BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

patch notes...its right in the patch notes

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Everything is the same except HP, so 6 man delve is harder than 18 man delve, as you can't bring as much support.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Everything is the same except HP, so 6 man delve is harder than 18 man delve, as you can't bring as much support.
    you are not limited to 6..... -_-

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    you are not limited to 6..... -_-
    They never said you were?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What? I find that hard to believe. I just did a 6 man Tojil and it took 20 minutes and seemed a ton easier.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

actually thats not quiet true, 6 man is easier, because there is less coordination needed and mobs dont tend to spam TP moves, which makes it for the support quiet easier. This is assuming none of the 6 persons is slacking. however if 1 is slacking out of 6 its more noticeable then if 1 person is slacking out of 18.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When I did Daquwaka with 6, the TP spam seemed to be just the same as always, and we could only fit 1 SCH stunner and no GEOs or CORs with only 6 people. I found it a LOT harder than 18 man Daquwaka.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

When I did Daquwaka with 6, the TP spam seemed to be just the same as always, and we could only fit 1 SCH stunner and no GEOs or CORs with only 6 people. I found it a LOT harder than 18 man Daquwaka.
    I see a lot of people going in with 9 instead of 6 but I am not sure of how successful that is.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I see a lot of people going in with 9 instead of 6 but I am not sure of how successful that is.
    HP scales accordingly, 9 peeps = NMs have 50% or 66% less HP then 18 man version, at least thats what I was told

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Are there any "strats for stupids" around using beads?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

stun all ws's on mobs with bad ws's. if you see a ws go off, kick the stunner.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Are there any "strats for stupids" around using beads?
    If beading stuff is necessary then you're better off using 1-2 pld and 2-3 rngs depending on how good/bad the players in question are.

Ceizak - bead scorpion, tax'et and mastop. Twitherym will die in like 1-3mins with 2 rngs, chapuli is only a little bit longer. Bee should die faster than chapuli, if you have 2 plds have them stand on opposing sides so they aren't both hate reset/weakened at same time.

Foret - Bead cracklaw, urganite, orobon. From what I've seen the Krab's PDT won't scale in line with its reduced hp so killing it with just rngs shouldn't take long, pugil is just a normal fight. No reason to bring 2 pld for shark, its the least threatening to a pld and it makes positioning easier for rngs/mages only having to be in cure range of 1 person.

Morimar - Bead matamata, pieste, turtle. Everything is easy and dies fast. Tojil obviously has lahar but it doesn't reset hate and pld in DT gear should have 0 issues living.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    If beading stuff is necessary then you're better off using 1-2 pld and 2-3 rngs depending on how good/bad the players in question are.
    Thx, exactly what I was looking for.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just out of curiosity what are the full job lists for 6 man delve with pld and rngs?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Just out of curiosity what are the full job lists for 6 man delve with pld and rngs?
    I just went in yesterday first time since 6 months into foret with sch/blm whm/sch brd/whm mnk/run mnk/run mnk/run.

if you are talkign about ceizak you dont need rangers for that, sam with bows or blus with requiescat finish the bee off fast too.

probably your generic PLD RNG RNG BRD WHM (insert 2. buffer or stunner or whatever). There isnt much to stun in ceizak ecxept for the scorp, but that one is easiest done by just absolute terror when reaching the 50% HP mark.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    probably your generic PLD RNG RNG BRD WHM (insert 2. buffer or stunner or whatever).
    I brought PLD(ochain only) RNG RNG BRD WHM SCH to Ceizak fracture, and while its incredibly safe, damage tends to be a little slow even with decked out RNG, so we timed out just as we got to the bee. Beading just one of the NMs out will guarantee the win for the most part.

If you're trying to use this set up, it might be wise to bring it up to a 12 man run and bring more RNG BRD COR to improve damage potential. Otherwise for 6 man I would recommend BLU and SAM with yoichis as Damane mentioned.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    I brought PLD(ochain only) RNG RNG BRD WHM SCH to Ceizak fracture, and while its incredibly safe, damage tends to be a little slow even with decked out RNG, so we timed out just as we got to the bee. Beading just one of the NMs out will guarantee the win for the most part.

If you're trying to use this set up, it might be wise to bring it up to a 12 man run and bring more RNG BRD COR to improve damage potential. Otherwise for 6 man I would recommend BLU and SAM with yoichis as Damane mentioned.
    I seriously dont see the reason tough doing this with a RNG setup. BLUs and SAMs with bows destroy everything in ceizak including the bee. and the 2 most annoying NMs chapuli and scorp can be absoluted terrord by blu, makeing them piss easy.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I seriously dont see the reason tough doing this with a RNG setup. BLUs and SAMs with bows destroy everything in ceizak including the bee. and the 2 most annoying NMs chapuli and scorp can be absoluted terrord by blu, makeing them piss easy.
    I thought it was obvious but, it is suitable for players who lack pro stuns and heals for Muyingwa. Most of his moves can easily put down your melees without quick reflexes, yet does next to nothing to an ochain PLD. As I mentioned, the biggest sacrifice is kill speed, but you gain a lot of security in survival.

For anyone that wants to ask "what's the best set up for all of current delve", many set ups work fine. But the priority must be placed on having a skilled WHM and SCH to get you through the nasty tp moves, and then the DPS potential to clear on time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Why are you using rng setups without beads? The primary justification for rng pld strat is that it basically makes it impossible to wipe at the cost of kill speed. I really have no idea why you bring both a sch and whm when you take pld, thats essentially 1 wasted spot right there.

If you aren't beading you use melees, if you need to bead then you use rng and pld to make up for the fact you have sub par players.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Since reading is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Why are you using rng setups without beads? The primary justification for rng pld strat is that it basically makes it impossible to wipe at the cost of kill speed. I really have no idea why you bring both a sch and whm when you take pld, thats essentially 1 wasted spot right there.

If you aren't beading you use melees, if you need to bead then you use rng and pld to make up for the fact you have sub par players.
    Beading just one of the NMs out will guarantee the win for the most part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast