+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

24k.... thought and hope are going for 50k+ even before this update...
    hands, legs, feets prices are going to raise...

Yeah people will just skip the forgotten head and body and pay the hundredpieces if it's cheaper.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy mother of god at THF relic 119 feet....

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Woo, thank god blm armor is totally shit. It would otherwise made the time I spent exping in dynamis on blm worth the effort, and make the money I spent +2ing the pieces not wasted either!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Woo, thank god blm armor is totally shit. It would otherwise made the time I spent exping in dynamis on blm worth the effort, and make the money I spent +2ing the pieces not wasted either!
    THF Head, Hands, and Legs are are trash... Hands only worth upgrading for the I.lvStat vomit when you equip them for TH hits, Head is easily replaced by not only Skirmish head+1 but a lot of other crap, and Legs are just lul.

Feet and body are sex tier though, i want them on my body.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    THF Head, Hands, and Legs are are trash... Hands only worth upgrading for the I.lvStat vomit when you equip them for TH hits, Head is easily replaced by not only Skirmish head+1 but a lot of other crap, and Legs are just lul.

Feet and body are sex tier though, i want them on my body.
    But I was talking about BLM, which has 0 useful pieces.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    But I was talking about BLM, which has 0 useful pieces.
    I was giving you some perspective in that theres a lot of sets with shit tier shit but I don't believe truly that went over your head, I imagine you're just trying to drive the point that again, BLM was boned.

Consider yourself lucky, I mean, with all BLM being crap, you don't have to worry about the Super inflation of the otherwise worthless synth mats, and you can focus on other jobs, like... Other jobs?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah I guess so, but BLM is like my dead baby. ;/

Useless but not forgotten D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If we are ever given a reason to use AM2 again (maybe a magic alternative to the pld +rng methods) head will be good. Hands good for MB

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If we are ever given a reason to use AM2 again (maybe a magic alternative to the pld +rng methods) head will be good. Hands good for MB
    They can start with removing -mdt from stuff. On normal AA i can do like 400 T1 nukes. On WKR i can do 1000-1500 >.>.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm pretty underwhelmed by most new relic armor. No new unique stats for the most part, simply just stat vomit(most of which are inferior to delve pieces), at least for RDM, DRG, BLU, SCH. For RDM, I suppose Body/Hands for Enhancing Skill, for DRG feet and head for Breath. I wonder if Pteroslaver Legs+2 will have more Enmity Reduction for High Jump. Come to think of it, wasn't it said that Vishap Brais+1's bonus is -25% enmity to high jump? Why would they put two of the same bonuses on two JSE pieces of the same slot?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The list of worthwhile relic pieces is lower than the list of worthwhile AF pieces, that I noticed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think once you add in the addition of the augments on all this gear it may be better than first glance. I mean dnc gear looks maybe shitty but it is situationally pretty awesome the the augments.

The fact that you can skip the whole exping bull with this is also quite the boon for any non melee job. I mean being able to get the Nightingale and Troubador buffs from relic gear for my bard without meleeing in dynamis for a week is pretty awesome actually.

If anything, this is a good way to easily skip the exping in dynamis magian trials for a lot of people. I think we'll really need to reanalyze the pieces with the augments in mind to figure out if they are shitty or awesome, because Im noticing it's pretty deceptive.

Edit some good examples here of pieces being deceptively better than first glance:

Horos Tights
    DEF:79 HP+22 STR+21 VIT+10 AGI+12 INT+19 MND+11 CHR+10 Accuracy+9 Magic Accuracy+9 Evasion+17 Magic Evasion+47 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Haste+6% "Jig" duration +40

but they also have:

Enhances saber dance: +1% double attack per merit level. So 5% double attack with capped merits. And thats if SE didnt change the augment.

Valor gloves double the potency of chivalry, once again paladin isn't that great of a job to go and try and exp in dynamis with, now you can get this pretty sweet buff with all those extra page 3s you got tanking those runs with your paladin!

Thief pants add another -50 eva to Feint, probably a pretty nice macro piece.

Thief feet also give assasin's charge a 5% crit rate at full merits, which when combined with the other triple attack stats on it seem not half bad, at worst a good macro piece.

Whm feet/legs are now pretty much mandatory. Before you had the excuse that getting that augment was a bitch as a whm... Not anymore! +25 defense and another -2% MDT for the whole party!

Obviously brd feet/body are super important, especially for duarby bards for that extra duration on their troub/night, letting them concentrate better on bard rotations without worrying about the ability wearing.

Warrior feet and legs look pretty important for hardcore warriors. I can't imagine the epeen numbers a warrior will be able to put out with RF2 legs and popping Warrior's charge @_@

Those are the jobs Im most familiar with, but just a quick glance and I couldn't find a single set that didn't have at least 2 must have pieces for people hardcore into that job. Particularly the pieces with an augment that correlates to the strongest merits that job uses seem to be really good.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Has anyone tested to see if augment effects have changed at all? If they improved them at all it'd make some of this gear more appealing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

RNG hat augment is unchanged.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Quick glancing over of SMN AF:
    Head: Looks to be the new MAB BP head. Surprising.
    How so? HQ is Pet Mab +23, which is the same value I got on my NQ Hagondes with an NQ stone (lucky one, I know). As far as we know augments on HQ Hagondes could be even better.
    If we're talking about magical BP swap the HQ+1 piece doesn't seem "the new mab bp head". If we're talking about a multipurpose inventorysaver item then yes, altough I'd still prefer a refresh +2 head there and get avatar perp- in other slots (many options these days)

Body: Might flat out replace Caller's. Might have to retire the entire set now...
    NQ already replaces Caller's+2 I'd say, but with Hagondes you could get perp-5.
    HQ Body might be nice, perp-5? Also the crit rate is a nice addition for when you want to idle with avatar out and that body.
    Last but not least, the BPII bonus which is rare and precious, hoping the HQ will have -2.

Hands: Good for skill, not much else. Practically drowning in -BPDelay I.
    Best hands for skill altough not as huge of a jump as I was hoping for from the 99 version.
    I guess it could be a decent physical BP piece if you don't have BP+% damage in the hands slot.
    The augment is pretty much useless, especially on an item like this with physical stats.

Legs: Worthless. FFS SE, can you fucking make a pair of pants SMN want to wear?
    Supposing the JS effect is furtherly enhanced from 99, it could be a nice piece to idle with when you want to mess around with elementals (lol).
    The augment+macc make it the best piece for merit BPs macc, but do we really need that much macc with current content? I'd rather use Ngen seraweels onestly. Or Caller's+2 with its TP bonus for Magical BPs.
    Might need to keep an eye on this though. If you noticed some pieces went from BPI on 109 to BPII on 119. The same could happen with these legs and at that point you'd want them for BP swap.

Feet: Only -1 BPDelay II on them is a bit disappointing. I'm no mathologist but they might be the best physical BP feet around.
    Before the recent Avatar adjustments, +att for avatar on physical BPs did practically nothing. Dunno if after the changes now the difference can be somehow noticeable.
    I'm leaning to think that Convoker's+1 would be a best choices for the slot for both physical AND magical.

My two cents on SMN af.
    Basically aside from the possible potential of the body slot, it seems to be a disappointing set. Sure the BPII is nice but with those amounts it's kinda like trolling us.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Relic gear lvls 109 and 119 cant be stored yet correct?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

@ urat: kinda confused here, if i can get the exp done with my sch or whm by purely meleeing with just war or sam sub in one sitting i am sure a brd shouldnt have any issues at all ilvl gear and weapons push you so much further that its like you are a lvl 99 melee with the evasion of a thf. there seriously is no problem doing it solo on a mage job now, especially on brd, if correctly geared and with a decent ws(merit) at hand

Campaign
    BG Level

BRD/DNC is fantastic in Dynamis. Don't even need exenterator (I mean, if you have it 5/5 sure then), Mordant Rhime works really nice.
    Can easily reach capped haste on BRD with decent stats thanks to statvomit and other stuff.
    Haven't tried mages and PLD, but imho BRD is gonna give better XP than them

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    BRD/DNC is fantastic in Dynamis. Don't even need exenterator (I mean, if you have it 5/5 sure then), Mordant Rhime works really nice.
    Can easily reach capped haste on BRD with decent stats thanks to statvomit and other stuff.
    Haven't tried mages and PLD, but imho BRD is gonna give better XP than them
    SCH and WHM have no problem, i have done them with ilvl stat vomits np.