1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: might as well delete this     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

might as well delete this

reviving

somebody in my LS said today that he got his 4th tonberry, and he got it from mining a boarskin
    i've been fishing for them for weeks now, and haven't gotten a tonberry from my boarskins

but "how" you get the map should be irrelevant, since you can buy/sell them on the market

so i just have a simple question....... has ANYBODY fished a boarskin, went out and got a tonberry?

User was infracted for this post.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I can't directly answer your question, but I have obtained several boarskins from mining/botany and haven't had a single tonberry yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

How you get the map is completely irrelevant. It's the same as a boss drop loot table. The loot table is decided the moment you dig up the treasure chest most likely.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah man, it's just random. I have done well over 30 boarskin maps solo now and have yet to see a tonberry myself.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

everybody jumps to the conclusion about it being random, which yes, it makes the most sense and normally i would agree with that...

however..... there "could be the possibility" that maps from mining/botony/fishing could be slightly different in some way

it's difficult to create hard data from it since we'd need a lot of people logging which DOL job they got a map from, drops, etc.

stating that its "random" is just an opinion with no hard data or proof.

so my question is quite valid still. has anybody fished a boardskin and gotten a tonberry?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Possibly? Sure. Unlikey? Most likely. Let's not start looking for patterns in what we don't see.

Sounds like moon phase crafting bullshit to me.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i'm not getting super technical with moon phase BS

it's quite simple.

fish a boarskin map, get a tonberry......yes/no

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Considering you can put maps on market board I highly doubt "where/how it was acquired" is tracked on an item-to-item basis. Since AFAIK item "transfers", aren't. It's just deleting from the sender and copying to the receiver. Or some technical junk like that.

You could argue this isn't the case because of item signatures I guess, but considering how "PS3 limitations" everything is? *shrug*

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I stated that in my original post, and i said it should be irrelevant

and yet, nobody i've heard of yet has FISHED a boarskin and gotten a tonberry (using the map you fished up)

that is what i'm asking.

not interested in opinions about random things, i already understand that concept and stated i'd normally go with it, etc.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    and yet, nobody i've heard of yet has FISHED a boarskin and gotten a tonberry (using the map you fished up)
    First go speak with your whole server, let us know what you find.

not interested in opinions about random things, i already understand that concept and stated i'd normally go with it, etc.
    No, I don't think you do...

This conversation is dumb.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    First go speak with your whole server, let us know what you find.

No, I don't think you do...

This conversation is dumb.
    the conversation with YOU is dumb because all you've provided is your opinion with no actual data to support it

if you cannot answer the simple question of "have you fished a boarskin map and used it to get a tonberry", then you must be a little too dumb to answer yes or no instead of providing your "like duh" opinion about how things are "random" with no proof with hard data

since you provide nothing, then don't bother replying. go cry about how "dumb" a conversation with you is

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Minion List

You're right bro.

SE totally put Boarskin maps in fishing holes to troll all the fishers. They don't drop tonberry minions, clearly, because you personally have never seen or heard of one dropping from a fished up map.

That must mean you're onto something. Oh noes! Let's make a OF-style post about it on BG. You're just looking for the one answer you want and aren't seeing anything else.

You're a moron and it's why no one bothered to reply to you. The level of speculation is retard-level. Go post it in GD. I'm sure someone will inform you of the answer to your ridiculous inquiry.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Wouldn't there be multiple entries in the .dats for tracking where maps came from? It's a bit too extraordinarily dickish for SE to cut drops depending on the source.

Besides, your data is someone claiming he picked up his 4th when there are multiple miners in the thread (myself included) saying they've gone 0/30+. Random dice are random, but I'll make sure I'm facing north with no gloves equipped next time I open my box to get my swan feathers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    You're a moron and it's why no one bothered to reply to you.
    I'm a moron now cause nobody bothered to reply? Or because it's been a few hours and it takes some time for an actual fisher to chime in, not some bafoon like yourself acting like a total retard and acting out since you are butthurt over a "dumb" conversation lol

you truly take the cake on todays idiot of the day big guy!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Wouldn't there be multiple entries in the .dats for tracking where maps came from? It's a bit too extraordinarily dickish for SE to cut drops depending on the source.
    it's actually not outlandish to think so if you look at the drop rates for items in coil that had to be readjusted after complaints

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Grey Jorildyn 's level of thinking is everything is random, and he probably still thinKs coil drops were completely random too until people provided actual data showing certain things were coming up FAR too often than others, which is why SE adjusted the rates

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

it's actually not outlandish to think so if you look at the drop rates for items in coil that had to be readjusted after complaints
    That's different than what we're discussing, though. That was just a bad cluster of items spread in each chest, you're saying there's a completely undetectable chest that only exists for fished-up maps, that contains the same potential spread as all the others but lacks one specific thing, despite the other maps not having any greater chance of seeing them either.

I could technically claim I've never seen a mined-up map produce a Tonberry, and given there's no proof except people verbally claiming the opposite. Like I said, random dice are random.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Minion List

People have already replied to your speculative bs with real answers. If it's going to take a fisher who obtained their own map telling you they got a tonberry then you'll be waiting awhile.

Your speculation is absurd and we have already gave you at least four different answers now.

Edit: boom headshot? Please go back to the OF already.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

And yet my question is still valid

has anybody FISHED up a boarskini and used that map to get a tonberry?

from now on, only yes/no answers will apply since i'm not interested in the conversations about how random drops are

i'm only interested in the yes or the no on that question

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Grey Jorildyn 's level of thinking is everything is random, and he probably still thinKs coil drops were completely random too until people provided actual data showing certain things were coming up FAR too often than others, which is why SE adjusted the rates

BOOM! HEADSHOT!
    ...except the Coil drops WERE random, they were just weighted differently because of how the DRG drops were distributed between the two boxes. 9/12 drops on one side being DRG and 6/12 on the other (fake numbers, but just being used for example) is a disproportionate spread that likely ends with double DRG drops. If there's a 95% chance of getting a tonberry to drop, and you fish up 95 maps and get none, that's STILL random. You're arguing "Well I rolled this d20 twenty times and got three 1s! Dice are biased against red dice!"

Also, ugh. "Boom, headshot?" Really?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast