pair after my last broke and only have an extra because of that free glasses deal that someone posted on here a couple years ago. And those are in a drawer in my nightstand. Let's say I was out with people and they suggested we go see a movie. What then? Do I have to go home and get my glasses because I wasn't thinking and grabbed my google glass, which is my normal pair of glasses which I wear everyday?
    If you are going to buy it then ya you should keep your spare pair around.

Technically, my glasses are my spares as I wear contacts. It's good to keep those around, because I've had times where my contacts have ripped while driving.

Can't be stupid with contacts, why would people get to be stupid with google glasses?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

I think you missed the part about them having them for years. They won't be over $1000 forever.

Or maybe they were given to them as a gift. Maybe they only cost $100. Maybe they used to have a lot of money, but no longer do, and can't afford to buy new glasses if they already have a perfectly good pair. Maybe their other pair broke.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    I think you missed the part about them having them for years. They won't be over $1000 forever.

Or maybe they were given to them as a gift. Maybe they only cost $100. Maybe they used to have a lot of money, but no longer do, and can't afford to buy new glasses if they already have a perfectly good pair. Maybe their other pair broke.
    How does that in any way, shape, or form make it ok? Just because you got it as a gift doesn't mean you can use it anywhere. WhatisthisIdon'teven. Might want to ask that person to return it and get you regular glasses instead. Or sell them so you can get regular glasses. People should NOT be looking at these goggles as replacements, but as additionals.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to think you get a free pass just because they have a prescription on it.

Glasses that can shoot bullets? Use them anywhere because prescription!

The google goggles are a gimmick, a very nifty gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless. When they make it so someone who can't see with glasses can see with the goggles then we can talk about special permits (a la seeing eye dogs). Until then they are just a fun toy, that are NOT a requirement for anyone.

Good comparison thought not illegal, is most (all?) banks have a policy to not serve people with sunglasses on. As a teller back in the day, I would have to tell people to take them off before assisting them. Banks want people's full faces on cameras in case of a robbery.

Sunglasses can have prescriptions on them, but that doesn't mean you get a pass to wear them at the bank just because. Then robbers would all wear them claiming they need them to see.

Sure, some people just are dumb and don't think, but that is still THEIR fault, not the banks, and in this case not the movie theatre's. And you shouldn't get upset if you get turned away from these things when you didn't follow the rules.