Fanta
    Sprite
    Minute Maid
    Powerade
    Nestea
    Fruitopia
    Dasani
    Vitamin Water

As well as enjoy viewing the following in which Coca-Cola is a major sponsor:
    NHRA
    NASCAR
    the NBA
    the PGA Tour
    NCAA Championships
    the Olympic Games
    the NRL
    the FIFA World Cups
    the UEFA European Championships.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that having a national language is the logical and pragmatic thing to do. Bonus: if we make English the national language and kick out people who don't learn it in a reasonable amount of time,
    Serious question, do you think people not speaking English in the US is a new thing?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I am trying to find the links of people who said "Look to Budweiser on being American" which is a Belgian company....

Also, all the people switching to Pepsi when Pepsi has been strong supporter of LGBT rights and has a Hindu CEO with a Muslim second-in-command.

well to be fair pepsi is better then coke anyway

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The lack of a "I'm not racist.. but speak English (or American?)" tweet disappoints me..

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It makes me sad to see so many ignorant bigots on the same side as me... Doesn't change the fact that having a national language is the logical and pragmatic thing to do. Bonus: if we make English the national language and kick out people who don't learn it in a reasonable amount of time, can we kick out these idiots who don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'? Nothing more stereotypically ignorant than bitching that people should speak English by people who are so clearly lacking in mastery of it.
    You know, Quebec is already doing that, go see how well thats working out for them.

While I agree with the sentiment that "if you go to X place where they speak Y language, you should make an effort to speak Y language instead of expecting others to speak yours" (we dont go to Japan, France, Mexico and give their civilians shit for not speaking english), saying anyone who isnt 100% fluent after Z time should be kicked out is fucking stupid.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Pepsi in a can > coke in a can

Coke in a glass > pepsi in a glass

SCIENCE (idk, it's fucking true though)

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

It makes me sad to see so many ignorant bigots on the same side as me... Doesn't change the fact that having a national language is the logical and pragmatic thing to do. Bonus: if we make English the national language and kick out people who don't learn it in a reasonable amount of time, can we kick out these idiots who don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'? Nothing more stereotypically ignorant than bitching that people should speak English by people who are so clearly lacking in mastery of it.
    This has NOTHING to do with the add or the outrage over it. Did they specify in the commercial that all of those people are not multilingual? Did they specify that they can't speak English?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Saying this will be grounds for deportation when I am President.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Serious question, do you think people not speaking English in the US is a new thing?
    Of course not, but just because it's always been this way doesn't mean it should or has to continue.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The lack of a "I'm not racist.. but speak English (or American?)" tweet disappoints me..
    There were plenty of those on Coke's Facebook but I'm afraid to re-open Pandora's box.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Of course not, but just because it's always been this way doesn't mean it should or has to continue.
    Except you are treating it as a big problem, when we've functioned just fine for over 200 years.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also, as zoober mentioned, just because someone can sing a song in another language doesn't mean they can't speak English. This has fuck all to do with the commercial.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Yes, you are quite the master of English. Please, teach me your amazing Jedi ways.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

What does anything you are saying have to do with the commercial or the outrage over it? Are you going to outlaw people knowing other languages when you make English the official language? Are you going to ask people to abandon their culture when they assimilate into the USA?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    What does anything you are saying have to do with the commercial or the outrage over it? Are you going to outlaw people knowing other languages when you make English the official language? Are you going to ask people to abandon their culture when they assimilate into the USA?
    They need to be baptized in freedom. In America you speak American. #BoycottCoke

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't drink soda but I'm buying some fucking Coke and every conservative asstard whose bumper sticker says something about Coke is getting a Coke left on their car.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I went to the Coca Cola Facebook page. Never again.

Also, Pepsi is better anyway.

/animenerdangle "The song is better in its original language! It conveys more emotion!"

Take that, dub-haters!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I wonder how many of these people will still consume:
    Fanta
    Sprite
    Minute Maid
    Powerade
    Nestea
    Fruitopia
    Dasani
    Vitamin Water

As well as enjoy viewing the following in which Coca-Cola is a major sponsor:
    NHRA
    NASCAR
    the NBA
    the PGA Tour
    NCAA Championships
    the Olympic Games
    the NRL
    the FIFA World Cups
    the UEFA European Championships.
    It's ok Nynja, we're good. Hockey isn't listed!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

COKE IS DESTROYING OUR PROTECTION ONE COMMERCIAL AT A TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You know, Quebec is already doing that, go see how well thats working out for them.

While I agree with the sentiment that "if you go to X place where they speak Y language, you should make an effort to speak Y language instead of expecting others to speak yours" (we dont go to Japan, France, Mexico and give their civilians shit for not speaking english), saying anyone who isnt 100% fluent after Z time should be kicked out is fucking stupid.
    Quebec is going far above and beyond simply having a national language. I'm not saying that all restaurants can only provide menus in English or anything like that. But I would bet someone from Quebec would be extremely pissed if they tried to order in a restaurant and found the server couldn't speak French. I'm looking at this from the perspective of people interacting with people. Quebec is trying their damndest to preserve a culture in a country that overwhelmingly doesn't want it (from my perception of Canada).

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    This has NOTHING to do with the add or the outrage over it. Did they specify in the commercial that all of those people are not multilingual? Did they specify that they can't speak English?
    I'm aware, and the very first thing I admitted was that the people reacting in this manner to the ad (advertisement has only one 'd') are bigots. That doesn't mean we can't have a conversation about the concept of a national language and detach it from these inbred nationalistic morons. For the record, I have no problem with the ad whatsoever. However, I do think it would be better if it were in English, and the various people shown sang it in English. The other languages were clearly an artistic choice to emphasize how accepting we/the company are of other cultures/peoples, when I think that's demonstrated completely by simply having those other cultures/peoples in the ad. Even better, I think having those various peoples singing in English would show unity (we are all Americans first and foremost, your ethnic heritage comes second), and emphasize that what people look like doesn't matter.