+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes: Reborn (NBC)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That was the entire premise of the first half of season 3 when sylar was working for peters dad thinking he was really his son.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

meh

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Prequel Webseries in Development
    When Heroes premiered in 2006, it didn’t take long for the superhero series to become a hit show with a growing fanbase. Unfortunately, the following year, the writer’s strike contributed to creatively crippling season 2, and its two subsequent seasons were never able to recapture the quality storytelling or viewing audiences of the first. After steadily dipping in the ratings, Heroes was canceled after four seasons.

The series’ sharp decline aside, season 1 of Heroes is still generally well-received. So much so, Heroes has been right up there with other cult shows like Firefly and Stargate Universe as a shows that fans have continually campaigned for a return.

Heroes fans got their wish when NBC announced last month the show would return in all new, 13-episode miniseries from executive producer Tim Kring. The new series, Heroes: Reborn, is expected to air in 2015 and will feature new characters and new storylines. These new characters, however, will first appear in a prequel webseries, which NBC unveiled today as one of the first series debuting through their new online original content initiative.

Titled – rather unimaginatively – Heroes Reborn: Digital Series, the online prequel will be available on NBC.com, Hulu, and video-on-demand. When it will be available isn’t clear, but seeing as casting hasn’t even been announced for the new series, it’s a safe bet the prequel will release no earlier than late 2014.
    http://screenrant.com/heroes-reborn-prequel-webseries/
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/15/he...al-series-nbc/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Didn't they do something similar around season 3 of Heroes the first time around?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Jack Coleman has signed on to the 13-episode miniseries scheduled for next year, reprising his role as Noah Bennet—better known to fans who tuned out after the first season as “HRG,” or “Horn-Rimmed Glasses,”

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Needs moar Hiro & Ando yatta adventures.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

#nope

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    #nope
    I think you meant to say #nissanversa

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Needs moar Hiro & Ando yatta adventures.
    It's damn hard to fit time travel into a story without ruining it (which is a large part of what went wrong with Heroes). If the story isn't world-driven, or character-driven, then any character with half a brain who can time travel will resolve the plot immediately unless the mechanic is massively gated, which Hiro's really wasn't. If he hadn't been holding the Idiot Ball for the entire series, then there wouldn't have been a show.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

they should call this show shit: reshat

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    It's damn hard to fit time travel into a story without ruining it (which is a large part of what went wrong with Heroes). If the story isn't world-driven, or character-driven, then any character with half a brain who can time travel will resolve the plot immediately unless the mechanic is massively gated, which Hiro's really wasn't. If he hadn't been holding the Idiot Ball for the entire series, then there wouldn't have been a show.
    Oh definitely. I didn't really care much for the time-traveling aspects. Having him able to teleport around, along with Ando being a lame sidekick trying to figure out how to be useful was somewhat entertaining.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    If he hadn't been holding the Idiot Ball for the entire series, then there wouldn't have been a show.
    Agreed. Same with Peter, who effectively became God by the end of season one, once he got Hiro's powers along with everyone else's. So they gave Peter amnesia, and then took away all his powers, and then .... I lost interest. The writers wrote themselves into a corner, and never figured out a good way out of it.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Oh definitely. I didn't really care much for the time-traveling aspects. Having him able to teleport around, along with Ando being a lame sidekick trying to figure out how to be useful was somewhat entertaining.
    On this, we agree.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Agreed. Same with Peter, who effectively became God by the end of season one, once he got Hiro's powers along with everyone else's. So they gave Peter amnesia, and then took away all his powers, and then .... I lost interest. The writers wrote themselves into a corner, and never figured out a good way out of it.
    Yep.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hiro needed to turn into the Phoenix with a katana, and it just never happened.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    they should call this show shit: reshat
    How dare you Tyven.

I will watch this show and I will like it. Can I get a Hayden cameo in a cheerleader outfit please? Not that the skimpy shit she wears on Nashville isn't enough.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    My understanding of the original Hero's universe was that Tim Kring wanted each season to feature new characters. So the script was written, storylines set, and then suddenly the show explodes and ratings go off the charts and they have to finish season 1 and find themselves screwed for season two because NBC forced them to bring all the original cast back.

I'm slightly more hopeful about this because it's only 12 episodes and they are giving Tim Kring more leeway.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

sounds like they are gonna reshit some shit

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    My understanding of the original Hero's universe was that Tim Kring wanted each season to feature new characters. So the script was written, storylines set, and then suddenly the show explodes and ratings go off the charts and they have to finish season 1 and find themselves screwed for season two because NBC forced them to bring all the original cast back.

I'm slightly more hopeful about this because it's only 12 episodes and they are giving Tim Kring more leeway.
    That is what I understood as well, and it made some sense. The show's peak was really right before its first season finale, which was a letdown and continued to get worse from there on out.

In this day and age, when shows like American Horror Story, True Detective and (maybe) Fargo are having success with the new story every season model, they might actually be able to convince a network this method will work. "Cautiously optimistic" is how I would consider my current outlook.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The "save the cheerleader, save the world" line was fucking brilliant and I used to say that every day for like six months. I couldn't love season one hard enough.

Season two was much worse.

Season three and four never happened and you can't make me believe otherwise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag