BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Actually, doing the math on Ophannus' log shows +3 Acc/Eva per tick for RUN main and for sub RUN.
    Yeah, i just checked the pictures myself.

Anyone having issue with the option to check relic upgrades not showing on the npc? Have all the Delve, VW, Dynamis clears. Npc only offers af upgrade to check them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    Anyone having issue with the option to check relic upgrades not showing on the npc? Have all the Delve, VW, Dynamis clears. Npc only offers af upgrade to check them.
    Did you talk to Sagheera? Speak w/ her about relic upgrades and then return to Monisette.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It looks like Warrior's Feet/Body lost their Berserk/Aggressor penalty reductions. On the body I can see that this was maybe just absorbed into the base stats for the body (evasion+20), but the feet just purely seem to lose it. Can anyone verify?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hmm I checked the timestamps incorrectly. Still pretty decent chunk of acc/eva. Now it'll be interesting to test under what circumstances does the bonus reset? Crits? Damage exceeding a certain HP% threshold? AF2 Bonus?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can anyone confirm if the berserk effect duration bonus+ from Pummeler's lorica+1 stacks with the berserk duration+ from Agoge calligae+1?

For the matter of clarification, are those two berserk duration bonuses the same thing?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont see why it wouldnt?

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Nin relic body looks hot with utsusemi cast time reduction.

Think I'll grab thf hands for +2 TH for farming dyna first though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    Nin relic body looks hot with utsusemi cast time reduction.
    I like it a lot, more than the 119 artifact.
    It's kinda a shame Relic and Artifact Body/Legs are kinda redundant now...

Mochizuki+2 hands are hot too. If your attack ain't capped and you can survive the loss of 8acc, they're better than Otronif+1 with DA+2 augment.
    They're also an excellent WS piece for Blade Shun (best?) and a decent option for Hi as well despite the low Agi (not in capped att situations, of course).

I'm feeling a bit disheartened by all these upgrades. I know that rationally it makes no sense, but atm I'm kinda trying to wait as much as possible for the 119 upgrades.
    For a player like me it's a lot of effort to get a single piece to 119, I wish I could pick the ones I like most by choosing between all the 3 Job Specific sets, I don't really want to work 2 weeks farming stuff for a 119 piece only to see it become useless once reforged Empy come out (which is gonna be a couple of months, I think).
    Meh, thinking this way leads you nowhere because there's always going to be something better, eventually, but at least for the JS Equip I really wish I could choose between all 3 before upgrading...
    For instance I already regret upgrading NIN AF body and Legs, or BRD head, and other stuff as well.

The thought that a lot of the reforged relic pieces which seem awesome now may be beaten, potentially, by Reforged Empy (several possible examples we can make), kinda pulls back my will to upgrade them asap.
    Dunno if anybody else feels this strange way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet so gonna put this here. Pteroslaver Armet does increase healing breath further over Wyrm Armet +2 if anyone was wondering. HB with nothing but Wyrm Armet +2 equipped was 612 HP healed, 0 wyvern exp. With just Pteroslaver it was 647 HP healed. With the armets and a 115 polearm the numbers were 660 HP and 697 HP respectively. Forgot to check based healed HP with nothing equiped but I think that number is known somewhere. Also forgot to test the deep breathing augment but I'll probably do that tonight in abyssea where I'll have enough HP to test.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Didn't see this posted anywhere yet so gonna put this here. Pteroslaver Armet does increase healing breath further over Wyrm Armet +2 if anyone was wondering. HB with nothing but Wyrm Armet +2 equipped was 612 HP healed, 0 wyvern exp. With just Pteroslaver it was 647 HP healed. With the armets and a 115 polearm the numbers were 660 HP and 697 HP respectively. Forgot to check based healed HP with nothing equiped but I think that number is known somewhere. Also forgot to test the deep breathing augment but I'll probably do that tonight in abyssea where I'll have enough HP to test.
    HB formula is: FLOOR((53/256(HB IV) + 43/256(Drachen Helm Bonus) + 5/256(Belt Bonus) +5/256(Neck Bonus) + ??(Wyvern TP Bonus) + 75/256(Deep Breathing Bonus with 5/5 and +2 hat) )*(Wyv. HP + Wyv +HP gear)*(Drachen Brais Bonus +Drachen Feet Bonus + Wyvern XP Bonus + 1)+60)

i.e. old helm added 43/256 to breath formula or ~ 17%. New helm looks to add 49/256 which is ~19%, explaining the +19 on the hat.

Deep breathing by itself adds 50/256, rising by 5/256 per merit with the hat augment.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I like it a lot, more than the 119 artifact.
    It's kinda a shame Relic and Artifact Body/Legs are kinda redundant now...

Mochizuki+2 hands are hot too. If your attack ain't capped and you can survive the loss of 8acc, they're better than Otronif+1 with DA+2 augment.
    They're also an excellent WS piece for Blade Shun (best?) and a decent option for Hi as well despite the low Agi (not in capped att situations, of course).

I'm feeling a bit disheartened by all these upgrades. I know that rationally it makes no sense, but atm I'm kinda trying to wait as much as possible for the 119 upgrades.
    For a player like me it's a lot of effort to get a single piece to 119, I wish I could pick the ones I like most by choosing between all the 3 Job Specific sets, I don't really want to work 2 weeks farming stuff for a 119 piece only to see it become useless once reforged Empy come out (which is gonna be a couple of months, I think).
    Meh, thinking this way leads you nowhere because there's always going to be something better, eventually, but at least for the JS Equip I really wish I could choose between all 3 before upgrading...
    For instance I already regret upgrading NIN AF body and Legs, or BRD head, and other stuff as well.

The thought that a lot of the reforged relic pieces which seem awesome now may be beaten, potentially, by Reforged Empy (several possible examples we can make), kinda pulls back my will to upgrade them asap.
    Dunno if anybody else feels this strange way.
    Yea I know what ya mean about the regret. However I am focusing on getting pieces that won't become obsolete. Like first thing I'm getting is the relic hands for THF because they won't make the EMP gear with it. However I am going to make it a point to get the EMP+2 feet ASAP so when they do come out with that gear reformed ill have solid fulltime TH gear and not be gimped in those spots.

As for ninja even if it gets replaced the chest piece and EMP feet both provide unique bonuses to things no other piece does.

With upgrading those pieces alone I have a ton of work ahead of me as is in farming sparks(need like 200k easy) so I'm not too worried about it. I suggest you also stick to doing the same so what you described doesn't happen again.

Also side question, what does it mean when something says "enhances blood boon II"? Since when did abilities with one rank suddenly get Ii after it? Does that mean something different? Also why is dual wield written as +3 sometimes and not +3%? Do these numbers do different things? Am I missing something? I've tried google but get outdated info or just speculation from random forum posters. Anyone know?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I posted in the things broken thread, but then thought this might be a more appropriate place. My Piety Briault only seems to be giving me +7 hp/tick... using Piety, marduk tiara+1 and 5/5 merits my regen 4 is 45hp/tick. Anyone else having this issue?

Double checked with all tiers of regen on myself-
    regen 17 -5 (from gear and trait) =12
    regen II 26 -5 = 21
    regen III 37 -5= 32
    regen IV 50 -5= 45

So no difference in potency from a cleric's briault +2.

Edit- Doh! found my answer in the random facts thread. Regen pot+23 is actually a percentage increase... super lame.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    I suggest you also stick to doing the same so what you described doesn't happen again.
    Yeah for the moment I'm farming as many Rem Tales 1-10 as I can and holding them up. I'm only upgrading those few pieces with very very specific unique enhancements which I know will keep their worth even in the future (like your example of TH gear).

Also side question, what does it mean when something says "enhances blood boon II"?
    Where did you see that? I only remember "blood pact delay- II", which is just the same as the tier I but on a separate timer.
    "Blood pact delay-" bonus has a cap of -15, the tier II simply adds another cap, allowing you to go under the 45seconds recast.

Also why is dual wield written as +3 sometimes and not +3%? Do these numbers do different things?
    For Dual Wield specifically I think it's exactely the same, just different ways of typing.
    We don't know the exact values of Reforged Relic AF body/legs btw. Someone suggested 7 (one less) for body and 3 (same value as 119 version) for legs, but we're not 100% sure.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Good to know and yea it was BP delay I saw and not what I posted. I forgot that bp- was capped.

Also a little OT but where can SMN get +physical damage and acc gear for physical BPs? Seems all get is MAB and makes me think its magical BPs or bust. Is pred claws outdated now because it seems like it.

Campaign
    BG Level

You can't get physical damage gear. There's some acc gear, or some +skill gear (skill gives macc/acc to avatar BPs). In theory there's also some +att gear but they give very small amounts and, at least in the past, they made no difference at all.
    A lot of stuff has changed with Avatars' base att and stats so it might be worth it these days? I dunno, but I doubt it.
    For physical BPs your best choice is using "BP Damage+ X%" gear.

Speaking of physical BPs, I remember SE saying that the last patch would have increased their damage but I never saw anybody reporting anything about it. Anything changed? Predator's Claw and Ifrit's BP any better now?

Campaign
    BG Level

Dear lord...
    And these were taken afte the last patch, correct?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yea and the difference is very significative. It's a good thing since physical pacts had poorly evolved after the level 75 cap, unlike magical pacts.

Campaign
    BG Level

Well but Flaming Crush is actually two hits, a first weak physical hit and a second powerful magical hit. It was discovered a while ago on these boards when someone posted 16k+ BP damage in WoE using Ifrit's Flaming Crush with MAB gear instead of normal Physical Gear. I don't remember the author of the original post but yeah.
    I never reached those numbers but I got pretty insane damage as well using Flaming Crush against weak stuff/WoE enemies. Those spikes weren't 100% but still very common.
    Normally you don't notice the huge damage because the first hit kills weak enemies. You need to find something with enough HP but that at the same time is not too stronger/higherlevel than you.
    WoE was probably perfect for that.

This is still confusing though. Those numbers were obtained with magical BP gear using the "second" and main part of Flaming Crush. Did you use physical gear instead?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast