BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pandemonium Warden     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ive seen a pld solo it, i have no doubt a run can, but i highly doubt a sam can.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What would stop a sam/pld or whatever from zerging it down?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The lamps have absurd magic accuracy, so 3-4 TIV nukes would probably down you even in 119 armor.

I'm sure it's still possible, though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i highly doubt a SAM could solo it... even if they got shell buff from book before hand, by the time they got to the pop site and to the final form, the shell would wear off and those nukes would tear the SAM to shreds. If by chance the SAM could survive and get PW down to 76% then do 2hr, it should be able to beat it. I beat it solo as RDM/SAM where i dropped it from 25% to 1% with sekkanoki. video: http://youtu.be/QH1FI0gJSiI

You can always use trusts to get Protect/Shell/Haste before you pop. They might get dispelled mid fight though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sam/run with Homestead Blade for shell II, mdb 2, and sanguine blade spam!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can summon a trust during his form change, Its a small window but enough of one to get a Trust off (though maybe not with Hasso/Seigan up).

So i mean, if they died, you have a chance to reget them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

using trusts is not solo.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nitpicking at best...

But eh, going for some sort of accomplishment thing ?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i've seen trusts perform better than some of the retards that play this game.... so yea, it's not nitpicking, and you are not solo if using trusts.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess if bragging rights were up for grabs someone would give a shit rather or not its counted as solo. Still if its "without trusts" cause reasons, then yah, I doubt a SAM could do it, last stage nukes would tear them up... though I can't imagine much trouble in the other stages.

I'd still be interested in seeing someone try?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

so would I. They'd still need to bring meds, as there's a good possibility that they would get paralyzed and healing waltz getting paralyzed over and over again would be brutal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    using trusts is not solo.
    Solo- something that is done without another person

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Solo- something that is done without another person
    that definition is incorrect. solo - something that is done without another character. that is a more accurate definition. Otherwise you could say someone with multiple accounts is soloing. NPCs are characters, just non-players. They are still acting on their own, you don't tell them what to do. You are not soloing by using them. If you are using anything other than what your one character's job/sub job is and items such as meds.... you are not soloing. This includes using third party programs to bypass mechanics of the game (i.e.: POS hacking to avoid mob TP moves) as another disqualifier.

To think of it in other terms: you have a trust that gives you buffs, removes enfeebles off you, and cures you. o wait, that's a real character doing the exact same thing. Not solo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    that definition is incorrect. solo - something that is done without another character. that is a more accurate definition. Otherwise you could say someone with multiple accounts is soloing. NPCs are characters, just non-players. They are still acting on their own, you don't tell them what to do. You are not soloing by using them. If you are using anything other than what your one character's job/sub job is and items such as meds.... you are not soloing. This includes using third party programs to bypass mechanics of the game (i.e.: POS hacking to avoid mob TP moves) as another disqualifier.

To think of it in other terms: you have a trust that gives you buffs, removes enfeebles off you, and cures you. o wait, that's a real character doing the exact same thing. Not solo.
    Meh it's directly from Merriam-Webster. Though doesn't translate well to games I suppose. I would be willing to accept character if you didn't define npcs as characters. Pets also act on their own. Sure you have partial control but you also have partial control of trusts as well. Saying just job/sub sorta makes sense but then you make an exception for meds...

Think of it another way. Wyverns can heal and remove debuffs and now sorta give you buffs. Autos debuff, buffs, cures, remove enfeebles and nuke. Jugs can debuff and cure. Avatars can cure, debuff, buff, remove enfeebles, nuke. Just like trust in very limited ways they mimic characters but are not in fact characters. 2 good players duoing can be significantly better than 1 +3 trusts could ever be and by the same token worse

As Karb said you are nitpicking. It's fine if you believe it isn't. You don't have to consider it solo. You have a right to your own opinion. Just as others can consider it soloing.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Avesta is still the bar, eh?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Solo in terms of getting shit done by yourself without having to drag other people - who gives a fuck if trust is involved.

Solo in terms of "look at me im so cool i solo'd xyz", then you could question it.

This topic is clearly about the first one - getting scoria without having to bug other people for help.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Meh it's directly from Merriam-Webster. Though doesn't translate well to games I suppose. I would be willing to accept character if you didn't define npcs as characters. Pets also act on their own. Sure you have partial control but you also have partial control of trusts as well. Saying just job/sub sorta makes sense but then you make an exception for meds...

Think of it another way. Wyverns can heal and remove debuffs and now sorta give you buffs. Autos debuff, buffs, cures, remove enfeebles and nuke. Jugs can debuff and cure. Avatars can cure, debuff, buff, remove enfeebles, nuke. Just like trust in very limited ways they mimic characters but are not in fact characters. 2 good players duoing can be significantly better than 1 +3 trusts could ever be and by the same token worse

As Karb said you are nitpicking. It's fine if you believe it isn't. You don't have to consider it solo. You have a right to your own opinion. Just as others can consider it soloing.
    npc is an acronym for "non-player character"
    pets are part of the job/sub job

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Solo in terms of getting shit done by yourself without having to drag other people - who gives a fuck if trust is involved.

Solo in terms of "look at me im so cool i solo'd xyz", then you could question it.

This topic is clearly about the first one - getting scoria without having to bug other people for help.
    i wouldn't recommend not having another character with you to get scoria from killing PW. bring a bard to hang outside just in case to sac. a sleep + stun at a bad time by PW/lamps and boom, game over (especially on that last 25% when PW and lamps go apeshit).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wonder if a DRG/RDM could solo, when he summons Avatars, just Super Jump? Or would they just tag you when you land...

Instant 1.5k healing breaths though, and with the right HP set pre-cast, you can have a HB activation threshold of like 1500 HP.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmmm wonder if they buffed one for all without telling us... it used to kinda suck and seemed somewhat randomish when I tried testing it when it came out.
    Not sure but from eyeballing it, it looks like a 500ish damage magic phalanx. I do know it can't be dispelled, and I have a suspicion that it might increase status resistance to some small degree, which I oughta test sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Wonder if a DRG/RDM could solo, when he summons Avatars, just Super Jump? Or would they just tag you when you land...

Instant 1.5k healing breaths though, and with the right HP set pre-cast, you can have a HB activation threshold of like 1500 HP.
    You have a couple risks: Warden/Lamps have paralyze and curse (50%) as an added effect on one of their WS's, and Sleepga II is part of their arsenal as well. Only other thing I could think of that would be problematic in the final form is the high magic accuracy and/or Ruinous Omen dishing out just a little too much damage when you're at half (or just above half) health.