Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

After this is released, I would honestly be very interested in the hearing postmortem perspectives of the developers, though only if they were uncensored. I have to wonder how much of this is actually their vision, and how much of it is a forced aping of recent Sonic game mechanics—or if they are, in fact, entirely guilty of deliberately creating little more than a clone.

The boss battles, at the very least, do look more interesting than practically anything that the Sonic franchise has done in a long time, but they still aren't particularly compelling.

Also, those designs are and will forever be total ass.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Thanks, hedgehogs don't seem like cool pets anymore after seeing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    After this is released, I would honestly be very interested in the hearing postmortem perspectives of the developers, though only if they were uncensored. I have to wonder how much of this is actually their vision, and how much of it is a forced aping of recent Sonic game mechanics—or if they are, in fact, entirely guilty of deliberately creating little more than a clone.

The boss battles, at the very least, do look more interesting than practically anything that the Sonic franchise has done in a long time, but they still aren't particularly compelling.

Also, those designs are and will forever be total ass.
    I'm fairly sure the upper management are deluded and the developers are stupid. That's all that comes to mind whenever I see pictures or gameplay. Not that there was much of anything in that trailer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Meet the Characters of Sonic Boom
    Spoiler: show

• Old Tucker

Old Tucker is a happy go lucky farmer who mistakenly took the easy route to grow his village’s crops. Despite some setbacks, he is still able to spread his funny, southern charm with the villagers. Old Tucker is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Hayward

Hayward, the hopeless farmhand, is a dreamer who constantly wants to go above and beyond to prove himself to others around him. Always looking to be a part of something bigger, something that makes a difference, he is in search for a reason or way to help to just show what he can do. Hayward is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Salty

Salty is the self-proclaimed captain of the ocean. He is overly confident in his domain and does not care to take the opinions of others around him into consideration. His egocentric attitude is apparent, even though his words and actions are not always justified. In Salty’s world, it’s his way or the seaway! Salty is in the Sonic Boom animation and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Pepper

Pepper, a sailor like his brother Salty, was raised by his father to sail the open seas, but was never respected by his brother. When left a nautical compass by their father, Salty took it for himself and they haven’t spoken since. Now Pepper captains his own ship with a keen understanding about the ways of the seas, a poetic sensibility, and occasional battle with Salty on the open waters. Pepper is in the Sonic Boom animation and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Q-N-C

Q-N-C (pronounced “Quincy”) is the main guide through both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Sonic Boom. Created by the evil mastermind Lyric, Q-N-C is an ancient robot whose wires were crossed and can now think for itself. Shedding its evil past, Q-N-C aims to please and help people whenever possible. Q-N-C is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

• Hokey and Pokey

Hokey and Pokey have been married for over 175 years and have an everlasting spark between them…until that spark is lit and the bickering begins! Always poking fun at each other and arguing over who knows best, this elderly couple proves there is a soul mate for everyone. Hokey and Pokey are in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Perci

Perci is beautiful yet tough as nails; her street smarts and tough exterior allow her to be ready to protect the town when the time comes. Perci is in the Sonic Boom animation and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Foreman Fred

Foreman Fred is in way over his head and knows it. Promoted too early – and probably without merit – he knows the rules and regulations but just doesn’t know how to apply them. The fact that he’s not the quickest on his feet, only makes matters worse. Foreman Fred is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Doc Ginger

Doc Ginger’s strong southern charm and kindness should never be mistaken for weakness. Even during the most frantic of situations she remains calm, levelheaded and unafraid to provide the team with sweet but stern direction. Doc Ginger is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Cliff

Cliff is the wise and well -educated elder statesman of the village who knows the history of Lyric and his metal army. Respected and trusted, he’s been searching for something for a very long time and will fulfill it anyway he sees fit. Cliff is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Chef Woody

The French master chef has prepared nearly every dish in the world and seen every kitchen. A true perfectionist of his craft, Chef Woody wants no person or thing to come between him and the perfect dish. Graceful and eloquent by nature, hot blooded in the name of cuisine. Chef Woody is in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Fastidious Beaver

Fastidious Beaver is a fussy, uptight beaver with a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fastidious Beaver is in the Sonic Boom animation and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

• Mayor Fink

Mayor Fink is a typical politician – a fast talker out of both sides of his mouth. Loud and confident, he feels in control no matter what the situation, even if he has no idea what he’s doing. Mayor Fink is in the Sonic Boom animation and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.
    http://blogs.sega.com/2014/07/23/mee...boom-universe/

Images are in order with the character details.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Most of those look more like Disney characters than Sonic characters...

They have...Sonic character elements but overall something is very wrong (and underwhelming) about all of them. But it's not like Sonic's friends are the highpoint of any Sonic game.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Someone begs to differ. (joking... kind of)

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

wtf is this

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Someone begs to differ. (joking... kind of)

Kind of. >_>

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

welp

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    welp
    Tip of the iceberg.

Purchase now to ensure disappointment! Seriously, it gets worse. You thought Colonial Marines was bad? You thought Sonic 06 was bad? This is bad.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So many things wrong with that video.
    Is Knuckles getting a beej from an old man? Why is that gigantic ship silent? Goons, attacking? Where? Why did the ship suddenly leave without doing anything? What is going on?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Clearly the vid is an alpha version of the game. Clearly.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    welp
    It's even worse than I thought...

And no. I'm not talking about the model glitch. The entire scene is horrible and looks like minimal effort was put into it.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watching some twitch today, it didn't look bad. But also not outstanding.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Clearly the vid is an alpha version of the game. Clearly.
    Zero review copies are going out according to IGN. This is a first in franchise history. SEGA has zero faith in the quality of this game.

This is the best thing that's happened in a long time. I love everything about this situation.

1 step forward, 2 giant steps back.

BG Level

Only seen 2 critic reviews so far. One mixed (50/100) and one negative (40/100). Cue the Sonic Cycle?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast