1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

02/20/2014 4:29 AM
    Regarding Patch 2.16 Updates Reflected in Lodestone and Libra Eorzea (Feb. 20)

Regarding game updates implemented by patch 2.16, only item additions will be updated to Lodestone and the iOS/Android application “Libra Eorzea”. Any other updates will be coordinated with patch 2.2.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...58b7d11aa4641b

Am I missing something here? Not sure if it's just a bad translation but it sounds like they leaked some stuff from 2.2 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Color me surprised that you don't see the benefits of options, lol. If you can't see how only having to hold 'a' to dodge an attack is easier than holding 'a', holding a mouse button, and moving the mouse, there's not much point in trying to explain the intricacies of situational movement options.
    Wow, that explains it. Doing it so wrong. I mean, it's hilarious that this is considered intricate situational movement!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Turn on auto-face to... do what exactly? You're always facing the target while locked on.
    ...Seriously? Auto-face so you can fight without locking on. Therefore making the job easier to play because you're not banging your head against the lock-on wall.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Emergency maint noon to 3 pm est today

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Emergency maint noon to 3 pm est today
    Montreal team has to turn off the servers so they have bandwidth for streaming the game.

BG Level

HAH lol

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

ah emergency maintenance

how I have missed you

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think this is the first time I've not been able to play ARR due to maintenance. They usually come when I'm asleep or at work.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

- An issue in “The Binding Coil of Bahamut – Turn 2” wherein the ADS’s usage interval of its AoE attack “Object 199” is too short.
    - An issue in “The Binding Coil of Bahamut – Turn 5” wherein if Twintania is unable to attack its main target, it will attack the target next highest in enmity.
    - An issue wherein the cross hotbar may not switch over smoothly.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    - An issue in “The Binding Coil of Bahamut – Turn 2” wherein the ADS’s usage interval of its AoE attack “Object 199” is too short.
    - An issue in “The Binding Coil of Bahamut – Turn 5” wherein if Twintania is unable to attack its main target, it will attack the target next highest in enmity.
    - An issue wherein the cross hotbar may not switch over smoothly.
    So the lower conflag hp and snake hp

+ the giant icons stays?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I don't know why SE are going out of their way to support that horrid T2 strategy. Should have been nerfed out of existence the day the devs spotted it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Chimera DF fight now gives 10 philo and 10 myth. Also Ram's Voice is like Gorgimera/Cutter's Cry version; just a close range AoE. No room-wide ice-rape.

BG Level

the myth is new but Chimera gave 10philo since 2.1

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've done Twintania today and I have to say that the lower HP for Conflags and snakes is either fixed or was a bunch of BS.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I did Twin yesterday prior to the emergency patch and Conflag/Snake honestly felt the same as before 2.16. Snake did die faster for us but that mainly has to do with the fact we got LB3 since the LB fillrate was buffed pretty big (not sure if that was fixed in the emergency maintenance).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    All achievement items (up to this patch, I haven't tested any of the new items) are storable in the Armoire.
    I initially read this as event items, only to find out that the only storable event items since Xmas are the V-Day necklaces. No snowman suit, no snake kabuto helm, no DQX helm, no V-Day armor. Stupid.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The rings can be stored.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I did Twin yesterday prior to the emergency patch and Conflag/Snake honestly felt the same as before 2.16. Snake did die faster for us but that mainly has to do with the fact we got LB3 since the LB fillrate was buffed pretty big (not sure if that was fixed in the emergency maintenance).
    LB was building as usual for us and we run with 2 BRDs.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I don't know why SE are going out of their way to support that horrid T2 strategy. Should have been nerfed out of existence the day the devs spotted it.
    Because the "I don't like the way you killed my boss, so I'll patch it until you kill it the way I say to kill it" strategy led to negative press and perceptions for many SE fights, such as AV. Has anyone even killed it to this day based on the original strat that SE "intended"?

Yoshi P has the right of it in this situation. "Clever use of game mechanics" isn't hacking or breaking the game, and there is nothing wrong with having multiple ways to beat a fight, and absolutely nothing wrong with encouraging your players to find unique strats to beat fights. Being inclusive as a dev is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Edit: On TT last night, with our 1 tank strat we wound up killing a conflag so fast that the fireball you run into the conflag popped AFTER the conflag was dead, but before the person in the middle could get out of the middle, resulting in 2 deaths and a strangely hilarious wipe. They had actually restored the HP by that point, so it was an instance of us simply deepsing too hard.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's not so much "I don't like the way you beat the boss, so kill it how we want" but how it's done. I can see why SE was upset over some of the AV clears (glitching it by using the ???). SE has already said they were fine with T2 but other devs would change the encounter so you can't bypass mechanics. TERA had this issue with the original version of Shandra Manaya where the debuff mechanic was negated by simply curing through the fallout of not doing it properly. The devs adjusted it so the fallout was too high to cure through so players had to revert to doing it properly to beat her.

That just shows though how whether certain tactics are exploits or not all depends on the devs. SE clearly took issue with 1.0 Garuda where players just burned her down with BLMs negating 90% of the fight. The same devs that changed WP and AK to deter the strats used to speedrun them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I just find it odd because the strat makes a joke of the turn. I haven't used the strat so I could well be underestimating how easy it makes it but from what I've heard ADS does nothing but spam the same AoE over and over. I bet if you could do that to Twintania SE would have changed it the same week.

I guess they can put on a good face and behind the scenes code things so that's not possible in future. Sounds like they are doing that since they accidentally added a change in 2.16 that was meant for 2.2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast