+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

collection display idea's.

So I've decided to start collecting older games (starting with ps1 rpgs, then I'll branch into n64/super nintendo, then eventually nes, dream cast ext). Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how to display some of my more favorite games. I already have my collection of pokemon games in a little glass picture frame but I have no idea how to display things as large as ps1 games or consoles. Cheaper is better atm being as I'm still in college and working part time so any money spent on displaying takes a lot out of my collecting money. For the more common games I'll probably just stash them on a book shelf but kinda want something special for things like parasite eve, ff series, legend of dragoon ext

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

could use cheap tablet stands or something for the games you want to face out, although that only works for single jewel cases and not the thick manual ones like most squaresoft games. =/

http://images.geeksimages.com/images...6-PDQ-soft.jpg

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This may or may not help but Ikea sells like those shadowbox frames in large quantities (a dozen?) for decent prices. May wanna check out their stuff if you're gonna hang it all on the wall. Other than that invest in those glass display cases. Those can be unreal with some custom lights.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Awesome ty. If anyone has any collections that are displayed plz feel free to post pictures so I can get ideas

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

you could make these yourself in whatever size you need. anything from cardboard to wood to metal. cardboard you wouldn't need a hinge, but with wood/metal you just put a simple hinge in the middle after cutting the arms to the size you want. then paint them. cardboard could also be painted, or done up in tape, or wrapped in paper (either just wrapping paper, or print off a picture relating to the game and wrap it around the stand so it looks nice).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

just used those as an example cause they're like $2-3 lmao

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

cardboard is freeeeeeeeeee

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My dad can probably make me some steel ones for free and I can just wrap them in electrical tape to keep from scratching the case. Also does it lower a games value if I replace the jeweled case (ps1)? It's pretty simple to take out the pictures and transfer them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    Also does it lower a games value if I replace the jeweled case (ps1)? It's pretty simple to take out the pictures and transfer them.
    No, not unless the case is special in some way (holographic logo sticker for some sports games for example), and even then it could be swapped back if you decided to sell it. Single disc cases shouldn't be hard to find good donor parts or swaps for anyway. They just have the Compact Disc Digital Audio logo on the tray (as opposed to blank on Dreamcast games). So, swapping parts from a CDR case might be obvious if someone looked, but plenty of others wouldn't be noticeable.
    Long boxes are much harder for PS1, and all the "DVD case" size systems use specific colors and such that make replacements far more obvious.

For some ideas, you could look at some of the game room threads here or on similar sites.

As a down-the-road kind of thing, many people use Universal Game Cases with custom covers to display carts and such. You can also choose to go with DVD cases and custom covers for disc games, to make things more consistent or make disc-only copies more appealing.

For some, like Genesis, you can also just buy bulk lots of sports titles and the like to use the cases from.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just bought 6 of the final fantasy's for PS1. Upon receiving them the shipper hadn't protected the cases at all... just threw all of the games in a box, taped it up and mailed it to me. I still got a good deal on the games and would like to keep them but i cant deal with the horrible condition that the cases are in. Looking to replace the outside parts of the cases. I wanted to make sure that these will work or if anyone knows of a place that has them for cheaper/better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-DUAL-DISC-...-/231164927616