Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo Delve Lowman setups     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Neo Delve Lowman setups

So what are the experiences till now? What are good group sizes? What is the minimum you can actually bring to beat a boss? (with or without beads)

We did 2x 1-5 + Tojil yesterday with RDM/WHM, SCH/BLM, BRD/WHM (3 song gjallar), Oats MNK/WAR x2, and DRK/WAR Apoc. First time we wiped to Tojil off the bat because of lack of preparation. Second time we wiped at 62% because of adds and because the RDM (me) had not played RDM in like forever and fucked up some dispels/erases. We got him to 62% in less than 3 minutes though, so it's definitely possible, will just take some adjustment. TP moves are FAR less frequent with only 3 people beating on the mob.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

MNK 3x SCH BRD WHM for Morimar.

SAM MNK 2x SCH BRD WHM for Ceizak/Foret.

Already did Morimar/Ceizak in ~24-27min with above setups with ease, I suspect Foret won't be much different but the reliance on formless strikes might make it a little annoying. Also you'll need a mura SAM for foret. BLU probably works in place of SAM too.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Our MNK never removed formless strikes and was still doing a lot of damage per hit (without WSing at all) when Krab died, so it seems the PDT/MDT it gains hasn't been adjusted to suit its new lower hp, meaning a purely physical DD group should have 0 issues killing it. You probably still want 1 MNK for Cracklaw but even that should be quick to nuke down with SCH or RDM.

I don't see any reason to bring more than 1 stunner to any zone, especially foret or ceizak. RDM is also a superior stunner if you are running without a cor (Dia3).

All of the zones should be easily clearable in under 20mins for a good group.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Do the general stats of the mobs drop too? or is only HP being cut?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We were able to easily clear tojil with a couple setups.
    1. Monk, Sam, Bard, rdm, whm, Sch
    2. Monk, Monk, Sam, bard, whm, sch

The nm's all have less hp but their respective damage seems unchanged. The non NM mobs are unchanged. They still have same hp so if tojil is stuck in the back of room you'll have to clear mobs to pull clean or sing then sac pull on bard. We did both methods. A good sch can really speed up the kills with t1 nuke between stuns.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Did Tojil earlier pretty easy similar to setup above.

WHM BRD SCH SAM MNK MNK

SCH MNK MNK were pugged, SCH was able to enfeeble and stun. A couple of Lahars got through just because his stun timer wasn't up, but it wasn't game over like it can be in 18man thanks to MNKs high HP pool and inner strength. I also noticed his weakness changing at different percentages (indidated by the new blue !!) than stated on BG Wiki. It actually went into blunt at 19% rather than 24. I can't really remember the rest I only noticed that because I was weakened and spectating. (got wrecked during Slashing phase D: )

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Woth the nm's hp being sliced down, how hard is it for a single monk to take down mata then? Because pre nerf I could generally get mata down to 25% on my own in one cycle without 2 houring or any buffs, and with double march and haste I could occasionally kill, but generally got it down to 5~7%.

So if the hp is reduced by any noticeable amount then the prospect of just going into delve to trio the NMs for plutons seems like some pretty good money...

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

If you couldn't solo DD kill Mata prepatch with haste and double march then you're awful.

We went after 4 WSs after patch and killed it easily.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Woth the nm's hp being sliced down, how hard is it for a single monk to take down mata then? Because pre nerf I could generally get mata down to 25% on my own in one cycle without 2 houring or any buffs, and with double march and haste I could occasionally kill, but generally got it down to 5~7%.

So if the hp is reduced by any noticeable amount then the prospect of just going into delve to trio the NMs for plutons seems like some pretty good money...
    Is this a joke? I could do matamata in ~25seconds pre patch (52-60 seconds between WS), now you can do it 2 WS earlier with just 1 mnk, 3 if you have 2.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Is this a joke? I could do matamata in ~25seconds pre patch (52-60 seconds between WS), now you can do it 2 WS earlier with just 1 mnk, 3 if you have 2.
    Without any buffs? Cause I call bull on that. My monk wasnt perfectly geared but I have oatixur and moderatelly well augmented otronif gear, etc etc, and would only get mata down to about 35% after 7th ws.

Without buffs.

With buffs no problem, I'm talking doing it essentially solo, no haste, no songs, no rolls, just food and impetus.

Maybe with 119 RME might've been possible to solo mata without buffs but otherwise I call bull. Afaik above ground mata is still the same difficulty, so I'd like to see a video of someone soloing that guy without any buffs, cause that'd mean Im clearly doing something wrong. People claiming 25 seconds sound a helluva lot like they had double march up or popped hundred fists. Cause after 1 minute I dished out about 65% hp on mata.

You'd need some MASSIVE increase to DPS to go from 65% in 1 minute to 100% in 25 seconds... In fact thats damn near 5x the dps of my monk. Now I can't really prove to people what kind of gear I was wearing on my monk 1 month ago, but I think it's safe to say the handful of side grades I could do for my monk would maaaaybe increase my dps by another 5~10%.. not 500%.

So either I really really had 0 fucking clue as to what I am doing, delve matamata is miles weaker than above ground mata, or you are talking bullshit. If it's the first I'd love to learn what I was doing wrong, if it is the second then my question is answered (yes I can solo new delve matamata no problem), or 3...

And to my knowledge the stat for mata is pop formless strikes after ws 7, that's it. And also to my knowledge delve mobs aren't any different from above ground mobs, in fact they are a bit tougher when the zone gives them the 30 second buff every now and then.

Unless you mean you were killing mata with hundred fists or double march or some shit, which means you completely missed the part of my post asking about if you could do it without any buffs.

Im a BG Attention Whore
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Anub'arak

how is mastop? does he seem easier as Krab?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You said you generally only got it to 5-7% with marches+haste. Rigors mnk could have a 100% success rate on it with marches+haste solo.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Pointless bullshit
    Your post specifically stated you had double march and haste and still couldn't kill it, this makes you terrible. Obviously I don't bother entering delve without a brd because that is moronic.

@feary: In the 1 run I've done right after the patch, mastop died in like 90 seconds with Yoichi Sam and Mnk, namas arrow was doing sizable chunks of hp each time but tparty was broken.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Like I said, I'd like to see a video of people taking down mata in 20 seconds solo without popping hundred fists. I'd be impressed.

Clearly you've missed the entire point of my post, I want to know if it's possible to solo the new matamata, not, I solo it with buffs from my 5 other members of party, I mean literally enter the zone solo or maybe with a whm, though I imagine that's unnecessary.

Instead of actually answering my question you decided to just say "yeah well with buffs I could totally kill mata in like 20 seconds or whatever before nerf so suck less" Which is not an answer to my question.

And I also still wouldn't stick a solo mnk on mata in delve ever. I have seen even the best of monks, talking about how easy it is and how they can totally take down mata solo, only to stall out at 10~15% and fuck up the whole run.

I have also seen monks solo it, but I'd say tops 40~50% success rate of soloing it in one go without hundred fists and buffs out the ass (brd/cor/haste/etc)

And with rigor baghnacks? Maybe with a bard rotation putting 6 buffs and 4 cor rolls and haste and who knows whatever else, but even then I would never ever rely on that strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Your post specifically stated you had double march and haste and still couldn't kill it,

and with double march and haste I could occasionally kill, but generally got it down to 5~7%.
    I'd say about 40% success rate, to be specific. I want 100%. With the nerf, is it possible to kill mata in delve SOLO or maybe with a pocket whm, how hard is it going to be to down mata, and by extension are the other nms as easy?

Old Merits
    BG Level

You accuse me of missing the point, but you are missing the point of how terrible your mnks are if they EVER failed to kill matamata with 2x march and haste (no 6 song rotation or cor or any other buffs outside of berserk/aggressor).

I used to 3box matamata mnk brd sch or mnk brd whm using rigor before the ilevel update with a 100% success rate. After the ilevel update matamata was easily killable with just haste spell and oatixur's, again with a 100% success rate.

Apart from the fact you can't enter delve solo, which makes your entire hypothetical situation fucking pointless, farming delve NMs for plutons is a truly awful way to make gil.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You're really terrible, pchan was a much more useful poster than you and only half as annoying. Yes, rigors+brd could easily down mata prepatch. Failing to kill mata at all with brd+oatixur means you're pretty much an awful player and must be doing something horribly wrong.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What the fuck? How bad does a MNK have to be in order to fail Mata, let alone now that it has a fraction of the HP? Can kill it solo on the 4th or 5th TP move now, don't even need to wait for all of them. I don't even

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp I guess I just don't know how to do mata, anyone got a video of a monk soloing mata above ground so I can see what I am doing wrong? Cause I made a couple more attempts the other night and couldn't get it below 40% on average without any buffs.

Iv checked, double checked, and triple checked to make sure I was popping formless after its tp move #7, doing well over 10K dmg a hit, but I just run out of time and it wses and resets.

Using curry buns, and usual mix of thaumus body, otronif, and the kumhau legs, oatixur, windbuffet belt, atheling mantle, double attack earrings, etc etc. Only real upgrades for my gear is +1 otronif for a bit more stat vomit, and the AA head for a bit more triple attack.

When I pop hundred fists I can down it no problem, but with just formless + impetus up I can only get it to 40%.

So if anyone has a video to show me them soloing mata in morimor, maybe I can watch it and see what I am missing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You should be doing like 40-50k per hit after TP move 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast