1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The auto logout was added to combat server congestion. So no, it wouldn't be a menu option.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    More noob questions, how do players who use controller generally set up their hotbars? Is there a preferred scheme, something that's easiest or fastest? I'm sure it's a bit different than keyboard. I'm PC/PS3 controller and I haven't played any newer MMOs so I'm still getting used to hotbars. I could work XI's macro system like a pro but I'm basically retarded when it comes to the hotbar right now.
    Go to the options and set it up so that pressing both triggers gives you redirects. You won't need more than one bar for quite a while, but when you do this will enable you to use all your abilities without swapping bars manually (kind of awkward if you needed to swap a lot).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Find what works most comfortable for you, but I recommend setting your "active" buttons on your ABXY equivalents. I keep Fast/Riot/Savage/Halone and Spirits/Shield Lob/Flash/Shield Bash on my face buttons and leave my buffs and the like on dpad directions. I've found in general I'm already positioned when I need to hit a cooldown so it isn't as drastic to move my thumb from the left stick. Compare to trying to chase something down while moving your camera while hitting a shoulder button and Up on the dpad. Shit sucks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had to learn to use my right thumb for moving on Titan Ex, shit is awkward but better than being dead.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

For controller users, how do you type? Chatpad or just use something like vent?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I play on PS3 and i have a keyboard to type. I just set my controller down or use the good ol' fashioned one handin'

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    I play on PS3 and i have a keyboard to type. I just set my controller down or use the good ol' fashioned one handin'
    pc and i sit in my big comfy chair with my keyboard in front of me.

I have a few things on a keyboard hotbar (changing jobs, choco, teleports etc) everything battle related is on my controller hotbar.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Identical setup minus the ps3, I play at my desk. Makes me laugh when friends watch me play irl with controller, or even explaining to people ingame. Like they get so confused if you start swapping hotbar sets. I've got like 4 sets for BLM and 3 for WAR and that shit is ingrained into my head, it's mad easy to switch

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Yeah, there's a certain level of fucking wizardry when you tab between palettes and then try to explain it. "Well, if I need to change, I just hit something on the global then hold down RB and tap B or X, depending on if I'm trying to Limit Break or activate X Z Y buffs, then toggle back to set 1 before the GCD rolls around and then continue, and-"

"Lookijustpushbuttonsgoodokay?"

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Go to the options and set it up so that pressing both triggers gives you redirects. You won't need more than one bar for quite a while, but when you do this will enable you to use all your abilities without swapping bars manually (kind of awkward if you needed to swap a lot).
    This. The dual-trigger redirects made SCH much more playable for me (main heals on primary bar, relevant attacks on one redirect, situational stuff on other redirect).

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    For controller users, how do you type? Chatpad or just use something like vent?
    I use the touchpad "button" on DuckShock4 as my push-to-talk button. Before that, I used L1 (autorun) on a DualShock2.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I use the touchpad "button" on DuckShock4 as my push-to-talk button. Before that, I used L1 (autorun) on a DualShock2.
    What drivers are you using for the ds4?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Before that, I used L1 (autorun) on a DualShock2.
    Kind of an out of the blue question, but does anyone know how to get the vibration function of a DS2 controller to work?

I've always used DS2 controllers with a USB connector for PC and I've never found a way to get my PC to recognize the vibration function.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    pc and i sit in my big comfy chair with my keyboard in front of me.
    This is what I do as well. PC/kb for typing/controller for playing. Would probably use vent if I had anyone to talk to, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Find what works most comfortable for you, but I recommend setting your "active" buttons on your ABXY equivalents. I keep Fast/Riot/Savage/Halone and Spirits/Shield Lob/Flash/Shield Bash on my face buttons and leave my buffs and the like on dpad directions. I've found in general I'm already positioned when I need to hit a cooldown so it isn't as drastic to move my thumb from the left stick. Compare to trying to chase something down while moving your camera while hitting a shoulder button and Up on the dpad. Shit sucks.
    That's actually how I've been doing it too. Easier to remember left is buffs/other stuff and right is actions. Just have to play long enough to where it's second nature, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    I will try this out, thanks for the explanation :D Learning a new system/style of play is always the #1 worst thing for me in any game since my hand-brain coordination is pretty derpy so I'm trying to get over this stumbling block earlier rather than later. Once it's cemented in though, it's in, getting it there's the hard part.

ACN really doesn't have a lot of skills to use, it seems. I imagine trying to manage a job that has a ton of different skills could get pretty confusing though, especially if you use them all situationally or on a regular basis...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by jurjur View Post
    What drivers are you using for the ds4?
    DS4 works out of the box (sort of) on Win7 if you use a microUSB cable. I've heard that you can get it working with bluetooth but there's a bunch more nonsense involved, and I'm too lazy for all that.

The one thing that doesn't work quite right is button assignments; for whatever reason, XIV's button configuration just doesn't seem to recognize the DS4. You have to manually edit \My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\FFXIV.cfg and replace all lines that start with Alias with:

Code:
    Alias	{90,91,88,89,41,40,32,33,73,72,48,49,3,2,1,0,4,6,10,5,7,11,9,8}

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6