+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Skirmish III findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You lose all augments when you +1 them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you can turn them in but augments get wiped off, this a big reason why skirmish 3 fails alot to attract peeps to do it

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Can we get a list going of known NM triggers in Skirmish III?

Feels so random at the moment: sometimes we'll go in and destroy everything with no issues and others we get spammed with encumbrance moves, meteors, and other nasty TP moves and barely finish. I don't really see a pattern emerging thus far. . . but I tend to get groups where someone can't comprehend the idea of "Not Weaponskilling" to test out theories. Ditto for not casting Dia II on everything. Any actual findings would be really awesome.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And how do I turn them in to +1 them? Does it require a KI? Can I just buy a +1 pair with a KI?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but none of this is in the wiki.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    And how do I turn them in to +1 them? Does it require a KI? Can I just buy a +1 pair with a KI?

Someone already answered you...
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    get KI, trade armor and KI to npc, get +1 armor

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Don't be sorry, read the update notes: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40059

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Multiabuse View Post
    Can we get a list going of known NM triggers in Skirmish III?

Feels so random at the moment: sometimes we'll go in and destroy everything with no issues and others we get spammed with encumbrance moves, meteors, and other nasty TP moves and barely finish. I don't really see a pattern emerging thus far. . . but I tend to get groups where someone can't comprehend the idea of "Not Weaponskilling" to test out theories. Ditto for not casting Dia II on everything. Any actual findings would be really awesome.
    Red proc does not necessarilly prevents encumberment.

I only know about the Yztarg (ape) NM. Use a WS from behind and it will remove its shield. This doesn't prevent beastruction. That said I only saw like 2 beastruction in 30 runs. One on the firs t run because i decided to solo it, and one where i was somehow superslow to kill it.

I red proc the butterfly NM with a WS while I was doing zero dmg. The NM had 5% HP left or something so I couldn't see what it did. I dont think it pervents meteor. The NM does't always use meteor either. You can silence it anyway.

The Iron clad rarely uses the emcumberment move. Never red proced it, only dangerous move is "aoe weakness", this one sucks, rarely uses it.

The other Nms are too weak to bother imo.

Someone posted about JPs saying not to use magic or skillchain dmg on the Ironclad. We did this today and he wasn't too bad (just dispelled like nuts).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Spent my first Wailing +2 on Kannakiri. Here are the results if anyone's interested:

Campaign
    BG Level

Pretty nice. On my Kannakiri+1 I have DMG+11, STR+5, DA+2 (which are the max values you could get, afaik).
    These new +2 weapons definitely use a different model. That looks lovely btw

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    These new +2 weapons definitely use a different model. That looks lovely btw
    I think it's the ilvl 106 peacekeeper co weapon models

Campaign
    BG Level

No I meant "augmentation model", as in the random/mathematical model/paradigm behind the possible augmentation, I wasn't talking about the 3D model of the weapon.
    Poor wording I guess, sorry!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We ran into the butterfly again today, and we had a RNG whos damage kept going when the rest of us started doing 0. Appears ranged damage doesn't stop when physical damage does, and if i had to guess i would say its also likely weak to ranged or piercing in general, because a single RNG was able to drop it 75% to <10% in under 30 seconds. Yoichi SAM is probably incredible in these runs, and whenever ranged/piercing isn't, great katana + skillchains usually is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can attest that normal piercing dmg doesn't ignore the butterfly's PDT. I get to hit 0 on DRG while the MNKs beat it down with formless. -.-; Although, before the PDT goes up I hit hard as hell. Might be piercing weak normally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well normal butterflys take an extra 25% from peircing so makes sense that it would have it

I don't know if it was mentioned before in this thread, but the Dullahan seems to not use it's worse moves if it's enfeebled. Dia, Elegy, etc. Also, it can be Lullaby'd.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

the JP blog seems down, anyone saved the maps?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I can attest that normal piercing dmg doesn't ignore the butterfly's PDT. I get to hit 0 on DRG while the MNKs beat it down with formless. -.-; Although, before the PDT goes up I hit hard as hell. Might be piercing weak normally.
    maybe the butterfly changes mode on what damage it takes, depending on its previous damage taken until some point. Like in the final ToAU mission battle against the BLU. Deal too much physical damage ----> becomes immune to physical damage, deal too much range damage ----> immune to ranged damage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    the JP blog seems down, anyone saved the maps?

The direct image links appear to be working still

Tier I

Tier II

Tier III

Tier IV

Tier V

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    maybe the butterfly changes mode on what damage it takes, depending on its previous damage taken until some point. Like in the final ToAU mission battle against the BLU. Deal too much physical damage ----> becomes immune to physical damage, deal too much range damage ----> immune to ranged damage etc.
    This is entirely possible. I think the PDT usually starts around 75%? Someone should try nuking it down. See if they start doing 0 after 75%. Or maybe start with formless up, and see if it starts doing 0.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast