BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Skirmish III findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

According to the recent dev post, Skirmish NMs will not use their encumbrance TP moves (Iron Giant's Ballistic Kick, Yztarg's Beastruction, and Marolith's Tectonic Shift) if you avoid using a certain damage type on them.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm. With DRG+MNK I've seen Ballistic Kick, and tectonic shift. But never Beastruction. Beastruction trigger might be slashing? Or just lucky it hasn't used it. I haven't done all that many runs.

Thing is... A quote from Kincard's translation.

The NMs we added to Skirmish this time have abilities that can cause encumbrance, however many of these NMs have special behavior implemented in a way such that if you use certain techniques or strategies on them that prevents them from using these abilities.

However, because there were no hints this time I'll let the players in on a little secret...

It seems if you don't deal a certain type of damage to iron giants then mumble grumble...something like that!

There is a trick to each NM, so we encourage players to try many different strategies!
    The way this is phrased means the triggers for anything aside from the Iron giant could be something completely different than dmg types.

But for the Iron Giant at least, I know it can use Kick when dealing one of the dmg types present. Just dunno which one. Piercing, H2H, Blunt(wyvern melee), breath(again, wyvern.) I suppose magic is also a possibility. But I don't specifically recall if dia was used.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    According to the recent dev post, Skirmish NMs will not use their encumbrance TP moves (Iron Giant's Ballistic Kick, Yztarg's Beastruction, and Marolith's Tectonic Shift) if you avoid using a certain damage type on them.
    Did a PUG 1/1/1 last night: (SAM PLD MNK WHM RDM COR)

Marolith's Tectonic Shift: It's triggered by WS. I tried Tachi: Fudo and Namas Arrow (to confirm it wasn't just slashing or piercing) and both caused the shift.
    Yztarg's: It never did Beastruction with our setup. Also, it's VERY weak to piercing (5-7k Namas Arrow). Same "Stone aura" gimmick (WS from backside).

We never saw the Iron Giant. (We took all lefts so all we saw was Marolith, Naraka, Dullaham, and Yztarg)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I have seen beaustruction, ballistic kick, tectonic shift, archeon flame all with just mnk damage (and dia2 at start from whm). I have fought everything several times though and most have not used their trigger moves on some occassions so it may not be static.

WS doesn't trigger Tectonic shift every time if it is the trigger. Sometimes it has fallen down once, sometimes 4 times, all with just a single mnk. Fortunately its extremely easy to avoid and only costs you a little bit of time.

I've no idea what the tirgger moves would be on Naraka/Dullahan/Acuex

As a side note, I have easily 3boxed 2/2/3 2nd objective several times with MNK/BRD/WHM and I imagine it would be possible without the WHM.

The Fenestral Boon option from noetics will randomly take or give you a small number of fragments (I've seen up to 7 taken on a body V)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Is there some trick like Leafkins in Yorcia? Or levelling up chests?
    yes.

We got chest level 4 today on V/V/V (22 wailing stone +2 total).

I saw a *Heartwing* yesterday (not a leafkin). Just like yorcia

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah sorry it was a Heartwing, not a Leafkin, my mistake.
    You cool people should post more augments, altough by now it looks pretty clear that the aguments are exactely the same as the V1 and V2 skirmish ones.
    I also think that the rates are exactely the same (i.e. each augment has the same chance of appearing) and Enjin just got very lucky on his stones.

So in the end I guess the only difference is in the fact you also get MDT together with PDT. It's not bad, but I still find the base stats pretty disappointing for being 119 pieces =/ Guess I got my expectations too high, but it feels like I'm not alone in this...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If you do II Torso - hug left all the way. You will go into the area with the best mob density and point value. Acuex, Iron Gigant and the occasional Marolith and Cerb repopping ontop of each other.

I'm unfamiliar with how heartwings work in yorcia, could someone mention to me how they help?

That being said, i can confirm seeing a heartwing once in all the runs i did. we killed it and didn't get any message.

On another run though, i /bow ed at a chest on my run and opened it, and got a message that treasure was now one star, along with the 4 fragments i got from it. maybe it was just luck on the /bow part, but at the least it seems chests can level up treasure. Oh, and we also encountered a glitched mimic another run where it was stuck on top of one of the pillars in the room, and we couldn't see it from any position or distance to attack it. XD

and the traveler
    BG Level

1/1, used wailing stone +2

Got another KI today, upgraded Ninzas to +2. Here's a list of augments I burned all my stones for in the name of research:

Ninzas +2

NQ

DMG+2
    DMG+4 DEX+1
    DMG+3 STR+3 ACC+3
    DMG+2 AGI+3 ATK+1
    DMG+5
    DMG+2 AGI+1 ATK+4
    DMG+3 DEX+4
    DMG+1
    DMG+1 AGI+5 ATK+2
    DMG+3 AGI+1 ATK+3
    DMG+1 AGI+6 ATK+4
    DMG+1 AGI+9

+1

DMG+4 DEX+5 ACC+6
    DMG+3 AGI+5

+2

DMG+8 DEX+6 ACC+9
    DMG+8 DEX+7 MDB+1

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    1/1, used wailing stone +2
    Got MAB +15 with first NQ stone but much worse stuff after with NQs and HQ.

and the traveler
    BG Level

found on a random RUN in port

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wonder if that WS DMG+ counts like gear(phorcys, etc)and applies only to first hit or like magian weps and applies to all of it? Was that ever tested for skirmish I/II weps?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone have any idea how the butterfly works? it seems to switch to only taking magic damage at 75 or 50% but no idea why, also i have seen the !! pop up a couple of times but nothing seems to change

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We had the same thing happen, then after a while he starts instacasting Meteor. One attempt he took physical damage again for 1 swing then back to only magical damage. If it is anything like delve twith maybe have to deal magical damage of a certain element?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with how heartwings work in yorcia, could someone mention to me how they help?
    In Outer Ra'kaznar? No clue.
    In Yorcia, if killed in time, they simply made an additional armor drop.
    So if the current body would produce 4 armor slots at the end, if you killed the Heartwing (which pops randomly, it's not 100%) that would be 5 armors.

"in time" = before you get the last message "if you reach secondary objective you're gonna get .....".
    Killing it after that would produce no results.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    Anyone have any idea how the butterfly works? it seems to switch to only taking magic damage at 75 or 50% but no idea why, also i have seen the !! pop up a couple of times but nothing seems to change
    It seemed like when we fought it, different types of magic seemed to trigger it, but the triggers didn't last long and it would go back to taking 0 damage. I ended up using mura on sam, with a tp mob near by and having the geo we take nuke it down.

I assume MNK formless would work, if we ever took MNKs.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    I assume MNK formless would work, if we ever took MNKs.
    that, and enspells for your non-mnk dds help somewhat

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ignore shitty wrong map, look at link below

Spoiler: show
    Shitty edit for Torso II:

No guarantee for anything. Note how 2 NMs can be in the Eastern Room. There can also be 2 NMs in the hallways north of it. So camping around that area is very efficient. Goal 2 with 10 minutes to spare and an above average but not perfect group. The other areas seemed very dry to me and require lot of walking. Prepare to put up with IronGigants and Acuex tho. Yay 12 points - boo lots of smashing your face.

I also want to share my little SCH cheatsheet:

Normal Mobs:
    umbril stone/fire
    acuex fire/ice

NM:
    acuex - ice
    behe/yztarg/maro - Noctohelix
    chaputli - stone
    naraka/dulla - fire/thunder
    iron gigant - fuck/you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast