FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)

Jabberwock Island – once a popular tourist destination, this now uninhabited island remains oddly pristine. You and your classmates at the elite Hope’s Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your super-cute teacher for a “lovey-dovey, heart-throbbing school trip.” Everyone seems to be having fun in the sun…until Monokuma returns to restart his murderous game! Trapped on this island of mutual killing, your only hope of escape rests in solving the island’s mysteries. But be warned—sometimes the truth can be its own despair…

Key Features
    • Deadly Island Vibes: Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!
    • Tribal Council: You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they’ll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!
    • Survival of the Keenest: Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing- and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth and escape with your life!
    Official site: http://www.danganronpa.com/2/
    Release date: July 26, 2012 (JP), Fall 2014 (NA & EU)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for this game to come out. All I've heard is how much better it is than the first one. Since I enjoyed the first one--I really can't wait for this one!

I'm going to have to skip out on looking at any videos or anything about the game until after I beat it I'm afraid.
    It's one of those games that you want to go in completely blind.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

September 2 for NA & Sept 5 for EU
    NIS America is excited to announce that Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to the highly popular mystery adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita in North America on September 2 and to Europe on September 5. The game will be available in both retail and digital form. As in the first game, players will take on the role of a high school student as they are thrust into a life-or-death situation, and must use their wits and teamwork to survive. Each student was chosen for a special ability they possess, making them the “ultimate” example of something. Characters in this title are also designed by Rui Komatsuzaki for a unique and darker take on the anime style

About the game

Jabberwock Island – once a popular tourist destination, this now uninhabited island remains oddly pristine. You and your classmates at the elite Hope's Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your super-cute teacher for a “lovey-dovey, heart-throbbing school trip.” Everyone seems to be having fun in the sun...until Monokuma returns to restart his murderous game! Trapped on this island of mutual killing, your only hope of escape rests in solving the island’s mysteries. But be warned—sometimes the truth can be its own despair...

Key Features

Deadly Island Vibes: Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!

Tribal Council: You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they'll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!

Survival of the Keenest: Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth and escape with your life!
    http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Da...imited-Edition

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

God damn that chest on her

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fucking sick. I'm hyped.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This launched in NA today; only done the Prologue so far, but fucking loving it.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Fuck.

I'm already making theories and I'm in the prologue. Didn't realize how much I was excited for this game.

I'm guessing this is a spoiler about two characters... well putting it here anyways
    Spoiler: show
    Byakuya Togami... :< Is he like... really the same guy? And one other character's name is very strikingly similar to another character from the previous game. I feel like I need to stop thinking so hard about it though or I'll ruin it for myself maybe?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Beat the first chapter:

Totally didn't see the first criminal this time around. I did figure out who set everything up but I was really shocked.

In the second chapter:

:/ Shit. Body discovery. I pray to ye gods my favorite girl is never guilty nor killed. Chiaki pls.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

In the middle of the trial for chapter 3, and I'm so fucking mad right now.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    In the middle of the trial for chapter 3, and I'm so fucking mad right now.
    I'm scared. I haven't gotten too much farther than the ominous statement narrated at the start of chapter 3. I'll return here when I am in the middle of the trial.

Edit:

God forbid anything happen to Chiaki.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just finished the prologue. My first reaction:

Did Byakuya and Hifumi do the fusion dance? ..Did he eat Hifumi's rotting corpse? Or do they just name all the Togami heirs "Byakuya"?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I'm scared. I haven't gotten too much farther than the ominous statement narrated at the start of chapter 3. I'll return here when I am in the middle of the trial.
    It was a twist, a good twist. I'm just upset that it involved one of the characters I really liked.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Rule #1 to Dangan Ronpa: Don't like any characters. None of them. Nothing is safe or sacred.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Just finished the prologue. My first reaction:

Did Byakuya and Hifumi do the fusion dance? ..Did he eat Hifumi's rotting corpse? Or do they just name all the Togami heirs "Byakuya"?
    My first impression:
    Every motion and expression he performs is exactly like Byakuya Togami from Dangan Ronpa. Just fatter.

My real speculation, spoilers within:
    ... it's the real Byakuya. In which case... how tragic. But only gives me a shitton of questions. 1) Why is he here? 2) What happened to the others? 3) Why is he so fat....?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Rule #1 to Dangan Ronpa: Don't like any characters. None of them. Nothing is safe or sacred.
    It can't be helped.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My real speculation, spoilers within:
    ... it's the real Byakuya. In which case... how tragic. But only gives me a shitton of questions. 1) Why is he here? 2) What happened to the others? 3) Why is he so fat....?
    I'm fairly certain it's the real Togami too; I just want to know how he let himself go so badly.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also obligatory:

Spoilers for the first game, obviously, but holy crap does this crack me up every time.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

DONUTS