FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heroes: Reborn (NBC)

Press Release
    Spoiler: show
    NEW EVENT MINISERIES 'HEROES REBORN' COMES TO NBC IN 2015

Tim Kring to Executive Produce 13 New Episodes of Groundbreaking Series 'Heroes'

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Feb. 22, 2014 - NBC is bringing back its conquering "Heroes."

An iconic series that still commands a rabid fan base, "Heroes" will return to the network in 2015 as an event miniseries with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm, it was announced today by NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke.

NBC has ordered 13 episodes for a new stand-alone story arc entitled "Heroes Reborn," with all details of storylines and characters being kept under wraps.

"The enormous impact 'Heroes' had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening," said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke. "Shows with that kind of resonance don't come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We're thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won't rule out the possibility of some of the show's original cast members popping back in."

The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.

With the return of "Heroes Reborn," NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines. This leveraging of social media is a way for fans to re-engage with what was one for the true pioneers in multiplatform storytelling.

#HeroesReborn

The iconic sci-fi series, which ran on NBC from 2006-10 and was an immediate hit, ranked as television's #1 new drama with an average audience of 14.5 million viewers during its initial season. The show was Golden Globe-nominated in its first year of eligibility for best drama series; it won the BAFTA Award for best international series, the AFI Award, the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films Saturn Award, two People's Choice Awards and the Television Critics Association Award for Program of the Year.

"Heroes" remains one of the best-selling TV series on DVD of all time with more than 10 million units sold.

TL:DR Heroes is back with a new cast for 13 episodes plus webisodes introducing the new characters.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Huh...cautiously optimistic...fully expecting dreams to be crushed though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blame Microsoft for this (This article is from April 2013)
    It looks like NBC's hit superhero series Heroes could end up making a comeback! MSN is currently in talks with the network to revive the series as an original program that would air on Xbox. Look, I liked Heroes just as much as the next fan, but the more the series went on the more is sucked. By its final season, I was so glad it was ending. I can't say that I'm very excited to hear that it might return, but if it does, maybe they can make it good. According to TV Line,
    Details remain sketchy, but sources confirm that MSN is interested in relaunching the once red-hot NBC Universal franchise with new stories and heroes, while mixing in cameos from the original series’ cast (schedules and interest permitting). The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/4/18...-comeback.html
    http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

oh sweet cant wait for the lols. this show was so fucking terrible its first go round

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Maybe seeing all the same ideas, conflicts, and character development with a new cast will make it seem original and new again?

MAYBE WE WILL FINALLY GET TO SEE SYLAR VS PETER FOR REAL THIS TIME

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    MAYBE WE WILL FINALLY GET TO SEE SYLAR VS PETER FOR REAL THIS TIME

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

zomg I am excite

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

oh man i am having flashbacks to the original heroes thread. OH THE LOLS

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hopefully this show will live up to a second good season. If they can't top the first and only season they shouldn't bother bringing it back.

First season was great - it's rare I buy box sets of shows but I did that one - by the end - good god it got awful past.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I've been rewatching this on Netflix(On ep 12 of Season 4). Almost done this piece of shit show. I never actually finished it back in the day. The last episode I saw back then was the one before Claire kissed her roommate there and went all dyke. Dear god, I hope they make the Characters more likeable this time round.

And the reason I'm rewatching is because I was thinking to myself if I can finish Lost, I can finish this.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

wtb hiro/sylar tho, though sylar is prob. too expensive now.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

My understanding was that Kring's original plan for the show was to dump the entire cast after the first season and start with all new characters, but NBC forced him to keep the characters because of their popularity. This was a reason for some of the shows major problems("how are we going to keep peter from being superman this season?"). I bring this up, not to excuse the hot sweltering pile of shit the show became, but to say there might be reason to hope this won't be utter garbage.

Wonder if I can still find the old Heroes thread for the lulz...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    My understanding was that Kring's original plan for the show was to dump the entire cast after the first season and start with all new characters, but NBC forced him to keep the characters because of their popularity. This was a reason for some of the shows major problems("how are we going to keep peter from being superman this season?"). I bring this up, not to excuse the hot sweltering pile of shit the show became, but to say there might be reason to hope this won't be utter garbage.

Wonder if I can still find the old Heroes thread for the lulz...
    Yeah, that's pretty much the whole thing. A rotating cast each season with whole new scenarios would have been awesome. I mean it'd basically be a 13-26 hour X-men origin...with original characters.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Season 1 was one of the best stand-alone seasons of any show, ever.

Seasons 2-4 were a series of trainwrecks that were horrible, each worse than the previous.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Please. No. I know Kring wanted to do the whole British-style "sweep everyone out every season or two" thing but I feel like they ruined the brand already. Call it something different and no more fucking cheerleaders (I'm kidding, more cheerleaders)

Ridill
    BG Level

Wow, crazy coincidence. I just watched the first two episodes with my sister last night cause she's never seen it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

not sure if I want this or not. I will watch it to see how horrible it is though. Since its NBC, it will be hysterical if it doesn't get to air all 13 of the episodes

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah there's pretty much two types of shows at NBC. underperformers that get pulled before they finish running, and underperformers that get more seasons than anyone ever expected because it doesn't underperform quite as badly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag