+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desh's stream     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Desh's stream

Greetings,

I finally got curious enough about streaming to try it myself, and I've actually been enjoying it.

Feel free to check me out an follow here:

http://www.twitch.tv/deshende

I've mostly been driven by technology. I see someone do something and I wonder how they pull it off. I've been watching other people's Twitch streams and Let's play videos and wondering if I'm able to pull off the same.

On the tech side I'm using OBS to stream most stuff (and PS4 on occasion).
    I picked up a new c920HD webcam. (Since people seem to like watching the reaction of gamers, and I'll admit that I crack up seeing my combination focus/confused/surprised faces that I've never seen myself make before

Just yesterday I hooked up my elgato for console gaming. That's neat tech so hope to get lot of use out of that.
    I've been researching Chromakey (green screening) and really want to try it, but don't think I can justify the extra space needed for it in my apartment (yet!).

So now that I'm getting the technology down, it may be fun to have a few more people in the chat while I'm streaming. At least it won't feel quite as odd talking to myself then.

Games:
    So far my go to games for streaming have been Final Fantasy 14 and Hearthstone, but I have thrown in some random things like Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Katamari.
    I've got 30~ Ps3 games and near 200 Steam games and many of those I've never taken the time to play (just hard to pass up a good deal). So I'm hoping to use this streaming hobby to tackle many of those!

If I can get enough followers, I'll probably start setting up schedules and votes for next games to tackle.

Right now my main streaming times are weekday evenings (Eastern US time).

Feel free to drop in, say hi, and give any streaming tips that you'd suggest!

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Current schedule:

Mondays: Bioshock night. Finished Bioshock 1, jumping into Bioshock Infinity next session.

Started the Rocksmith 60 day challenge tonight. Going to try and use streaming to hold myself accountable to try and stick with it so will be popping on with Rocksmith for a bit on weeknights when possible.