Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

The December and January Version Update Survey

Today we've implemented a survey for the December and January version updates and are requesting participation from adventurers all over Vana'diel!

The survey encompasses the new Trust initiative, Records of Eminence, artifact armor reforging, and all of the quality of life improvements that were made in both the December and January version updates. Your feedback goes a long way to help us create an even better game and we look forward to hearing from everyone.

Survey period:
    From Tuesday, February 18, 2014 to Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 6:00 a.m. (PST)

Start the survey here.

*A Square Enix Account is required to participate in this survey.
    *This survey can only be completed once for a single Square Enix Account.
    *Players they are still in a free trial period will not be able to participate in this survey.

EU: http://sqex.to/7M5

A lot more dissatisfied in that survey than I expected.

Ended up being like 50/50.

Only thing I really like is the being able to enter salvage solo, and some of overdue things that're 10 years better late than never.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh come on, warping between home points is probably the best adjustment there.

That's in the long overdue things we should've had 10 years ago category.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Good point.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Now just please make everything sendable within accounts. I am looking at you, cat's eye.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i tried to fill it out, but there is constantly an error happening when trying to send lol

i wanted to say that I am somwhat unsatisfied with RoE due to the lack of backline/support repatable records... this is really bothering me as healer/supporter.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I told them what I thought! Glad they are asking, show initiative.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Other than quality of life stuff, I didn't realize how much other stuff had been added. Most of my replies were of the "I haven't participated" variety.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I keep getting "The Region is different" crap on both of my accounts. Granted one is registered in Canada, but the other one is NA.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well people love their RoE.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Monstrosity results and Matsui's comment on them are encouraging. Granted, I was shocked by the majority saying they hadn't even tried it yet. However, we can clearly see that even with it's currently limited scope, the vast majority who DID try it weren't dissatisfied with it. Looks like Matsui saw the results and reached the proper conclusion that once people actually have things to do and reasons to do it, it could be very satisfying content. Hopefully, that comment manifests itself in practical terms.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly I'm actually kinda surprised the didn't tried wasn't bigger. The community in general is very reward driven even if it's only town gear.

I'd love to see them actually explore the whole augmentation system enough to make it useful. There was so much potential and an decent amount of effort put into it but the execution was horrible. I mean right now it's a huge chore to augment usually involving leeching points from or to a mule (since the risk/reward to actually doing pvm is completely out of whack)... and despite the effort it's mostly stuff I wouldn't have worn at 75. At this point I'd even accept a sort of easy out where they just made monstrosity an alternative method of doing soa augments

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    I was shocked by the majority saying they hadn't even tried it yet.
    How are you shocked?
    /raises hand
    Haven't tried it yet.

I have no doubts it's a lot of fun and I'd love to try it, but with the INSANE amount of stuff added to the "main" game and I get not even close in doing what I want to do, where would I find the time to "have fun" in something like Monstrosity?
    I also heard levelling/unlocking different mobs is quite a good grind as well. I really have no time for something like this.
    I'm leaning to think this is the situation for a large part of the player base, I don't see what's "shocking" in this.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'd love to see them actually explore the whole augmentation system enough to make it useful.
    Stop giving them ideas!
    The only type of augmentation that works, imho, is that which you can control and that has a narrow set of paths.
    Delve augments is a good example of how the system could and should work.
    Expand it with more paths (5? 6?) and you have an almost perfect augmentation system, in my book at least.

Fuck random shit like the lv75 augment system, the synergy one or even the Skirmish one, fuck all that RNG crap!

/emorant OFF

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Stop giving them ideas!
    The only type of augmentation that works, imho, is that which you can control and that has a narrow set of paths.
    Delve augments is a good example of how the system could and should work.
    Expand it with more paths (5? 6?) and you have an almost perfect augmentation system, in my book at least.

Fuck random shit like the lv75 augment system, the synergy one or even the Skirmish one, fuck all that RNG crap!

/emorant OFF
    Um the monstrosity augment system is controlled with limited paths. It's exactly like the delve one except once you rank one to max if it isn't the highest level peice you can evolve it into a higher level instead of delves toss and get the new delves stuff. And if you want to switch paths you can anytime you want without losing progress.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Um the monstrosity augment system is controlled with limited paths. It's exactly like the delve one except once you rank one to max if it isn't the highest level peice you can evolve it into a higher level instead of delves toss and get the new delves stuff. And if you want to switch paths you can anytime you want without losing progress.
    unfortunately, they tied it into fucking with people trying to level in monstrosity instead of making it come from monstrosity itself

luckily, it's all terrible

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it had a lot of potential and the way you do the augments is awesome... but it's tied to mvp which is terribad and there is only one useable augment out of the whole lot and it's only a slight upgrade to other stuff