BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Skirmish III findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This makes uffrat+@ so good for smn... Perp-5 and pdt-4% for my avatar? Wow.

If we can get up to 25 base dmg onto the weapons, this makes most of them contenders for being best or second best in slot besides RME.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tried out some Wailing Stones on Aedold +2.

Base stats
    DMG:147 Delay:300 INT+6 MND+6
    Accuracy+27
    Club skill +228
    Parrying skill +228
    Magic accuracy skill +188

+1
    DMG+13 DEX+1 Attack+7
    DMG+9 AGI+4 Critical hit rate+1
    DMG+7 AGI+1

+2
    DMG+15 Enmity-2 Critical hit rate+1

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Seems on weapons at least they added more possible augments.
    Uffrat +2
    Roughly same Mab as Balsam but added Macc. Altough I cannot judge how useful pet Macc can be with ilevel 119 avatars on current content.
    Maybe for VD stuff, but for everything else it shouldn't really be that useful?
    Think for the moment I'll keep my Uffrat+1 with Perp-5.

Btw, this confirms that even form weapons something changed. There's hope the new augments have higher lowest possible augment numbers compared to the previous tier. It is a change in the paradigm because, correct me if I'm wrong, NQ weapons and +1 weapons got the same identical range of augments instead.

Anyway, I saw a lot of talk about skirmish gear/augments in this thread, but not really that much about skirmish itself.
    Anybody feels like doing a small recap of how does this skirmish works? If you can make it faster with good coordination or if you're stuck waiting like on Yorcia? I still have no clue what to expect from it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We spammed some 1/1/1s yesterday. The goal is to get 60 points from killing mobs, 1 point from normal mobs and some higher value from NMs (think it was like 7). There are multiple maps and they are huge. Seems like the top floor has several umbrils (might have been 5) and a NM in the big area, then a NM further back. The bottom floor has several skeletons (think it was 4) with a NM, a NM in the next room, past that several bombs with another NM, and past that several acuex. The first time you go to each area there is a treasure chest which will either be a mimic or give you points. Those do not respawn. Mobs respawn in 5 min. Which NM spawns where is random (the NMs are an ironclad, an umagrhk, an acrolith, a dullahan, a naraka, and an orthus. All the NMs are very easy (although the dullahan was annoying when it popped invincible). Our fastest run was finished in 20 min although I'm sure people will go faster when they decide on the optimal route. Sounds like higher tiers have nastier mobs (more hp / stronger maybe) because the 1/1/1 mobs were super weak and died very fast. We were overly cautious and went mnk sam brd cor rdm whm. Next time we'll rep the rdm (who was our stunner) with a drk.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Going with Torso V and getting the first objective will yield you the Ra'Kaznar Exemplar title like all other Skirmishes.

First objective is 80 points and the second is 150 points.

Finally got KI after 3rd run. Leisilonu +2 augs:

Stone +2
    DMG +8 VIT +8 ACC +8
    DMG +8 DA +1 WS ACC +1

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just came across this on a JP PLD.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...psdd5b6244.png

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So.. anyone rich went on an Armor Augment spree yet? So far I only see good -PDT from +2 stones, is there hope they raised the minimum value?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've only done one augment; a +2 stone on Cizin mail +1 for 8 acc, 3 PDT, 4 MDT.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just did my first Ra'kaznar run and wanted to try and contribute a bit.
    We did a Head 1 - 3 - 3 run. 50min, 100 points.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/76v2dj6gbz...01%203%203.png

Some members had done it before and said best steer clear of the Yztarg, so I'm not 100% sure about the walls by 4, the other we did see and confirm.
    Mobs were:
    1: Orthrus
    2: Iron Giant NM + 3 Skellies + Chest/Mimic
    3: Umbril room (somewhere around 5-7) + Chest/mimic
    4: Yztarg NM
    5: Dullahan NM (used Soul Enslavement then Invincible both times we killed him)

Sorry for flight inaccuracies, best I could remember.

Someone feel free to download and adjust the map as needed and post it so others can see without clicking, no idea how that's done and too tired to read up.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

So does Ra'Ka skirmish drop anything but transmelange and stones?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    So does Ra'Ka skirmish drop anything but transmelange and stones?
    Dullahan Armors ! But no this update has nothing but rellic and skirmish+1 stuff in the DATs for gear. Does drop wings tho.

But I can kinda confirm the KI droprate being way worse than Yorcias one.

Campaign
    BG Level

Is there some trick like Leafkins in Yorcia? Or levelling up chests?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I ran around ten 1-1-1s last night, and here's what I was able to synthesize out of them:

Starts in the northeastern corner room of the basement
    Blue lines are closed doors
    Red dots are (possible) NMs
    Yellow squares are normal mob clusters
    Purple dots are possible Noetic Ascensions (there are other spots too, including one out in the westernmost square of small rooms somewhere, but those are the two I'm sure about)
    Green squares are chests/mimics.

The normal mobs are always in the same places:
    Umbril x5? in the H-4ish room.
    Skeleton x3 in the J-6ish room.
    Djinn x3 and Acuex x3 in the J-10ish room.

The NMs are randomly placed at the red dots, drawing from Yztarg, Naraka, Marolith, Orthros, Dullahan, and Ironclad. Occassionally in the diamond-shaped rooms there would be no NM. In the other locations there was always one. Certain NMs seem to "like" certain pop locations more than others (M-6 was almost always Naraka or Orthros, Dullahan liked the south pops, Ironclad liked the west pops, Marolith liked the sort of middle area), but that might just be the low sample size talking. Dullahan and Ironclad had the easiest time getting some surprising kills on us, though Orthros had a round where he did a few back to back GoHs that murdered some people too. The other three are pretty safe with some basic knowledge of what their TP moves do, and the Yztarg takes some serious extra damage from piercing.

Everything but the chests repops on around a 5 minute timer, and NM repops are always the same as what they started as. Over in the L-6ish square of rooms, the NM would repop in the southwest room even though it was always initially in the northeast room, for some reason.

The two largish rooms that have Reive walls in them in normal Ra'kazenar "count as" one room for the purposes of pops/repops, even though they look like two rooms connected by an open door. Everything might be in one side or the other or both. This applies to the chests too, they're always in those rooms, but they're not always in the same exact spot.

The chests can be all mimics, or all real, or some combination.

Normal mobs worth a point each, mimics worth a point, NMs worth varying amounts in the 6-12 range from what I saw, though I wasn't paying that close attention to that part so it might be slightly higher or lower. Need 30 points for first objective, 60 for second, in 30 mins. We had a sort of miscellaneous-melee-with-two-healers-and-no-bard thing going on, and as long as we didn't get some accidental deaths early on, clearing the 60 was pretty easy; our best was finishing in a bit over 18 mins.

It's an oddly large area, considering how small the rank3 run posted above was. The southeastern most section really does seem to have nothing in it ever. The map seems to be made up of submaps, even though the "real" Ra'kazenar does it all in one- party member locators wouldn't show up if we got too far apart.

The most efficient approach we ended up settling on was to ignore the umbril side entirely. Start by running to the skeleton room and clearing it and the NM out, then go east to the NM there, then back to the skeleton room, south to the acuex/djinn room, west to the diamond room if there was anything visible on widescan, then kill back up to the skeleton room again. Basically hang around with the highest normal mob concentration picking off the convenient nearby NMs when they repopped.

The droprate on the KI is depressing. We only saw three total in all the runs, so in the 5% ballpark. People ended up with between 0 and 5 wings each, with 6 needed to turn in for a KI at the npc, so that's not really much better, though at least it's progress (unless you're the guy that got 0).

It's pretty fun, though, in moderation. Make sure to turn on your fenrite/dark geode Eminence quests for some free extra sparks.

edit: oh, we did have a "your chest is now 2star" message after killing the Naraka once. No idea how/why/etc; no obvious change in loot. So about par for the course, there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

3 +2 stones into Kannakiri +2, Damage +9 dex3 crit+1, Damage+10 MDB+2 ninjutsu skill +8, and Damage+9 acc+7 eva+8.

Campaign
    BG Level

Judging from the posts in here it seems the augments on weapons are exactely the same as the +1 weapons (which were also the same as the NQ if I recall?)
    On my Kannakiri +1 I have DMG+11, STR+5, DA+2
    Pretty much perfect augment, that's the max you can get I think?
    I didn't even spend that much stones, I just got very very very lucky (for once!)

Sigh...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I also saw an Iclamar+2 with 2DA and 5% WS dmg, I don't remember how much +dmg it had.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Formless strikes and shoulder tackle's stun work on the new butterfly NM. Can pretty much stun lock all the TP moves with 1 buffed MNK.

Is anyone else getting DA +2/Crit+2 fairly easy using wailing +2? I only used 7 stones to get +2 on Otronif hands/legs/feet, which took me more than I care to count for the 113 versions.

Campaign
    BG Level

Give me your gil

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    It's an oddly large area, considering how small the rank3 run posted above was.
    I apologize for my map, marked it up at 3am and it was off our first attempt. We avoided the Yztarg and never went past his room, so I assume we missed a huge chunk of the make by instead cycling through the first 4 rooms. By all means, your map is amazing and makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting it