1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its not much but if your still dumb as bricks you'll still wipe to nodes before you reach ADS. Which has tottally happoned to me on a few runs with PUGS. I think one of the Brds I did T2 with didn't know that blunt arrow silenced casue he kept using it as a regular part of his rotation.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly, considering how long T2 has been out and how T1-5 is going to be made easier soon anyway with the release of 2.2, I don't care that SE left an easy, cheap method to beat T2 in the game. As someone who has to pug coil due to my schedule, it's sometimes nice not to have to deal with retards who can't deal with rot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Too many privileged people in here with good statics that apparently don't understand how shitty your average pug is. Enrage is fine, those who kill it the normal way get out of there 6-8 minutes faster. Don't be mad other people get loot in this game too. There's still t4 and 5 that most people won't finish until 2.2

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I don't think it's that. T2 normal way is easier than Titan extreme for example and I beat that every week in a PUG. I've beaten T2 normal way in a PUG on more than one occasion too before the enrage strategy became popular back when I didn't have a static.

It's just like everything else, if you're inexperienced you'll suck at it and wipe. If you're not then you'll do fine. Just ensure the group you create/join isn't a learning party. That goes for every piece of content in the game. T2 is likely to be unique in that you can remove the difficulty to suit weaker PUG groups. T6-9 I doubt SE will allow such an oversight to get passed the testers and they're all likely to be harder than T2.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm sure you can find a static too around your playtime to join or create. If at least half your PT isn't bads you can usually find enough pugs that are good to fill in and be successful

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    privileged people
    what toxic words

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

+5 minutes versus passing rot and dodging shit. Yeah I wonder why even experienced players use enranged...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How are people making their melee attacks all ranged?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I just find it odd because the strat makes a joke of the turn. I haven't used the strat so I could well be underestimating how easy it makes it but from what I've heard ADS does nothing but spam the same AoE over and over.
    Why do people have a problem with ADS enrage strat (which is "bypassing the mechanics of the fight"), but with not using damage reduction cooldowns to burn through Caduceus without feeding (both of them) slimes on every tile glow cycle? That is no less an instance of "bypassing the mechanics" than ADS enrage.

If SE should buff ADS enrage damage to force people to pass rot, then why shouldn't they also greatly increase Caduceus stack damage to force slime feeding?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    +5 minutes versus passing rot and dodging shit. Yeah I wonder why even experienced players use enranged...
    Man, my static and I have fun with it, but I really don't care how the rest of the world clears T2. I'm more pleased that SE is acknowledging that there's more than one way to skin a cat, and aren't attempting to suppress player ingenuity when it comes to clearing content.

Breaking the game or glitching through walls and shit to escape mechanics is one thing, but this is neither a "break" nor any kind of "glitch". Call it an exploit of the Allagan's shitty defense coding, if you will. I don't want the ARR team to start treating end-game like XI did with a "my way or the highway" approach, snuffing out innovation wherever it popped up (and speeding up or slowing down that snuffing depending on the boss in question being killed).

That'll never happen, though, seeing as how Yoshi doesn't live in a Japan-only bubble like some of his constituents and colleagues, and has experienced enough of the MMO market to have a solid grasp on what and what not to do in terms of pissing off a relatively fickle consumer base. Bring on 2.2. I wanna see what players are going to figure out with Leviathan and T6.

XI had infinitely more strategic freedom than XIV does now or probably ever will.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's mostly because while XIV 2.0 has more freedom than XI on paper, in practice all of the cross-class restrictions mean that you never get anything as extreme as NIN/DRK or DRG/WHM or RDM/NIN. Even potentially interesting strategies like THM or ACN with Cleric Stance (which should be allowed based on the rules of the game) have specific exceptions carved out to make sure that you do NOT venture outside of the box. If you allowed classes to equip all non-JSE gear (differentiated only by DoW or DoM), and allowed classes a tiny bit more freedom in cross-classing abilities, you could see a serious market for, say, an ACN with Omnitome and full Allagan/Hero healing set using Cleric's Stance.

Of course, in early 1.0 you had extreme freedom, which ultimately resulted in very little variety (Emulate+Shield skills vs. everything), but them's the breaks.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I don't think it's that. T2 normal way is easier than Titan extreme for example and I beat that every week in a PUG. I've beaten T2 normal way in a PUG on more than one occasion too before the enrage strategy became popular back when I didn't have a static.

It's just like everything else, if you're inexperienced you'll suck at it and wipe. If you're not then you'll do fine. Just ensure the group you create/join isn't a learning party. That goes for every piece of content in the game. T2 is likely to be unique in that you can remove the difficulty to suit weaker PUG groups. T6-9 I doubt SE will allow such an oversight to get passed the testers and they're all likely to be harder than T2.

The difference between Titan EX and T2 is very simple. Titan you can spam all week long with no restriction. Good players still join Titan PUGs for earrings/horses. You get to fight Titan the second you step into the fight.

T2 you spend 4-5 minutes killing 3 other mobs then get to "learn" ADS/rot. If you win, its a 7 day wait to do it again.

My Coil group will continue to use the enraged strat and I have zero interest in changing it. The extra wait time is nothing for locked content, I already spend half the week twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We did the enrage method twice? More so to let the main tank play his dragoon, shit's so fast with 5 dps 2 heals and a tank. That being said, it didn't really phase anyone in the group.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    what toxic words
    I wish the word "privilege" had some sort of word filter on this forum that replaced it with, "I'm a whiny poopy baby".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    XI had infinitely more strategic freedom than XIV does now or probably ever will.
    I don't remember any of that. What I do remember is people abusing the same strategy of "Stun+zerg" on pretty much everything. Maybe early on but FFXI wasn't very varied for most of its life. ARR may have more limitations but at least all classes and jobs are allowed to join events which also brings different strategies (see Ifrit EX with or without melee) while FFXI had terrible balance and most jobs were left out of endgame activities unless some sort of magical exploit was found.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I don't remember any of that. What I do remember is people abusing the same strategy of "Stun+zerg" on pretty much everything. Maybe early on but FFXI wasn't very varied for most of its life. ARR may have more limitations but at least all classes and jobs are allowed to join events which also brings different strategies (see Ifrit EX with or without melee) while FFXI had terrible balance and most jobs were left out of endgame activities unless some sort of magical exploit was found.
    You had kiting and low-man strategies too, as well as the zergs. Those fucking SHNMs during pre-Abyssea WoTG were the worst sometimes. And you had the Sandworm battlefields. You also had Lumoria too I guess, I don't remember zerging many of the pre-Love Jailers for a good while. I don't remember zerging most of the Zeni NMs either (besides the Troll and Sarameya I guess). I really liked Abyssea for the low-man content, but eh.

I don't have any experience beyond that, since Voidwatch was when I nopenopenope'd the fuck out of XI. From the sounds of it though, it became Perfect Defense-zergville.

(see Ifrit EX with or without melee)
    "one shot the big nail with LB"

vs

"caster LB the big nail then finish it off"

Variety indeed.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And how often are melee accepted into Garuda EX?

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    And how often are melee accepted into Garuda EX?
    How often are people not retarded? Even I don't invite most melee to Garuda and I main MNK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast