1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ventrilo killing the sound in FFXIV?

I'm having a problem with Ventrilo and FFXIV.

Every now and then whenever I have Ventrilo up it'll pop me this message:
    Your sound input device has stopped sending data to the Ventrilo client. Please verify that your sound drivers are up to date, that you have selected the correct sound input device and that it is properly attached to your computer. USB microphone devices can come loose and some sound cards will shutdown the input port if your microphone is not properly connected to the sound card.
    It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't that it totally mutes FFXIV right after this message pop and I have to reboot the game to have sound again.

I did try to mess with Ventrilo's output/input settings without success.

This only happens whenever I have both FFXIV and Ventrilo running at the same time. Otherwise I can play FFXIV for 16+ hours in a row without having this issue at all.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seems like there might be a connection here as i've found I receive the same error within ventrilo on occasion, but it seems completely random.
    Some days/nights I can run both for hours without any issue, and other times i'll see the error 3-4 times in 20 mins.

At least in my case, i've never found that it impacts the audio in XIV and doesn't seem to have any lasting effects, as I can send/receive voice immediately after the error.
    I'm running Ventrilo through a headset though, while XIV continues to play through my speakers, so having them on separate devices may be what's saving me.

This has happened to me twice, and it just happened to a friend tonight.