BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pandemonium Warden     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A huge threat to something like DRG/RDM is the lamp aspir spam. They will stick multiple 80+ aspirs on you, and you will find yourself out of mp quickly.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Wonder if a DRG/RDM could solo, when he summons Avatars, just Super Jump? Or would they just tag you when you land...

Instant 1.5k healing breaths though, and with the right HP set pre-cast, you can have a HB activation threshold of like 1500 HP.
    DRG would probably run into problems on the last form, even it you dodged AF.

Those adds SPAM irritating shit. Particularly stun... The aspir spam doesn't help either. And while MP would probably be fine via ethereal, having 0 MP for a few post aspir creates more window to get killed. I forget if they sleepga, but that could also be an issue. sleeping wyvern = bad. I guess mulsum could be used to wake...

Paralyze can also be an issue. But I think that's from a TP move... Terror. Also bad.

Still, I'd say it has a chance. But it might take some luck.

EDIT: Addressing the MP concerns. Sanction refresh plus a 3mp/tick drink would get a DRG/RDM the MP to HB every Tick.(4 mp stone trigger) Don't really wanna wear ares' cuirass+ 1, since it'd cost you in magic evasion. Perhaps MP is not so much an issue?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Solo in terms of getting shit done by yourself without having to drag other people - who gives a fuck if trust is involved.

Solo in terms of "look at me im so cool i solo'd xyz", then you could question it.

This topic is clearly about the first one - getting scoria without having to bug other people for help.
    Trust adds support and dps that is not controlled in any way, shape or form from the player, the act of solo is depending on yourself without the aid of anything else. If you consider anything greater than just the player, alone without any support, aid or influence of other players, npcs or anything then it is no longer considered a solo. Quit acting like you think any different just because you're a stubborn prick.

If you want to solo this PLD/DNC or potentially RUN/DNC might be your best bet, astral flow hits fairly consistantly even with ilvl119 gear on, I think others are underestimating it and haven't tried since Lv.99, it will still wipe the floor with you if you have no form of MDT or mass mitigation, scherzo wont save you because it's multiple AFs going off at once doing 300-400 damage at a time.

I would say SAM has potential to do it as well w/ Koga 119 but even the adds spells have some very strong MAB trait, and I think you would die from spell spam long before you could make it to see astral flow, at which point Yaegasumi mitigates all damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just need someone to come in here and say it's not a real solo unless you're on vanilla now because you're getting outside help from scripts etc otherwise.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you can DD+healer+BRD it np. It is possible to survive astral flow in full DT. Even if you die its not a problem, zombie it. 1 victory smite= 20%... just build TP on slimes lol. while BRD keep it DoT'ed. Thats what i do when im out of astral flows, too lazy to reset 2H.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Just need someone to come in here and say it's not a real solo unless you're on vanilla now because you're getting outside help from scripts etc otherwise.
    No meds or food either. Other people made and/or farmed it and it's not something unique to your job. Anyone can med there way to victory!

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Trust adds support and dps that is not controlled in any way, shape or form from the player, the act of solo is depending on yourself without the aid of anything else. If you consider anything greater than just the player, alone without any support, aid or influence of other players, npcs or anything then it is no longer considered a solo. Quit acting like you think any different just because you're a stubborn prick.

If you want to solo this PLD/DNC or potentially RUN/DNC might be your best bet, astral flow hits fairly consistantly even with ilvl119 gear on, I think others are underestimating it and haven't tried since Lv.99, it will still wipe the floor with you if you have no form of MDT or mass mitigation, scherzo wont save you because it's multiple AFs going off at once doing 300-400 damage at a time.

I would say SAM has potential to do it as well w/ Koga 119 but even the adds spells have some very strong MAB trait, and I think you would die from spell spam long before you could make it to see astral flow, at which point Yaegasumi mitigates all damage.
    Wow there is quite a breeze in here.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    No meds or food either. Other people made and/or farmed it and it's not something unique to your job. Anyone can med there way to victory!
    i'd like to see say a COR med their way to victory on PW.... not going to happen. Almost all jobs are incapable of soloing PW even with meds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i'd like to see say a COR med their way to victory on PW.... not going to happen. Almost all jobs are incapable of soloing PW even with meds.
    Was a joke because I'd like to see a cor trust there way to a PW victory

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

All of these "not a real solo" posts are completely retarded. The purpose of the thread was ways to kill PW without dragging along people that obviously don't want to be there. SAM could easily solo without trusts if you had protect/shell scroll and possibly a few meds. 1h blocks astral flow completely, and it shouldn't last more than 1 multi SC. Full Ilvl+shell should make nearly everything resist you, have a few potions and panacea for emergency.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    All of these "not a real solo" posts are completely retarded. The purpose of the thread was ways to kill PW without dragging along people that obviously don't want to be there. SAM could easily solo without trusts if you had protect/shell scroll and possibly a few meds. 1h blocks astral flow completely, and it shouldn't last more than 1 multi SC. Full Ilvl+shell should make nearly everything resist you, have a few potions and panacea for emergency.
    Pandemonium and his lamps have absurd magic accuracy for level 75 content; they usually full stick spells on my RDM with +430 MEVA, let alone a melee that only gets about +300 from item level gear. The nukes are still incredibly dangerous.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Guess I'll have to mess around with it, I don't remember that kind of magic accuracy

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If you want to solo it, as in without requiring real people, then trust are fine. I think the "no trusts" are just for bragging rights on solo, which is fine I guess. I don't see how meds are cheating either way though, every FF game used meds in various single character solos etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

with 59 MDB, -50% MDT, and 394 magic evasion+ I was still getting hit for two to three hundred on some of their nukes. All it takes is one sleep/stun during the SAMs Skillchain to make things go awry. I know one time I was killing it and immediately after astral flow they stunned and slept me, then proceeded to nuke me before I could cure or put stoneskin up. Do not take their nukes lightly. SAM has hardly any protection at all against those nukes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Was this with cackle meva/mdef down on? Wondering if panacea would help.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Was this with cackle meva/mdef down on? Wondering if panacea would help.
    i had stacks of panacea with me and used them... i did not have any negative stats down when i was hit for that much damage on their nukes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did 4 pops today. We went with:

PLD/RDM (aegis)
    GEO/RDM
    WHM/BLM
    BRD/WHM
    MNK/WAR

Paladin would diaga the adds and hold them. Monk would kill each form until the last form.

Was very simple and straightforward but anyone who underestimates the astral flows is going to be in for a big surprise. In 4 pop (so 12 astral flows) only one person ever survived.

Even with shell/stoneskin/mdef from geo was a full wipe on the whole party each time. Except for the aegis PLD of course who mostly ignored it lol.

We just reraised and let the paladin finish each final form. Was not pretty.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Streak View Post
    I did 4 pops today. We went with:

PLD/RDM (aegis)
    GEO/RDM
    WHM/BLM
    BRD/WHM
    MNK/WAR

Paladin would diaga the adds and hold them. Monk would kill each form until the last form.

Was very simple and straightforward but anyone who underestimates the astral flows is going to be in for a big surprise. In 4 pop (so 12 astral flows) only one person ever survived.

Even with shell/stoneskin/mdef from geo was a full wipe on the whole party each time. Except for the aegis PLD of course who mostly ignored it lol.

We just reraised and let the paladin finish each final form. Was not pretty.
    My Mule's SCH, and WHM survived every AF in the... 12ish~? pops
    I've fought. Max Ilvl gear(with a focus on highest magic eva/MDT/MDB, shell/ra V, SS.

It is survivable, but indeed, not to be underestimated.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

-mab would've probably helped more than that +mdb... though nothing says you couldn't do both. But assuming the mobs had base mab of 99 blms -mab with idris and sp would've basically lowered dmg by 70%

this is a bit of a random question, but since thf can steal mobs 1hr abilities with its own 1hr, couldnt you wait for PW to pop AF and just steal the affect and therefor completly negating PW's ability to fuk you up and then just grin to yourself while you poke it to death?