OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name MELCHIOR
    System Manufacturer Gateway
    System Model DX4710-05
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 841P061G, 8/7/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name Melchior\Marc
    Time Zone Central Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 6.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.04 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 7.84 GB
    Page File Space 6.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    GPU: ATI radeon 4650

I was looking to buy something to upgrade my computer's performance, and I was thinking graphics card, but I was wondering if there was something that would do more good. Thanks in advance.

A budget would help otherwise I'd tell you to buy a bunch of parts you may not be able to afford.

edit: Also what are you planning to do with this? PC Gaming or emulation? Emulation requires more CPU though gaming in general requires more GPU.

Unless you're planning emulation your GPU seems to be your bottleneck atm. Also replacing a CPU would most likely require a new mobo, potentially new ram, and such because of the socket type and that may be outdated (I'd have to look at the socket type of your mobo, I think your CPU is a LGA 775 though that's not really used anymore I dont think)

edit2: Nice computer name Chrono Trigger reference?

Also is that a stock gateway? If so case space might be an issue so thats another factor when considering card. Also whether or not your power supply can support it and even if it can support it if you have the proper connectors. I don't think a Radeon 4650 requires any power source except from the mobo itself if thats the case its slightly a bad sign and limits you a lot.

If you dont have those power connectors and you have a low PSU this might be a good option http://www.amazon.com/XFX-DisplayPor...ds=radeon+7750

After you upgrade your GPU your CPU will probably be the bottleneck though. You should probably post your PSU and motherboard though to be safe.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Somewhere in the $200-300 range, I mostly play games on steam and watch netflix on it. I already upgraded the power supply from the base power supply, and it's a pretty roomy case. It's from gateway's gaming pc line from like, 6 years ago? I've upgraded the GPU and power supply since I've gotten it, but I bought a pretty powerful one at the time so I could keep it for a long time.

And no, the name is a Neon Genesis Evangelion reference, but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Somewhere in the $200-300 range, I mostly play games on steam and watch netflix on it. I already upgraded the power supply from the base power supply, and it's a pretty roomy case. It's from gateway's gaming pc line from like, 6 years ago? I've upgraded the GPU and power supply since I've gotten it, but I bought a pretty powerful one at the time so I could keep it for a long time.

And no, the name is a Neon Genesis Evangelion reference, but thank you.
    What is your PSU Wattage and what power connectors do you have that are open?

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    What is your PSU Wattage and what power connectors do you have that are open?
    How do I tell the connectors part?

http://techreport.com/r.x/psus-0907/pcie-connectors.jpg

One on a left is a 6 pin one on the right is a 6 +2

Generally these are what GPUs require mainly the 6 and occasionally the 8

This is a molex you can get a converter for two molex slots to be one 6 pin
    http://store.arabhardware.net/media/...4013/molex.jpg

If you dont have any 6 or 8 pin you most likely are going to need at least 4 molex. Also I'd like to know your PSU wattage. This way you'll be able to see if you can get a better GPU otherwise the one I linked is your best bet. (I think) Any current gen gpu will be bottlenecked by your CPU though. Just this way you can get a better GPU for cheaper or if you upgrade CPU in the future you'll have a good GPU to match it

I'm off to sleep soon tho maybe someone else can continue helping you if I pass out! Cheers!