Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Well Campaign *IS* going to work. That's not the question, the question rather is "up to which level"
    With the skillup attachments, they're not so bad either.
    Another way possibly would be against an Abyssea NM that doesn't move, i.e. a worm. Equip refresh/regen and magic defense (or something) Atmas and then deploy your pet at distance against Megamaw Mickey or another Worm NM.
    Afk with a water/light/dark maneuver (skillups, regen, refresh) and some regen/refresh gear, and you should get quite a few of skillups once you're back. This method should work up to the cap I think, altough latter levels will likely start being slower in spite of Percolator.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I haven't tried this since my puppet has been capped on magic skill forever now, but I wonder if you could deploy a whm puppet at range vs one of the environmental hazards in adoulin, such as numbing blossoms, and have the puppet try to remove paralyze etc over and over again. Of course, I don't think it can actually be removed and therefore you can't get skill doing that. Hmm. Maybe one of the poison mushrooms and let it cure you/ trusts in range. But really just using the whm puppet in general will cap you sooner than later.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

try melo melo with whm auto meleeing him, 2x regen atmas, 1 refresh. not entirely 100% afk, but only need to do something every 5-10 min.

For overloaded issue...
    I have heat sink and condenser.
    Use water -> 3xwind
    On RNG frame.
    I never come to overload at all.
    Downside is you need to reapply 4 maneuvers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I haven't tried this since my puppet has been capped on magic skill forever now, but I wonder if you could deploy a whm puppet at range vs one of the environmental hazards in adoulin, such as numbing blossoms, and have the puppet try to remove paralyze etc over and over again.
    I would think it might work the same as the old curse trick in beaudux would remove and be placed right back should work for skilling up the puppet can't test since I am capped long time...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't tried this since my puppet has been capped on magic skill forever now, but I wonder if you could deploy a whm puppet at range vs one of the environmental hazards in adoulin, such as numbing blossoms, and have the puppet try to remove paralyze etc over and over again. Of course, I don't think it can actually be removed and therefore you can't get skill doing that. Hmm. Maybe one of the poison mushrooms and let it cure you/ trusts in range. But really just using the whm puppet in general will cap you sooner than later.
    Yeah doesn't seem to be getting any skill from that. Probably because unlike the beaudux thing this status actually can't be removed at all it only wears off over time. Meh this is mainly on my mules just in case I plan on using them but doubt I'd ever use the whm puppet. Healing poison should work though... but obviously a bit more mp intensive... maybe those poison bushes in attowha?

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    try melo melo with whm auto meleeing him, 2x regen atmas, 1 refresh. not entirely 100% afk, but only need to do something every 5-10 min.
    Kinda odd with melo melo. Can be totally fine afk and then it will do it's crazy poison and drop the auto like it is nothing. Granted don't have enough skill for it to use good cures yet lol. Also noticed that after 15-20 minutes melo melo kind goes crazy and auto goes from hitting for 200ish to litterally 0 and that's with it out of it's shell. And it goes from doing hardly any dmg to tons to the auto. It's like it's raged but dang is it the fastest rage I've ever seen. Let it regen a tick to reset but it would do it fast again every time

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I always hated melo melo and was glad you could get the KI from a gold box. The poison plants in attowa would be the same issue as beadeux since you'd need to engage the puppet on a nearby mob and it would just cast enfeebles on it. Depending on what lvl your skill is, nowadays it's probably easiest to just have blm puppet nuke worms in abyssea, healing skill ups aren't super common but I solo'd a lot of stuff on pup with whm puppet so it just capped naturally. I don't think there's any way to totally AFK skill up with puppet anymore.

best bet is celeubre in aby-tahrongi, blm bot, refresh, 2 regen atmas, or a regen and ducal guard atma. drag him the ledge near conflux 3, let auto play with him, afk near conflux out of harms way. After about 20 or 30 minutes though, if your automaton hasn't managed to kill him (which can happen at lower skill levels), she will start raging and easily do 300-400 damage blasts at automaton before coming to chomp you. So after about 20-25 minutes or so i just use the conflux, come back, and let her regen to full before proceeding to annoy her some more.

Also works for ranged skillups. Only thing is, I noticed eventually she bugs out and can permanently be hit by melee attacks, making her die faster. oh well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah trying that now. Very weird though just on first pull it started doing the always in melee range. Never even heard of it till you said something lol. Oh well melee skillups too!

Edit: 75 min in and the auto still going strong. Though it appears Cel has gotten much more magic def and meva so sometimes they deal 0 dmg even without stoneskin

While ppl talking about skill up.
    RDM frame, Yorcia or Marj reives , deploy and afk ?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You can't get skillups in reives, so no.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    You can't get skillups in reives, so no.
    You can since last update.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Just finished Kenkonken today - once I'm done with upgrading it to 119, I don't know how best to gear for AM3. Typical accuracy/attack set, or gear towards Martial Arts bonuses?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you mean gear with martial arts stat kinda depends on the situation. At capped magic/gear haste you'd already be capped delay reduction...

Campaign
    BG Level

Well, not like there are many "Enhances Martial Arts" items for PUP. It's hard to compare it to DW since the former has a fixed value and the latter works based on a % (making it way more powerful).
    Not sure what you meant with "gearing toward martial arts"

I mean, I can only think of two possibly decent MA items and that's Cirque Necklace and Shaolin Belt.
    Both are nice but afaik there are better options, even when solo playing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

AF3+2 legs too, but yeah not really worth using anymore. Maybe if/when we can 109/119 them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just throwing this out here, but as the architect of the revamped pup guide on FFXI AH. i'd like to note that the 2.0 guide is open to be edited publicly. if anyone would like to take a stab at keeping things up to date over there, or have any passing interests, pm me here, or PM esor.odin on ffxiah and i will add you to the list of contributors.

I took a break updating it till new af and delve II were out, but as they are available now, It's probably a good time to update everything. any input or attention is welcome.

Campaign
    BG Level

AF3+2 legs too
    I didn't list AF3+2 legs because it would be kinda pointless to use them no matter what.
    Now once we get reforged Empy it's gonna be a different story, but for now they're worthless. (I use them for Pet: setups! )
    Neck and Shaolin are still viable options but Shaolin loses to Windbuffet and Neck is pretty close to other options, but I think it's mostly inferior to... uh... asperity?
    Haven't tested with 119 KKK equipped but I doubt that's gonna make a difference.

@Orcai
    I'd like to help but sadly I'm afraid I'm not competent enough to be adding anything interesting to the thread.
    I'll surely keep an eye on it though

Just a quick question.

Divinator and Magnetor are both giving ilvl117 and same stat+?
    If any of you have both to compare.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Just a quick question.

Divinator and Magnetor are both giving ilvl117 and same stat+?
    If any of you have both to compare.
    Divinator is i119