Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm swipe sounds better than I thought at first. Just the ability to frequently wipe the most recent rune has a purpose. Like you see something coming that's a different element than what tou mostly face swap a rune in and pflug then swap back without having to do all 3.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I am really unhappy the THF relic armor has enmity+, I basically haven't played the last few weeks because I steal enmity way too quickly and was hoping the enmity change this update could fix that. I would love the new body for +crit with +crit damage for TP, but now I also have to deal with +enmity to keep me rivaling any PLD in enmity while fighting a boss that can one shot me. And no change came to Hide, so I imagine that's still fully useless for shedding hate during a BC fight.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I am really unhappy the THF relic armor has enmity+, I basically haven't played the last few weeks because I steal enmity way too quickly and was hoping the enmity change this update could fix that. I would love the new body for +crit with +crit damage for TP, but now I also have to deal with +enmity to keep me rivaling any PLD in enmity while fighting a boss that can one shot me. And no change came to Hide, so I imagine that's still fully useless for shedding hate during a BC fight.
    if you read they updates note, it states they lowered enmity of damage dealt (by how much I dont know)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm happy that even Hagondes feet +1 are basically not an upgrade for SMN. Now to just sit back and wait to hear whether the augment ranges changed.

With the enmity decay changes for PLDs when getting hit, it might change how quickly you gain your enmity and not be as bad for you as it would've been prior to the update.

Campaign
    BG Level

Gendewitha+1 looks decent for BRD dd! Some pieces at least
    (I'm not even kidding lol)

But overall yeah, NQ stats look very disappointing to me unless I'm missing something.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I cant say im up to date on gear, but the DNC Relic shoes seem really good

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

Enjoy the new VW grind gentlemen
    God dammit I fucking called it! Son of bitch!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    if you read they updates note, it states they lowered enmity of damage dealt (by how much I dont know)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commskywalker View Post
    With the enmity decay changes for PLDs when getting hit, it might change how quickly you gain your enmity and not be as bad for you as it would've been prior to the update.
    Oh, I know. I did see that. But it also states that enmity decay from taking damage is effected by +/- enmity, and so at least that change will make it so I don't lose as much enmity from AOE damage, which is something I want to do. I already basically cannot use collaborator/accomplice unless I'm ready to tank, or recently died, or some such thing. I haven't competed against any really good DD to see if I can truly compete in damage as THF, but I can sure decimate all the monks/rangers I've pugged against (I know, what a great accomplishment...lol) but since as a THF I attack so quickly once I'm at enmity cap I'm tanking so often and I do not have the defenses or hp to live through much.

Edit: Also just saw THF relic feet, triple attack+3%, but no +accuracy on the piece, gah.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, I know. I did see that. But it also states that enmity decay from taking damage is effected by +/- enmity, and so at least that change will make it so I don't lose as much enmity from AOE damage, which is something I want to do. I already basically cannot use collaborator/accomplice unless I'm ready to tank, or recently died, or some such thing. I haven't competed against any really good DD to see if I can truly compete in damage as THF, but I can sure decimate all the monks/rangers I've pugged against (I know, what a great accomplishment...lol) but since as a THF I attack so quickly once I'm at enmity cap I'm tanking so often and I do not have the defenses or hp to live through much.
    you have competed against all the monks... I am sorry when is the last time you played? not to nitpick or anything, thf can deal great damage, but you make it sound like monk is still in pre SoA state, which its clearly NOT.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

on another note how is melee enmity now? melees still able to tank or do they loose hate quickly now against cures?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Obtained a permanent KI called Silvery plate from the machine behind the wall at (C-7) in Ra'Kaznar. Click the ??? and walk onto the platform to obtain it. Says it works the lifts in the zone but the one elevator that I found worked without it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you have competed against all the monks... I am sorry when is the last time you played? not to nitpick or anything, thf can deal great damage, but you make it sound like monk is still in pre SoA state, which its clearly NOT.
    I haven't really competed against any monks I'd consider "elite" (as in I know they're really good), but as far as pug DD's go, I haven't been beaten yet. Which isn't the most amazing of accomplishments, but considering how the community perceives THF, I think it's pretty good. And what is the top DD, if MNK is not? Everyone uses either MNK's or RNG's on everything, I've been told flat out by an LS mate she couldn't get me into her other LS's Delve win runs because "they'd never take a THF", even though in all the delve runs I have gone on, I've been top DD (only got beaten one time since I go as thf/run on Tojil since I can't trust pugs to try and remove cloak lol and my brd dc'd that run so I had no songs, almost no haste, etc. and got beat by only 1 monk which had both of those things). But anyway, I switched to -enmity merits because of my enmity issues on AA's, and new gear that just adds enmity isn't desired by me in the least.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

*Edit*

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't really competed against any monks I'd consider "elite" (as in I know they're really good), but as far as pug DD's go, I haven't been beaten yet. Which isn't the most amazing of accomplishments, but considering how the community perceives THF, I think it's pretty good. And what is the top DD, if MNK is not? Everyone uses either MNK's or RNG's on everything, I've been told flat out by an LS mate she couldn't get me into her other LS's Delve win runs because "they'd never take a THF", even though in all the delve runs I have gone on, I've been top DD (only got beaten one time since I go as thf/run on Tojil since I can't trust pugs to try and remove cloak lol and my brd dc'd that run so I had no songs, almost no haste, etc. and got beat by only 1 monk which had both of those things). But anyway, I switched to -enmity merits because of my enmity issues on AA's, and new gear that just adds enmity isn't desired by me in the least.
    if DMG would be the only factor people wouldnt choose RNG. A decked out MNK still delivers excellent dmg. the reason why people pick RNG or MNKs is because:

RNG: relic no enmity issue, you can have a pld eat the dmg
    MNK: mantra, high HP, counters. More safety net, on top of excellent damage.

those are the reasons why the other DDs (including your THF) are standing behind, they dont offer the survivability of a MNK. and thats not saying that a mnk cant compete with the heavy DDs at all, their base damage boost on the ilvl weapons was tremenous compared to other weapons. All the damage in the world isnt gonna help if you cant survive some shit ability because you lack the 500 HP a MNK has on top of you (or more if mantra is active).

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Woah O.o

Using the ether leather gave my Bagua tonic an Enhance Bolster effect.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Woah O.o

Using the ether leather gave my Bagua tonic an Enhance Bolster effect.
    whats an ether leather? oO

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if DMG would be the only factor people wouldnt choose RNG. A decked out MNK still delivers excellent dmg. the reason why people pick RNG or MNKs is because:

RNG: relic no enmity issue, you can have a pld eat the dmg
    MNK: mantra, high HP, counters. More safety net, on top of excellent damage.

those are the reasons why the other DDs (including your THF) are standing behind, they dont offer the survivability of a MNK. and thats not saying that a mnk cant compete with the heavy DDs at all, their base damage boost on the ilvl weapons was tremenous compared to other weapons. All the damage in the world isnt gonna help if you cant survive some shit ability because you lack the 500 HP a MNK has on top of you (or more if mantra is active).
    Oh, agreed. I want to compete against an "elite" monk before I fully changed my mind, but I was beginning to think monks mostly had a survival issue over me, and not really a damage issue, since damage hasn't been an issue ever since I got my 119 Mandau with some 119 gear to back it up. And if survival is THE issue as for why Monk and Ranger are above all the other DD's, they really need to address this since it severely limits content for most players if only monks and rangers can survive. Though one interesting thing is that on Tojil's in pugs usually it's 5 monks + me as the DD's and every single Tojil except maybe one I've been the last DD alive, though HF+formless will keep them at higher enmity than me, they seem to drop in groups (maybe it's the blaze spikes getting them...?) anyway, not my concern. I'm more worried about the relic armor being good, and it seems somewhat iffy so far for THF.

Support: Kamihr Drifts only gives 11400 exp/bayld when you use 3 tags now.

While the reward nerf sucks, I'm glad I can just warp right to the NPC now and skip the run. Overall, can't complain!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast